PDA

View Full Version : Braid over braid updo

Phalaenopsis
June 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
I've made an article about it, but I don't know if it will be approved or not. So, I thought I'd share it already in a little summary :)

You will need two little elastics and two sticks or scroos.
Make two braids at the back of your head. Now you have to fold a braid and put the tassle under it, then pin it with a stick.Do the same with the other braid. And there you go! A nice and easy updo for shoulderlength hair.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/IMG_0603.jpg

You can also variate the updo by first making two french braids or making rope braids, boxbraids...

For longer hair, you don't have to make your braids all the way. Just enough to fold. But now before you pin your braids, you already have to fold them to get the tassles under your braids and then pin them. Then you have a kind of spanish updo. Can be really pretty if decorated with a flower or comb :)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/06_22_0.jpg

Delenn
June 22nd, 2008, 07:07 AM
Where were you when my hair was that length?!?! =p

Love it!!

Poetic
June 22nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Very pretty.:)

eadwine
June 22nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Looking very good! I have tried this but in my hair this won't stay put unfortunately. :(

But it looks wonderful :)

FrannyG
June 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
This is a very pretty and very easy style. Thank you for posting it. :flowers:

DavidN
June 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
This is the most beautiful style in your hair, Phalaenopsis, and thank you for sharing!

Gladtobemom
June 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Very pretty.

I have a little too much hair, I just rolled up the first braid a little more. Then I put the second one above it.

Feels solid, but not as pretty as yours. Shoot!

hurricane_gia
June 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'm so bad at translating written instructions into a physical movement . . . can you take a slide show or make a video that shows the step-by-step?

It looks very pretty! I'm guessing that with longer hair it would still be pretty, just have more loose hair hanging down.

zanne
June 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Oh how pretty!I've just determined I need to learn new updos, and so yours will be my first experiment:)

Phalaenopsis
June 23rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
I'm so bad at translating written instructions into a physical movement . . . can you take a slide show or make a video that shows the step-by-step?

It looks very pretty! I'm guessing that with longer hair it would still be pretty, just have more loose hair hanging down.

I have some step by step photos in the article I submitted. ;)
But maybe I could also put them here.

Phalaenopsis
June 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
I just saw that my article is approved, so there you can see the pictures :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=63

Put there's a little mistake, I doubleposted two pictures.:o

Loreyanne_H
June 23rd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Thank for sharing, I love this style!

MemSahib
June 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
It's very pretty, Phalaenopsis. Now I am wondering if I could do some variation of this with my classic hair. Hmmmm...

Phalaenopsis
June 23rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Maybe if you put the "spanish version" pretty high up your head. I think that would be gorgeous with a beautiful long ponytail coming out.:)

bex487
June 23rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Now that I saw the "diagonal" picture it makes so much more sense. I can't wait to go home and experiment!

hairymonster
June 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Oooh, very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

AutumnLeaves
June 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
What a cute style and cuter hairsticks!

Fencai
June 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
i like this one too! (not to mention your hair sticks!)

I think my hair is long enough to try it out too!

woot! something to do for tomorrow!

honeybunch
June 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Very nice!