PDA

View Full Version : Cool hairstyle I haven't seen before

julliams
June 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Anyone seen this before? Not sure exactly how it's done but I'm sure I could work it out with a bit of practice. I wonder if it would cause tangles taking it out???

http://www.matrix.com/find_your_hair_style/long_hairstyles/Braided_Elegance.aspx

missoj
June 23rd, 2011, 05:55 AM
It tooks like you'll need to use quite a bit of products to do, but its really nice don't think I'll be able to do it though :(

Melanie Marie
June 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
I think it's gorgeous, but I know my hair would never cooperate enough to do that without gallons of product. Plus, my hair is dark enough that you wouldn't really be able to appreciate the intricacy of the hairdo. :( I think it would be great for people with lighter hair colors.

October
June 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
It is pretty. But, I agree - it looks like it takes a lot of hair product to hold.

pepperminttea
June 23rd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Ooh, that is pretty. Agreed, it would need product (or maybe just hair that's ready for a wash?), but it'd be a lovely twisty accent to a cinnabun.

littlenvy
June 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Very classy. :) But like you said, it will take a lot to hold that. + her hair looks to be no more than APL.

Arc691 has a similar do but fully braided so doesn't require anything else to hold it. That little braid is amazing. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=70930

Madora
June 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks, julliams, for that very intriguing style!! I've never seen anything like that.

It looks like you could modify the back portion by doing a bun, instead of using all that product. And it would definitely be more eye catching on blond or red hair. Still, it is fascinating.

spidermom
June 23rd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Nice! I like it.

Alaia
June 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I think it looks really elegant, but it's probably very hard to do (and, indeed, requiring a lot of product).

I wouldn't be able to figure out how to do it either. I'm updo-challenged.

lacefrost
June 23rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
I think you could do it without a lot of product, as long as you wet-set it. If you set your hair in rollers or in pin curls, once it dried, you could brush the front and put your hair into a low ponytail. Then take a lock of hair from your temple and divide it into two strands. The top strand stays straight and you take the bottom, loop it over and under the top strand. Then you'd pin it around your ponytail. The curls that you have hanging in your ponytail you could pin however you want to create that cool curled bun.

The basic hairstyle (smooth volumed top and curled bun) seems to be 1940s and 1950s based. I'm sure that if you looked, you could find tutorials on how to do those kinds of styles. And I think as long as your hair was detangled before you set it, and you didn't mess with it too much, you'd be able to take it down without too many tangles.

ETA: This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72109&highlight=vintage+hairstyle) links to places that show you how to do those kinds of 1940s and 1950s styles

BrightEyes7
June 23rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
I've done something similar by just putting little knots (not pulled tight) down the length of a small strand. It works out pretty nicely.

The only thing that looks like it'd require a lot of product is the bun, but I'm sure you can modify it so you wouldn't need any.

PianoPlaye
June 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Oddly, my first thought was that it would look stunning in grey & silver & white. :thud:(in a good way)
Only when I came back here did I realise that of course it's all held together with glue *and* we can only see one side. And that, of course, this is the place to figure out how to without the cyanoacrylate! :applause

pinknika
June 23rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
oh thats kinda cool looks like some loop braid or something. It seems like you would have to also curl the ends and pin it up kinda chignon style or something.