PDA

View Full Version : Help: Fenugreek Hair Mask

QueenJoey
June 22nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
I bought a bag of dried fenugreek seeds a few weeks ago because I heard it's really good for hair growth. I put a teaspoon of then in a cup of hot water and let it steep for 4 hours. I've done this 3 times, and all the seeds I've been saving are in a little Ziploc container. I kept forgetting to use them before my showers, but now I'm worried that they may have gone bad. They look the same, but I think they may have changed in color. Can fenugreek seeds go bad? I don't want to put something rancid on my head.

Also, do you have to put them on clean hair? Or can I put it on right before my shower? Also, do you put them on dry or damp hair? I've looked around the internet, but haven't found any of those specifics. All I know is that you can put them on your hair...great, but that doesn't really help me anymore. Can anyone else help me?:confused:

Tapioca
June 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I used to add fenugreek to my henna mix to make it easier to apply. If the seeds are dry, I wouldn't worry about them going bad. I would put it on freshly washed and damp hair.

gogirlanime
June 24th, 2011, 11:48 PM
They'll go bad after about a year, so don't worry about that so much. This is interesting. I'm guessing this works because when you eat it, it lubricate your intestines and it helps your body use hormones better and increases your estrogen = estrogen = hair growth, more moisture to your hair, and that means blocked dihydrotestosterone which is a testosterone that causes baldness so that = thicker hair.