PDA

View Full Version : after 2 years..

bella77
June 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
I cut my bangs again. I like them, but miss being able to just pull it all back. So in a way I wish I didn't cut, oh well, time to grow again.

lorelai2012
June 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
I have this exact feeling every time I decide to get bangs.

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I cut mine back in in April and have no regrets. I will probably bounce between blunt and side fringe to stop me getting bored but will never go for the very long ones again.

bella77
June 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Jojo- you do look cute with bangs, as do I- at least I was told I do! I just miss the ease of not having them, but I just cannot decide if I want them or not, so frustrating!!!

Ishje
June 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
I was thinking this week about having my bangs cut back again, but I think I would not like it either when I can't put pull it all back.
thanks for convincing me. ;)

Slinks
June 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
I cut mine back in in April and have no regrets. I will probably bounce between blunt and side fringe to stop me getting bored but will never go for the very long ones again.

Yeah, me too I love bangs :-)

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Jojo- you do look cute with bangs, as do I- at least I was told I do! I just miss the ease of not having them, but I just cannot decide if I want them or not, so frustrating!!!
thank you.
Mine took a bit of effort at first, they got greasy and needed washing everyday, now its like they have adjusted and can go 2 days. Mine are already in my eyes and im going for side fringe as i am going away in September and will want them off my face, but will probably cut them back in shortly after.

I think the difference they make when my hair is up is lovely, i much prefer my face with them and if i want a change, 4 months and i got side fringe. Plus look on the other side, you will be too busy fussing over it, to bother about your length..go figure!

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, me too I love bangs :-)

gotta love em! tried the one length look, i looked liek the evil bun lady with no hair on my face:D

Slinks
June 22nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
gotta love em! tried the one length look, i looked like the evil bun lady with no hair on my face:D

lol, Jojo !! yeah, me too the cold as ice, she's not friendly look .. it's amazing what bangs can do ;-)

October
June 22nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
I bounce back and forth between bangs and no bangs. I sometimes feel like my face is too round without bangs. The bangs kind of reduce the 'beach ball head' look.

Of course, after a week of having bangs, I start hating them. :rolleyes:

ange1ito
June 22nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
I like bangs on females as I think it softens the face and also makes you look younger.
I have had bangs for ages and everytime they get near my chin I end up cutting them back in as I am so worried about looking like Morticia Adams...hehe.

Zesty
June 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I thought about growing my (side) bangs out... but I really need them. I have a funny widow's peak hairline with tiny baby hairs that never grow very long, and bangs help camouflage that. I also feel like my face needs that frame in order to not look like it's... melting. XD I do not have very defined features. The greasiness factor is somewhat annoying, but when it gets really bad I use a bandanna or bobby pins. :)

elbow chic
June 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
I go through about three year bang cycles. Been doing it ever since middle school. Grow them out, cut them in, grow them out, cut them in...

Right now I'm growing them out, because they're too fussy compared to the length. More washing, more combing and trimming and such. And I want to see how it feels to have really long hair with no bangs.

But I'm sure in another four years or so I'll come across a picture of myself with bangs and say, "Bangs are so CUTE on me, why did I ever grow them out?" and get them cut back in. :p

elbow chic
June 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
I bounce back and forth between bangs and no bangs. I sometimes feel like my face is too round without bangs. The bangs kind of reduce the 'beach ball head' look.

yeah, that's part of why I've gravitated toward bangs, too. Lately my face has thinned out (I'm almost 30 now) which helps.

BlazingHeart
June 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
My mother cut my hair with bangs until I was 9 or so, and I loathed them because they were always a bit uneven and they'd get long and in my eyes and...bleh. I suppose you could say I've had bangs when my hair was all super-short, but that's the closest I've come ever since then. I feel like they make my face a bit too round, so I prefer to have my hair parted all the way to the front hairline and keep the front sideswept to the right.

Hopefully you will enjoy your bangs!

~Blaze

bella77
June 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
I do feel like a "mean" lady with all my hair pulled back. They do soften my look to have some hair around my face.

jojo
June 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
There you then and if you want the look of a mean bun lady just pouf them up! us fringette and bangettes have the best of both worlds!