PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of this bun?

mwedzi
June 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
Can someone tell me what the name of this bun is?
Let me rephrase:

You divide your hair into 2 sections. One section is the great majority of your hair. The other is about 1/10 of your hair. That smaller section is best done on the side of your head. You take the larger section and gather it into a ponytail. Then you tuck the ends of the ponytail under so you have a folder over ponytail. Then you use the smaller section you left out to wrap around the base of the folded ponytail, so that that smaller section is essentially acting like a ponytail holder. You tuck the end of the smaller section under the base of the smaller section to secure it, thus effectively tying your hair, with your hair.

Thanks.

spidermom
June 23rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know what that should be called, but wow - what a thick head of hair you have! Little suggestion - next time put more light on your hair. This video is so dark that I could see no detail.

CrystalStar
June 23rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
I think it might be called the lazy wrap bun! I'm not 100% sure though. :o

mwedzi
June 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I don't know what that should be called, but wow - what a thick head of hair you have! Little suggestion - next time put more light on your hair. This video is so dark that I could see no detail.

Thanks. I would, but there's no other light to put on it in my room.

I think it might be called the lazy wrap bun! I'm not 100% sure though. :o

Thanks, but definitely not the lazy wrap bun. :D You don't divide the hair into two sections for that.

McFearless
June 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Your accent almost sounds Ugandan. Very cute bun too.

BlazingHeart
June 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hmm, it seems to require more texture than my hair has. My 2a hair brushes out to slow body waves (like, 2-4 waves from crown to tips) and I can't make this bun stay. Oh well. Maybe when my hair is longer and I can get the wrap hair to go around twice...

It's a cute style, though! Looks good on you.

~Blaze

Arya
June 23rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
folded ponytail bun? I do something similar by making a ponytail, then only pulling it halfway through the hair tie, then wrapping the ends around the ponytail and tucking them under the hair tie.

spidermom
June 23rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
It wouldn't stay for me either.

Fairlight63
June 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
I couldn't see the video - it said it is "private"

Scarlet_Heart
June 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM

same

[reqiured characters]

frizzinator
June 23rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
I can't see the video, but based on your instructions, I'd say it's a Chignon.

Slinks
June 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM

Same for me too

mwedzi
June 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Your accent almost sounds Ugandan. Very cute bun too.

Really? That's interesting. I am African American. What made you think Ugandan? Lots of people guess Zimbabwean because of the user name. Is that where you're from?

Sorry. Someone commented that it was dark and they were right. I'll redo it when I have access to more light, which should be in about a month or so. :) My room is dark.

Helix
June 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry. Someone commented that it was dark and they were right. I'll redo it when I have access to more light, which should be in about a month or so. :) My room is dark.

I noticed you are getting a lot of light from the left side of the screen (I'm guessing a window). If you face the light source/window your hair will show up better.

Alternatively, you could place a desk lamp next to the camera and this should remedy the problem as well.

Now about that bun: From what I saw, it looks really elegant. It looks like you are cocooning the hair with those front sections...so maybe you could call it ..."The cocoon bun?" (Once it's complete it's as beautiful as a butterfly :))...or "The swaddle bun"...or "the folding-fan bun?" (the way you fan the sections over the hair remind me of a folding fan)

I give up. I'm terrible at this naming game, but I wanted to play anyway. Either way it's beautiful and I'm going to have to try this out some day.