PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial - Midsummer Bun - Celtic Knot variation.

Hypnotica
June 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
I finally got some inspiration so I could do another movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXB-qvdC4nI

Anyway - enjoy and I hope someone find it useful! :D

Alaia
June 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
That's very nice. Sort of a messy bun but looks lovely too :D

Going to try it tomorrow for work.

Sookie
June 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Beautiful! I liked all your tutorials so i subscribed to your channel :)
Btw nice piercings hahaha..i love them and have many too :D

FluffSpider
June 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Woah. That just became my favourite bun:d
Will it work for WL hair? I just came from an aerobics class and I'm too tired to try:(
P.S. Cool song-who plays it?

kouran
June 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Thank you for the tutorial! The hair sticks are so pretty!:)

Hypnotica
June 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Woah. That just became my favourite bun:d
Will it work for WL hair? I just came from an aerobics class and I'm too tired to try:(
P.S. Cool song-who plays it?

Should be possible - you can adjust the tail lenght by how big you do the bottom loop.

The song is Fever Ray - Dry and Dusty.

carmenvanessa
June 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Fever Ray- Dry and Dusty
One of my favorite bands:rockerdud

Awesome hair knot!

Hypnotica
June 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Fever Ray- Dry and Dusty
One of my favorite bands:rockerdud

Awesome hair knot!

I assume that you are familiar with The Knife? :)

Firefly
June 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I really enjoy your videos-- thank you!

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Love it but think I need to be at least hip length to try

schweedie
June 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Oh, that's lovely! I think my hair might be too short for it still, but I'm definitely going to see if I can make it work before Midsummer celebrations on Friday. :D

Eolan
June 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yay! I really enjouy your videos. My hair is still to short for this one, I think.

You have excellent taste in music! :)

Lippytoes
June 22nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Pretty! I think my hair is still too short as well, but could give it a go. :) I love your tutorial vids by the way - super helpful!

Red_Wednesday
June 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Very cute! Can't wait until my hair is long so I can try some of these styles:p.

CaityBear
June 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Very cute! I'll have to do this. I do something like this but I don't leave the tail hanging but that looks nice with the tail hanging. It's something new to do. :)

Hypnotica
June 22nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Very cute! I'll have to do this. I do something like this but I don't leave the tail hanging but that looks nice with the tail hanging. It's something new to do. :)

I think if you use plain hairsticks and then decorate the whole thing with little sparkly stuff, it can be fitting for even a formal event.

Need to try that if I can find a formal event, that is...

Alaia
June 23rd, 2011, 03:11 AM
Hah I did this today and I don't have a tail leftover. :lol:

jennydaesy
June 23rd, 2011, 03:48 AM
ooo its a very pretty style.. great video..

newbeginning
June 23rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Very nice. I'll have to try it.

Olga-Freya
June 23rd, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'll have to try it right now! I absolutely love your channel, this tutorial and music from it.

Alvrodul
June 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
It is gorgeous - but not a bun I am able to do yet. I am just barely able to get my hair into a celtic knot bun, but when I dare to wear my hair in that bun, half the time it falls apart because the "tail" of hair is almost nonexistent. But I tried to do two Celtic Knots buns today, and that worked fine, though the placement was rather lopsided - and I got two fairly long tails to work with! :)

Nessie_
June 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
That's a nice bun and I loved the hairsticks as well! I'm definitely going to try it out!

Hypnotica
June 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Hah I did this today and I don't have a tail leftover. :lol:

Well, that is fine too. It is a quite stable bun.

Alaia
June 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Well, that is fine too. It is a quite stable bun.

You're right. I left it in anyways and it stayed a lot more than most buns do in my hair 2 days after washing. :D So, thanks! :D

BrightEyes7
June 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Love it but think I need to be at least hip length to try

No my dear, we have similar hair length and thickness. This bun is do-able! We just don't have as long of tendrils as Hypno does.

It is gorgeous - but not a bun I am able to do yet. I am just barely able to get my hair into a celtic knot bun, but when I dare to wear my hair in that bun, half the time it falls apart because the "tail" of hair is almost nonexistent. But I tried to do two Celtic Knots buns today, and that worked fine, though the placement was rather lopsided - and I got two fairly long tails to work with! :)

I find that intersting. I was able to do a celtic well at waist, and my hair is thicker. :shrug:

So I just tried this bun (I'm at work so I had to use a pencil, I didn't have a hairstick with me). It looks nice and it is very stable and comfy!! I have little spiky bits rather than tendrils, but it still looks really pretty. I did mine rather tight though. The first loop I left just enough room for my fingers to grab the second loop.

Thanks Hypno!! :flower:

Paranda Belle
June 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Nice, simple stable bun. Now I just need some more hairsticks!

Alvrodul
June 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
I find that intersting. I was able to do a celtic well at waist, and my hair is thicker. :shrug:

So I just tried this bun (I'm at work so I had to use a pencil, I didn't have a hairstick with me). It looks nice and it is very stable and comfy!! I have little spiky bits rather than tendrils, but it still looks really pretty. I did mine rather tight though. The first loop I left just enough room for my fingers to grab the second loop.

Thanks Hypno!! :flower:

My hair is super slippery, so I really need a bit of a tail for this bun to be sure it stays put. It will usually be fine, but I have had it fall apart on me.

Cowgirl16
June 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
I watched this yesturday! I can't wait until I am able to try it. (huge shed=no playing with hair) :(

pepperminttea
June 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Ooh, that would look amazing with curled ends - I'll have to give it a go, thanks! :D

BrightEyes7: Don't forget height plays a part too. :) What's waist on me, at 5'10", is a bit more hair than what's waist on someone who's 5'2", and that's before you get into differing body proportions of high waists vs. low waists, etc.

islandboo
June 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
I wore this at work today and it held wonderfully all day despite things being really hectic :-). I had only a tiny bit of tail sticking out though - I think it will be more fun when I have a bit more length to toss about.

BrightEyes7
June 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ok... So I tried this again last night and discovered a little trick that gave me a longer tail.

I still make the first loop as small as possible, but when I get the second loop started, instead of just pulling for the middle I tighten the first loop by pulling the strand in the second loop that is not the free end. It tightens the first loop while making second loop bigger. Then I put the hairstick in and I have a bit of a tail. It's a very tight and secure bun but it has the tail so it still looks feminine, not harsh.

lapushka
June 24th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Have to remember this one for when my hair's long enough! I'm almost HL. Damn, I need more hair. :D With a simple knot bun, I have tendrils like that, just no room for the second loop yet (if I wants spikes sticking out maybe). :lol:

Calaelen
June 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'll be wearing that today!! Thanks! Also, since you have awesome taste in music, and seem to have tons of stuff I don't know, could you post the song info in the link from now on? For example, what song did you use for the video Gibralter Bun??

Thanks!!! I've finally subscribed..been meaning to.

jennydaesy
June 25th, 2011, 03:41 AM
this is a nice one

Hypnotica
June 25th, 2011, 05:21 AM
I'll be wearing that today!! Thanks! Also, since you have awesome taste in music, and seem to have tons of stuff I don't know, could you post the song info in the link from now on? For example, what song did you use for the video Gibralter Bun??

Thanks!!! I've finally subscribed..been meaning to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYiDG1qfwY

I usually forgets that as the music is not that important.....I slap it on because I do not talk in my videos so I thought it would be boring to watch a mute video.