PDA

View Full Version : Dothraki Hair Toys

Les
June 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Anyone else here watching Game of Thrones? I'm trying to find some hairtoys to match a Khal Drogo look (photo below). Anyone have any pointers? I already have some ponytail cuffs from copperbracelets.com & nwtreasuretrove.com but they aren't quite right.

http://hobohacker.com/khal-drogo-hairtoys.jpg

Xepher
June 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I just finished watching the first season the other day! I LOVE the Dothraki and Targaryen side story, they're my favorite, Khal Drogo's hair is amazing :p I don't have any pointers, but I wanted to chime in as a fellow watcher, and Drogo fangirl.

Djinmonet
June 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I thought the squared off cuffs from nwtreasuretrove.com, looked close enough, but I don't know of any place making ones exactly like the pictured items.
However, thank you for posting this, as I've only been reading the books and now I'm fairly certain I want to see the live interpretation as well. :D

Animae
June 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jason Momoa is just too pretty. I was so happy when I found out he was in game of thrones.

Those toys are so cool, I also like a lot of the braids I've seen on the show.

Yosha
June 26th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I love this style! Maybe toe rings would work?

slz
June 26th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hair toys ? What hair toys ? It's not this type of toy I can see in the picture :eyebrows:.

Sundial
June 26th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I'm thinking the hair rings from www.hairglove.com seem close enough

Nini
June 26th, 2011, 05:55 AM
You could always try and e-mail HBO. Chances are they had them handmaid, but maybe not;)

skraprchik
June 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
You could always try and e-mail HBO. Chances are they had them handmaid, but maybe not;)
I was thinking the same thing. They could probably tell you where the stylist got them from.

skraprchik
June 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Try here (http://www.nwtreasuretrove.com/mens-celtic-jewelry.htm). It might have something that would work for you.

TheLurkingToad
June 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I had always imagined Khal Drago with some neat hair but this is my first time seeing him. I know now how I will want to hear my hair when it is longer.

BlazingHeart
June 26th, 2011, 10:21 PM
It looks like what they've done is to string very large beads on his hair. I know you can get big enough beads to do small sections of hair, but I don't know about beads that big.

Eolan
June 27th, 2011, 02:14 AM
In the book he had a huge braid with bells attached to it, if you want to get literal. :)