PDA

View Full Version : 1st split hairs (pic)

galen
June 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Well, it's hot (115°F) with low humidity (< 20%) and I noticed more 6-inch shed hairs than before. I used a 5x loupe to examine the hairs and found only these two splits.

http://members.cox.net/amwestg/split-hairs.jpg

It is not possible to see this with the naked eye, only under magnification. This picture was taken with a Canon A630 using the macro focus setting.

Nothing to worry about as I found no other splits.

SHELIAANN1969
June 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
It looks like a wintry forest, an iceberg with 2 lone solitary leaf-less trees!! I love it!

FrannyG
June 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Well I'd say your doing pretty well there with just the two splits in that kind of weather! :)

daydreamer
June 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, good for you!! I wish I could say I only had two. ;)

yogachic
June 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, good for you!! I wish I could say I only had two. ;)

Ditto.

That's cool. I never knew a camera could do that.

spidermom
June 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
I can find 2 splits right away whenever I look at my ends ... anywhere ... anytime, and they look worse than that. Off to shave my head ..................... not.

Carina
June 22nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
I have found worse splits than yours in my hair a long time ago.They don't show up as much as they used to.I use oil as a leave-in and deep condition twice a week.If I dont do that I recive a one way ticket to split end hell:mad::p

mamachanse
June 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Those are incredible pictures!

You must share your care routine. I am in the Phoenix area as well and have similar hair. I'd love to know how you keep your hair healthy with the heat, sun, and hard water here.

Saranne772
June 23rd, 2008, 04:43 AM
You are doing amazingly to only have those for splits!! I can find them anytime and cutting them off doesnt help much really. Too many and they are on the tapered hairs! Arghhh!!

nissamholtz
June 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
With that heat, you're not doing to badly

galen
June 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
SHELIAANN1969, The hairs have no melanin at all, the whiteness is an optical effect due to how they reflect the light.

FrannyG, daydreamer, yogachic, spidermom, Carina, mamachanse, Saranne772; Thanks...My hair is still fairly new only 11 months since my last trim. The damage looks like physical damage (a snag, hair caught in strap or glasses, last trim??). Not sure how my hair will "age" or weather in a dry environment.

I use Kirkland (Costco) Hydrating shampoo & conditioner The shampoo contains Wheat Germ oil, the conditioner has jojoba protein. The shampoo is not harsh. I found that I need to shampoo everyday as my hair gets matted (oily) quickly from workouts & running many miles.

I finger comb and only use a resin wide tooth comb on wet hair. Yes, I still blowdry.

Thanks again. for the replys.

tiny_teesha
June 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Well i have seen MUCH worse, you are so lucky! :)