PDA

View Full Version : Post-partum slow growth?

Arianwen
June 25th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hello,

My hair is growing slow now - post-partum 4 months, 1 week, 3 days. Only .005" for a month.

Is it due to post-partum hormones...? I'm also shedding a lot, too.

elbow chic
June 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
totally normal to shed a lot postpartum.

As to the slow length growth, it's possible that you just held the tape measure funny or something? I say put it up, forget it, enjoy your new baby and by the time you've started sleeping thorough the night again you might be surprised how long it has gotten! :D

Arianwen
June 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM
We took several measurements, to be sure...the longest bits are at 31.8". I thought I'd be at 32" by now.

torrilin
June 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Your body is coping with a ton of new stuff. I doubt there's anything to worry about. If your hair still hasn't grown when the little one thinks it's awesome to yank on... then maybe worry.

The shed is totally normal, because pregnancy tends to inhibit shedding.

veronicaM
January 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
my hair's growth stalled after I had the baby but then I got a haircut following the lunar calendar from the same company that makes my shampoo and now my hair is growing again! I am actually growing some funny new little hairs also. Do not worry though as hormones take a toll on the baby and although not pregnant you are still going through a lot of changes.

honeydippedxo
January 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM
They say it takes about a year for your body to get back to normal after child birth. Not just your weight back to normal but your entire body. I'm not saying your entire body is messed up or something, but what ever is "out of balance" will balance itself out eventually so no worries.

It's been 11 months post partum for me and my body is still messed up. My skin is different, my hair and my eating habits all changed. My hormones are all over the place. I look way different in every way IMHO. It's gets better and better as time goes on. I'm starting to feel like my true self again after having my daughter but I'm not 100% there yet. Don't worry about it, in time your body will adjust. Congratulations on your little one C:.

veronicaM
February 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
I am going through the same stuff. I had a lot of hair growth during pregnancy, then lost a lot after I gave birth. However now, (baby is 9 Months old) I am growing new hair! As in like visibly growing new hairs. it could be too that my husband introduced me to a line of vegan oils and shampoos...clean stuff that is good for mommy and baby.