PDA

View Full Version : Length Over Shoulders Compared To Length Behind Shoulders.

KittyLost
June 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I was curious to see if those with longer lengths could share what length thier hair appeared when down and pulled infront of your shoulders. I know some length is lost when it's pulled forward compared to when it just falls straight down your back, I was wondering by how much this was.

If your hair is APL, where does it fall when pulled forwards? Shoulder?
Does Waist length appear BSL when pulled forwards?

ETA: Does this affect your goal? I guess this question is for those longhairs who like to wear thier hair down a lot. Anyway, do you prefer your hair to reach goal length in the back or in the front?

spidermom
June 25th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I have a deliberate steep U-shape to blend growing out fringe into length. So the front flows from about BSL. When I pull all my hair in front of my shoulders, the longest ends touch the tops of my thighs. In back, the same ends seem shorter because of my large hind-end.

krissykins
June 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
My hair is waist length behind me and it's just *barely* BSL in front of my shoulders.

AshleyTheRed
June 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
My hair is almost to the bottom of my rib cage down my back, but is about mid breast over my shoulder.

Laurenji
June 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Mine isn't too much different, but I'm rather flat up front. I'd imagine that the..uh...more mountainous your landscape is, the shorter it will be in the front compared to the back.

elbow chic
June 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
mine is BSL in back but just a couple inches past APL pulled forward.

|Xei
June 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
My hair is in a deep V-shape (the point got rounded off after my last cut though) and the longest parts fall an inch or so away from my waist. My hair is hip length.

BabyRay33
June 25th, 2011, 07:14 PM
My hair is about 1.5 from BSL in the back and about 3 inches from it in the front. Its frustrating!!:mad:

Lianna
June 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm about half inch to APL in the back and about an inch to APL in the front. I have a moderate U shaped hemline.

dulce
June 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I am at waist in back and just past nipple in front.I have big droopy breasts so it's not too accurate in front for length.

kidari
June 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Mine is about BSL in the back and over my shoulders in the front it looks APL. I have a lot of layers and it's cut in a slight V shape.

LaceyNg
June 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Mine is about BSL in the back and over my shoulders in the front it looks APL. I have a lot of layers and it's cut in a slight V shape.

mine's the same. cant wait for it to get long in the FRONT too!

meganb990
June 25th, 2011, 11:43 PM
APL in the front and a little past shoulder in the front.

Masara
June 26th, 2011, 06:40 AM
My hair is a little beyond tailbone at the back and maybe groin length at the front. There's not that much difference; I have more bum to go round than I do boob.

CareBear
June 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM
My hair is a little beyond tailbone at the back and maybe groin length at the front. There's not that much difference; I have more bum to go round than I do boob.
I hear ya!
Mine is tb in back :D and when I'm sitting it touches my leg in front and pools there a tiny bit

vanity_acefake
June 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Almost waist length in back, bottom of rib cage in front.
:)

jojo
June 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM
My hair is just past waist in the back and just about covers my boobs in the front; i have big boobs its gonna be quite a while until it catche to waist!

gthlvrmx
June 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I try not to care and notice that, it feels super short when i see that.

Cirafly24
June 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
My hair is TBL in the back, and barely hip length in the front. To use Laurenji's terminology, I have a very mountainous landscape ;)

PianoPlaye
June 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mine isn't too much different, but I'm rather flat up front. I'd imagine that the..uh...more mountainous your landscape is, the shorter it will be in the front compared to the back.
Alas, spot on. My bathtowel remains my only hope for modesty so far.

beccababesx
June 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I lose quite a bit of length, but I'm quite big in the bust proportionally. Its annoying because that's how I like to wear my hair. I'm MBL on the back, close to waist, and an inch past nipple length (lol!).

x0h_bother
June 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I just want to say how much I hate this phenomenon. It.drives.me.nuts!
Top of BSL forward, bottom of BSL backward.

curlymarcia
June 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
My hair is BSL in the back, but on the top of my breast when put in on the front. The worst thing is that I like better in the front.

KittyLost
June 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Interesting. I thought it might be similiar for everyone but I forgot to take into account womanly attributes! It's interesting to see how frustrating it is for some of you too, I've added another question to my original post.

MissAlida
June 28th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I am somewhere between APL and BSL, and it takes a LIFETIME to get to BSL:doh:. If I pull my hair in the front, I have the longest layers hang down in front of my shoulders just about 3-4 inches, and the shortest layers barely touch my shoulders. My hair grows wery slowly:(.

skyblue
June 28th, 2011, 03:13 AM
when in front it hangs right over my hip bones lol

Earth Angel
June 28th, 2011, 05:58 AM
When down at the back its bottom of BSL but when pulled forwards, only just past my shoulder, but this is prob due to the fact I still have some layers at the front desperately trying to grow out ;)

metricfuture
June 28th, 2011, 06:06 AM
My hair is around 2-3 inches shy of BSL in the back, but only a bit past APL in the front. My hemline isn't in what I would call any sort of "shape", I have a million layers, and you could draw a topographical map of my front with a blank sheet of paper and no pen.:)

Alaia
June 28th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mine is not too different. 1 inch past TB in the back, rests (about 1 inch) in my lap in the front. I have huge thighs though so I would have thought it would not hit my lap if I were thinner.

My goal is going to be reached when it gets there in the back.

wandlimb
June 28th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mine is mid-back but looks BSL at the front.

Ashenputtel
June 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
BSL in the back, it goes on the top of my breast in the front. It's not so bad. It's gonna get worst once it climbs up my montains, since I am quite busty.

luxepiggy
June 28th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I suspect hemline shape makes a big difference - I wear a blunt hemline, and my hair is pretty much the same length either way. I think it's because the front pieces actually have to be the longest bits, in order for the hemline to be level when all the hair is pushed back behind the shoulders. Then when those same pieces are moved to the front, a bit of length is lost going over the curve of the bust, so overall it ends up in around the same spot either way.

Leoslaire
June 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
My hair is halfway down my back (bottom of ribcage) when it is behind my shoulders, and *almost* BSL when it is in front. This is the longest I have ever worn my hair, and I'm still getting used to the fact that it gets caught between my back and the chair back when I'm sitting!

Juli414
June 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I was curious to see if those with longer lengths could share what length thier hair appeared when down and pulled infront of your shoulders. I know some length is lost when it's pulled forward compared to when it just falls straight down your back, I was wondering by how much this was.

If your hair is APL, where does it fall when pulled forwards? Shoulder?
Does Waist length appear BSL when pulled forwards?

ETA: Does this affect your goal? I guess this question is for those longhairs who like to wear thier hair down a lot. Anyway, do you prefer your hair to reach goal length in the back or in the front?
My longest in the back is just waist. If I part my hair down the back and pull to either side and front, as though about to braid or put into two ponytails there are very small points that almost touch my nipples. My goal is waist or longer, in front. In a year or so, I want to have the hem evened up again. I really hate the fairytale ends on my hair.

HintOfMint
June 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Can-I-call-this-hip from the back and an inch and a half from waist from the front. Fortunately my "tracts of land" are small enough so that I am still well covered from the front. An upside to everything, I guess.

I would like to be hip length from the front, but that may involve longer hair than I am willing to deal with. I would love to be waist-length from the front while braided, but that is certainly not happening.

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM
I hate that! The hair down my back is significantly longer it seems than when I pull hair to the front. I want it to all be the same length...

NaiadOreiad
July 2nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
I have 1 inch to go to get to BSL in the back and my front layers are only half an inch past apl in the front. Damn fairytale deep V.

see_turtle
July 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Mine is 2-3" from waist in back and only just started working it's way down my "mountains" in front. haha.

AnnaJamila
July 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
My hair is almost to the bottom of my rib cage down my back, but is about mid breast over my shoulder.

Lol, mines the exact same length! :p