PDA

View Full Version : How to put photos right in a post?

Lilli
June 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I've been here for 2 years, have 300+ posts... how do I put my photos right into my posts (rather than saying "Check out my album")? When I click on the image icon, it says "Enter URL," so I paste in the URL of the photo here on LHC in my album, and it doesn't work.

Lilli
June 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3627&pictureid=104670

Oh wait, I think I figured it out.

KatiSasha
June 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Do share how, I have the same problem :)

Lilli
June 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Bear wyth me - ceyboard brocen.

Go to photo yn album. Ryght-clyc on photo and choose "copy ymage locatyon." Go to post. Clyc on mountayn button. Paste ynto there. Ymage should appear yn post now.

PinkyCat
June 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM

Go to photo yn album. Ryght-clyc on photo and choose "copy ymage locatyon." Go to post. Clyc on mountayn button. Paste ynto there. Ymage should appear yn post now.

I'm sad for you that your keyboard is broken - but this made me smile :)

Madora
June 22nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
You need to have a photo sharing program..like Photobucket..which is free.

You upload your photos to your Photobucket account, then press on the "Share" button, go up to where it says "Get Link Code", then click your mouse on the indicated line and pick the "Select All" option.Go up to the EDIT area on your menu bar, click it, then scroll down to COPY and click on it.

Then exit the photobucket account and return to the Mane Forum and the post you are replying to. Or start a new thread if you wish.

When replying to a post, hit the reply button, the reply box apears, then place your cursor just inside the left hand margin. Go up to EDIT on the Menu Bar, click it, scroll down and click on PASTE.

The photo data for your photo appears. It looks something like this: [data/blah/blah image/data/blahimage]

Be SURE both the left hand bracket and the right hand bracket appear, otherwise your picture will not show.

Also, you can "test" and see if your pic appears by using the Preview Post post thingie at the bottom of the reply area.

When everything is fine, then press the Submit reply button.

You can also do a "test" run in a special area designated for that purpose.."Site Help" I think it's called. Scroll down and see the thread for the place to practice posting pictures in threads.

I'm using Windows XP on a HP. Also, be sure your picture is not too large. Photobucket will resize images..but better to do it yourself before sending it to Photobucket.

Slinks
June 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I'm sad for you that your keyboard is broken - but this made me smile :)

yeah I lol-ed too :-) too funny .. I have a problem with my capitals sometimes I comes as i and I always check and redo .. but a broken keybaord it hard to go back on :-) you did well Lilli ..:cheese:

Dark Queen
June 22nd, 2011, 08:48 PM

Nice! Thanks. Sorry to hear about your keyboard though :)

Lilli
June 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
We have two computers - a Mac and a PC - the Mac keyboard is broken (no I, K or comma) and I love the slim, low profile Mac keyboards b/c they are so comfortable to type on, but the Mac store is 30 minutes away in the wrong direction, so I never get out to buy one. Dh always takes the PC in the mornings!