PDA

View Full Version : Different textures makes hair down unattractive

shikara
June 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Most of my hair is fairly straight, but the hair on my nape is coarse and wavier. This makes my hair hang in about three different sections with what I think is quite a gap in between each:( Boy, this is kind of frustrating. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to lessen the impact these different textures. Do you have similar problems?

Djinmonet
June 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Hmm. I have this, but I always thought of it as added mystery and interest. Well, until the odd times some coarse curlies grab the fine wavy strands, and try to make some strange corkscrews. The medium wavy strands escape, the fine get a bit frustratingly locked. Other then that I've always liked the effect. I don't know how it works with straight on top and coarse wavy underneath, but I think I have seen it before and liked it. :shrug:

весна
June 27th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I have this too and it makes my hair look weird, almost like a whole section of my hair is missing. And my hair is very thin towards the ends no matter the trims so this isn't really helping it look any better. :boohoo:

Mesmerise
June 27th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Ooooh I know all about random hair. It's actually nice to know I'm not the only one who has just a multitude of different hair textures :rolleyes:. Honestly, I think across my head it ranges from a fairly straight 1c (if not 1b) right up to 2c underneath. And the left side from the back looks wavier than the right side!!! ARGH! It drives me nuts.

This is why I LOVED my straightener. It was the only way I could get my hair to behave in a consistent manner... but it was also ruining my hair too... I can sorta get decent hair if I wrap it, but it's a hassle, and my hair HURTS so bad after I've done it!

Zesty
June 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I have pictures in my loose hair album of this... My hair is pretty straight on top, with weird uneven waves underneath. I don't have any problems when it's down, but it looks kind of odd when I do a half up. It can help if I do braid waves or something to make it all evenly wavy. Maybe that could work for you.

I also occasionally find a stray M/C wavy on my mostly fine-haired head. :p It's funny how hair is.

HintOfMint
June 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
My hair can be 3A curly in the front but 2A wavy in the back, and of course frizz galore from the baby strands that haven't been weighed down yet (and yes, I have tried not touching my hair as it dries--no dice). I damp bun to get it into uniform loose curls and that's been the thing that allows me to really wear my hair down without it looking sloppy. Hair wrapping also helps when I want it to be a bit straighter.