PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

wahmof9
June 23rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
I am in the no trim 2011 challenge...6 months so far and I like it. However, I have tiny split end starting to form at the end of my hair which is also quite fine. Do I micro trim or do i wait and chop of a few inches in Dec?

spidermom
June 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'd microtrim. On me, teeny-tiny splits become long and deep split ends.

pepperminttea
June 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
How widespread is it? I'd have a long S&D session in front of a movie you've already watched, or listening to an audiobook. :) It can be quite relaxing. If the splits seem literally on nearly every hair though, a microtrim would make for a more even-looking finish.

Carolyn
June 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
If it was my hair, I'd do S & D. See if you can wait to trim. You may not need to cut off inches in December.

wahmof9
June 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
It was at the tip and my hair is fine as it is...so I just trimmed about about 1/4 inch...feels better..

BrightEyes7
June 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
I agree with Pepperminttea. If it's a few random hairs just go for an S&D session. If it's most of your hairs do a micro trim. You can save so many inches simply by doing more frequent micro trims rather than a huge chop.

Roscata
June 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
If you have a few split ends consider doing S&D, if all the ends of your hair seem to be splitting definitely do a dusting, the damage will travel up the hair shaft.

Good luck! :D

ETA: Lol everyone beat me to it. So basically I agree with what the other posters have said. :D