PDA

View Full Version : Shamelessly promoting stylists who respect long hair

whitestiletto
June 25th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Is this ok to do? I read so many stories about, and personally experienced, a stylist whacking off over a yr's worth of length...I wish I wish I wish I had been able to go to my old stylist who helped me trim into the shape I wanted without sacrificing any more length than needed! Also someone once mentioned a long-hair salon in Michigan or something?

Maybe we should collect them here so people can search the thread by location.

I wouldn't let anyone anymore cut my hair except Ashley, who moved to New York City and now works at Truman's Gentlemen's Groomers (http://www.trumans-nyc.com/). I'm sure she still cuts girl hair despite the name, maybe if you ask her about it. Haha from their website it looks pretty manly. Now I feel ironic for posting this.

I was considering actually flying to NYC to have her trim it.

AnnaJamila
June 25th, 2011, 12:16 AM
That is a really good idea! Although I must say, I love trimming my own hair. It used to send me into a panic to get it cut!

No touchy! Lol!

whitestiletto
June 25th, 2011, 12:31 AM
That is a really good idea! Although I must say, I love trimming my own hair. It used to send me into a panic to get it cut!

No touchy! Lol!

Yeah I'm extremely traumatized by my last salon visit... I had the urge to start a salon-bashing thread but I figured I'd go the positive route instead :whistle: just be careful getting your hair cut in north carolina is all I have to say!

I don't think we should all be terrified of hair salons! Something is wrong with the balance! Let's encourage salons to be GOOD to long hair by supporting those who are.

Aveyronnaise
June 25th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I <3 my hairdresser a lot ! But I don't think there are any other LHCers in my very small french town. There are good ones out there you guys don't let the awful ones get you down !

Gabriel
June 25th, 2011, 06:19 AM
In the "Useful Links - All you need to know!" sticky there's a thread, List of Long Hair Friendly Salons, Including George Michael (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326). You should probably add your salon/stylist suggestions there so they can be added to the list and not get lost.

darkrose
June 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
errrr, i used to love going to the salon... but then my hairdresser changed and when i would say only cut half an inch off, she'd cut 2 inches. and she would use so much heat my scalp hurt, so i cut my hair myself. my old hairdress was awesome though!:) when my hair started to fall out she would style it to cover the damaged parts. a thread of hair friendly salons would be nice.:)