PDA

View Full Version : Grow past the awkward growing stage, a question for the men.

IndigoAsh
June 25th, 2011, 12:57 PM
My husband has decided to let his hair grow out, but he's reaching a uncomfortable awkward stage and asked my advice on how to cover his hair(Cap, bandana, ect'). He used to have it long, but shaved just above his ears around his head and he'd wear it in a pony tail. I don't know if I built the correct visual for this. What do you think is the best way to get through this awkward stage? I'm not sure what to suggest, figured it'd be best to ask the rest of you long haired men. He's particularly annoyed by the hair on his ears. The portion he's growing out is about 6 inches long, and not long enough to braid, or pull back. Are a cap and bandana the only ways to deal with this?

Belisarius
June 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I did a half-up, I believe it is called or just getting the hairs from the top half of my head. And I just waited for it to grow. I don't like stuff on my head.

jennydaesy
June 27th, 2011, 04:37 AM
my hubby uses bobby pins at times.. he can try that

IanB
June 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. The awkward stage can last for some time, particularly of the last cut was layered, then you find some hair growing over the collar, while others go down in between you collar and your neck. Just be patient, the end result is worth the wait. :)

david
June 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Well I used bobby pins and thin hairbands (alicebands) to get through the dreaded awkward stages. Then once my hair was long enough I would put the top section in a ponytail so as it looked like a half up half down style. I didn't know how to French Plait at that point otherwise I would've done that too.