PDA

View Full Version : negative comment re;-fine hair

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 07:46 AM
OK I have very fine hair as in the individual strands. If I roll a hair between my fingers I can not feel it, it takes about 10 hairs rolled for me to faintly feel it. My overall thickness is 4.3" so pretty thickish. Id guestimate 60% of my hair is very fine and the rest medium.

Today I was talking to a friend of mine who commented on how my hair felt like a childs hair and that I was setting myself up for disappointment if I was hoping to grow it any longer. My hair is a tad past waist and I really want classic length which I told her i wanted classic length (didnt use the term classic just pointed). Apparently according to her fine hair is too weak to support it self and will just break.

I have been in the "just past" waist phase for ages and although I have seen many fine hairs grow very long, I am now wondering if this is correct for me. I just cannot see myself getting past waist and to even hip length, let alone classic.

I trim every 3 months of so depending on the ends, sometimes sooner. Maybe my hair is resting, though I am seeing loads of new growth just not in the length.

Is there anybody with my hair type who thought they would never get to goal but did? Guess I am feeling a little down about my hair and need some reassurance.

Is there any truth in what my friend said?

spidermom
June 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
Not strictly fine-haired, but wanted to share that around BSL I had doubts, very strong doubts. I thought the bottom was thinning out much too fast to ever get to classic length.

I was wrong. Grow on!

Alvrodul
June 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I don't think so - another finie here! I am right now at BCL, about 1 inch shy of true tailbone. I would have been past tailbone right now if I had not decided on a period of monthly trimming in order to get rid of old damage on the ends. When I have decided the damage is gone, I will forge ahead, and I foresee no trouble in reaching classic.
As long as you are kind to your hair, I don't think you would have any problems reaching classic as well! :)

bunzfan
June 22nd, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure there are some member's here with very fine hair with classic length hair, i could be wrong though maybe a few will reply.

Lilli
June 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Sour grapes, maybe? :rolleyes:

BroadwayBeauty
June 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I have fine hair, and about 10 years ago I had hip-length hair (I didn't want longer at the time, so I had to have it trimmed almost monthly) so it can be done.

Interestingly, though, I get the same type of comment all the time, especially from family members. Right now I'm APL but hoping to grow at least to BSL, if not waist. Personally, I don't buy their comments, but I know how awful it can feel.

Best of luck!!

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Not strictly fine-haired, but wanted to share that around BSL I had doubts, very strong doubts. I thought the bottom was thinning out much too fast to ever get to classic length.

I was wrong. Grow on! Thanks spidey, you hair is very similar to mine, that reassures me.

I don't think so - another finie here! I am right now at BCL, about 1 inch shy of true tailbone. I would have been past tailbone right now if I had not decided on a period of monthly trimming in order to get rid of old damage on the ends. When I have decided the damage is gone, I will forge ahead, and I foresee no trouble in reaching classic.
As long as you are kind to your hair, I don't think you would have any problems reaching classic as well! :) I hope not and thank you

I'm pretty sure there are some member's here with very fine hair with classic length hair, i could be wrong though maybe a few will reply. yeah there are quite a few, just me being paranoid.

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Sour grapes, maybe? :rolleyes:
maybe you have a point!

I have fine hair, and about 10 years ago I had hip-length hair (I didn't want longer at the time, so I had to have it trimmed almost monthly) so it can be done.

Interestingly, though, I get the same type of comment all the time, especially from family members. Right now I'm APL but hoping to grow at least to BSL, if not waist. Personally, I don't buy their comments, but I know how awful it can feel.

Best of luck!!

thanks and welcome to lhc, some people just like peeing on others bonfire!

spidermom
June 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
P.S: I think Lady Godiva has fine hair, and it's ankle length.

Of course it could be medium; it's been a couple of years since I've seen her.

KatiSasha
June 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Just a little food for thought - how long is your friend's hair and what condition is it in? Many people that know only the "salon" way of styling would be correct in saying that you couldn't grow your hair to classic, but the way you treat your hair is way different from the vast majority.

sedonia
June 22nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have fine hair, and I have found that my hair develops splits and white dots very easily. I don't use any curling irons or straighteners at all. I use a warm blow dryer on the low setting sometimes when I need my hair to dry in a hurry, and I do wear my hair down most of the time, but other than that I don't do alot of damaging things to my hair.

However, if your hair isn't breaking and splitting, then I don't see any reason why you can't keep growing it.

lapushka
June 22nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Apparently according to her fine hair is too weak to support it self and will just break.

Well that's just nonsense.

I have been in the "just past" waist phase for ages and although I have seen many fine hairs grow very long, I am now wondering if this is correct for me. I just cannot see myself getting past waist and to even hip length, let alone classic.

I trim every 3 months of so depending on the ends, sometimes sooner. Maybe my hair is resting, though I am seeing loads of new growth just not in the length.

Is there anybody with my hair type who thought they would never get to goal but did? Guess I am feeling a little down about my hair and need some reassurance.

I have your hairtype and I'm currently between waist & hip length. Yes, it seems to take forever. My hair gets trimmed 1 to 4 times a year. I had classic length as a young teen. So yes, it's totally possible. Just don't despair and start believing your friend (with possibly disastrous results and a shorter haircut). There are times when your hair appears to have a stall. It happens. All you can do is wait & see & keep trimming occasionally.

Panth
June 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Just something to consider - do you wear your hair up or down most of the time? Because if you mostly wear it down, the stall could be due to mechanical damage.

I've got fine hair and got a stall like that between TB and classic - took 5 years (at least) to grow that distance and when the hair finally got there the ends were really nasty. I trimmed back to TB and started wearing my hair in updos about 95% of the time - in the approx. 9 months since then I've gone from TB to several inches past classic and am still growing, with minimal damage to my ends and minimal need to S&D (minus the bit of damage due to the snowy winter and thus dehumidified air).

Kherome
June 22nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
I'm a fine, and I've had no trouble getting to Hip length. No plans to cut or maintain anytime soon so I'm expecting classic by early 2013.
Here is my just post trim shot, and my hair is super fine:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/0608111854.jpg

littlenvy
June 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
:) Beautiful hair Kherome. Thank you for posting.

I admit, I have my doubts because my hair is damaged already and very very fine and never looked good long. But this time around I'm taking care of it WAY better and I can already see myself as growing it pass WL.
We will just have to wait and see.

MeganE
June 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
If your hair is one length, there's a formula in the articles section for estimating your terminal length. And the formula doesn't take into account the thickness of the individual hair strands. What matters most is how much your hair tapers, and how thick your hair is to begin with.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=75

Rocket22
June 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
I have super fine hair and not even close to your thickness so I sure hope it's possible.

spidermom
June 22nd, 2011, 09:39 AM
If your hair is one length, there's a formula in the articles section for estimating your terminal length. And the formula doesn't take into account the thickness of the individual hair strands. What matters most is how much your hair tapers, and how thick your hair is to begin with.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=75

I don't think how thick your hair is to begin with matters as much as how long (in years) the hair grows before it sheds out.

I saw a woman in the grocery store with a very small diameter ponytail, and her hair wisped away to nothing somewhere around her calves.

xoxophelia
June 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Maybe you are just trimming off more than you think? Since your hemline looks fine as is, maybe try to only do microtims instead of actual trims but keeping to the same schedule. If you continue that long enough to at least see that your hair is gaining length, you'll know better what is going on.

You don't look like you would be at terminal length to me. If anything I would imagine it is the trims and perhaps previous damage from bleach.

littlenvy
June 22nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think how thick your hair is to begin with matters as much as how long (in years) the hair grows before it sheds out.

I saw a woman in the grocery store with a very small diameter ponytail, and her hair wisped away to nothing somewhere around her calves.
I agree :) Well.. I have to agree since if it was depending on diameter I would not have been able to grow my hair to where it is now. LOL
I have a 7 year growth cycle and I just had THE shed last September-November, so for a lot of my hair there is still a long way to go.

MeganE
June 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM

You're right, the hair growth period is definitely the biggest factor in individual terminal length. For very rough estimation purposes though, I thought having thick hair to start with was a good indication of being able to achieve some of the longer lengths (?).

I meant to help Jojo feel better, but I would have been wrong to imply the thinnies can't get there too. But I've heard that thinnies have a harder time growing to the longer lengths because since there's less hairs from the beginning, then not as many of them can make it to their terminal length, but now I'm wondering. Does that only apply when hair is getting damaged?

If a thinnie and a thickie both have the same hair growth period and the same hairtype, and both of them take equally perfect (hypothetical) care of their hair, would they both have the same terminal length?

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Just a little food for thought - how long is your friend's hair and what condition is it in? Many people that know only the "salon" way of styling would be correct in saying that you couldn't grow your hair to classic, but the way you treat your hair is way different from the vast majority.
she has bsl and its knarley as she bleaches it.

I have fine hair, and I have found that my hair develops splits and white dots very easily. I don't use any curling irons or straighteners at all. I use a warm blow dryer on the low setting sometimes when I need my hair to dry in a hurry, and I do wear my hair down most of the time, but other than that I don't do alot of damaging things to my hair.

However, if your hair isn't breaking and splitting, then I don't see any reason why you can't keep growing it. no I have no damage I s&d weekly and hardly finding any at the moment.

Well that's just nonsense.

I have your hairtype and I'm currently between waist & hip length. Yes, it seems to take forever. My hair gets trimmed 1 to 4 times a year. I had classic length as a young teen. So yes, it's totally possible. Just don't despair and start believing your friend (with possibly disastrous results and a shorter haircut). There are times when your hair appears to have a stall. It happens. All you can do is wait & see & keep trimming occasionally. I agree, sounds like my hair. I have to trim or rather dust regualry else it breaks!

Just something to consider - do you wear your hair up or down most of the time? Because if you mostly wear it down, the stall could be due to mechanical damage.

I've got fine hair and got a stall like that between TB and classic - took 5 years (at least) to grow that distance and when the hair finally got there the ends were really nasty. I trimmed back to TB and started wearing my hair in updos about 95% of the time - in the approx. 9 months since then I've gone from TB to several inches past classic and am still growing, with minimal damage to my ends and minimal need to S&D (minus the bit of damage due to the snowy winter and thus dehumidified air). My hair is up 100% of the time. I also oil the ends, my problem isn't about damage its about if my naturally fine hair is capable of getting to longer lengths. I only ever wear french braids or buns where my ends are fully hidden from external variables. My hair type no matter how gentle I am is fragile, apparently very fine hair doesn't have a cortex which is why. Wish I had causer hair:(

I'm a fine, and I've had no trouble getting to Hip length. No plans to cut or maintain anytime soon so I'm expecting classic by early 2013.
Here is my just post trim shot, and my hair is super fine:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/0608111854.jpg
your hair is beautiful

I have super fine hair and not even close to your thickness so I sure hope it's possible.
you and me both! though looking round the forum there are lots who have long fine hair, its just a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. I certainly will not be cutting it off in frustration or anything !

Maybe you are just trimming off more than you think? Since your hemline looks fine as is, maybe try to only do microtims instead of actual trims but keeping to the same schedule. If you continue that long enough to at least see that your hair is gaining length, you'll know better what is going on.

You don't look like you would be at terminal length to me. If anything I would imagine it is the trims and perhaps previous damage from bleach.
Well I trimmed an inch off in April and dust every 3-4 months. My hair grows very slow during the warmer months and then speeds up at winter time. Over all my hair is very healthy, no splits. Guess its just the way it goes with fine hair!

Anje
June 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
P.S: I think Lady Godiva has fine hair, and it's ankle length.

Of course it could be medium; it's been a couple of years since I've seen her.
I was just thinking of her too. Except the last time I heard, I think it was just past floor length, such that it didn't touch the floor if she wore heels. :)

Mine's F, maybe F/M compared to some ultra-fineys, and it's down to tailbone with few splits at the ends. The only thing that's kept me from going longer thus far is hemline thickness. But I've only got 2.5" of circumference to begin with. You've got about 1.47 in^2 of ponytail area, while I've got about 0.50 in^2. With triple the amount of hair I have, if you have the same growth characteristics, you should have some decent thickness well past classic.

MeganE
June 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
apparently very fine hair doesn't have a cortex

Wait, what? Where did you hear that? All hairs have a cortex!

oktobergoud
June 22nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
No help here, but I have very fine hair as well and I do have to say that my hair is weaker than others. I used to bleach my hair often and it was damaged SO fast and soo bad! Of course, bleaching your hair always damages it, but it damaged my hair way worse than it did to others I know!

So, I'm not sure how long it can grow (I have a pixie hehe, thanks to the bleaching :P) but I do know that I have to be a bit more careful (with dyes and stuff) with my fine hair.

But your hair is already sooo long! If it has come this far, who's to say it can't grow any longer?? I think you'll be fine :)

Deborah
June 22nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Your friend is nuts. I have super-fine hair (all of it.) It feels like a toddlers', but there is lots more of it. It's right at tailbone, and I've had it longer with absolutely no problems. I don't think my hair is weaker than other peoples' hair at all. I don't notice any breakage, and there are no split ends. It's healthy, sleek and shiny. I LIKE fine hair. :)

Firefly
June 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Your hair is lovely, Jojo-- don't listen to that woman! Just keep growing and you'll make your goal; I've seen plenty of fine haired heads here with very long hair.

pinknika
June 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with a lot of people, it depends in what condition your hair is not neccessarily the thickness to it. A lot of fine hair people can grow their hair long. My hair is superfine but it is still healthy and doesn't break too easily unless its damaged.

MissManda
June 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Don't believe that person, Jojo. That is a big load of :poop:. Things like that downright confuse me at times.

Up until the age of twelve, I had hair that was somewhere around Hip or Tailbone length and your hair texture sounds very similar to my own. Like you, I've gotten some pretty darn loony comments about what others think fine hair is capable of, one of them being that once I had my hair cut short, my hair would never, ever be able to get back to that length and be healthy no matter what. :suspect: That statement didn't make much sense to me at all, since my overall health and hair weren't drastically changing and I didn't see any reason why my couldn't get back that length if it hadn't been there before. It was as if they thought that it was some kind of anomaly for getting over two feet long in the first place. But even though the evidence was right there in front of me, I still believed those statements for years and was terrified to grow my hair long again for fear of it looking "stringy" as they put it.

I think I was told my fine hair couldn't grow long and look nice because I was getting to the age where a lot of less-than-healthy hair habits start and that I'd do lots of those things with my hair. I agree with the other posters who said that fine hair has a more difficult time taking conventional styling. My fine hair certainly does and totally putters out once chemicals touch it and all it does is split, break, and crumble away so yeah, growing it longer with all that is difficult. Since that is what most of them saw on a regular basis, they saw it as something to avoid and thus discourage fine-hairs not to grow to longer lengths.

I really don't think that statements like that are as applicable when you're taking better care, benign neglect, and gentler handling into account. It allows finer hair textures to thrive and there are so many gorgeous heads of fine hair here at LHC that the evidence truly speaks for itself. Jojo, your hair looks beautiful and super-healthy, so you're obviously doing something right. I don't see any reason why your hair can't get to classic length, so go for it! :D Your hair will look just as beautiful as it is now. As for your growth stall, I think everyone gets them sometimes, so don't worry about it. It's still the beginning of summertime, so maybe you'll be getting a growth spurt soon?

I hope that was helpful. :flower:

Helix
June 22nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Wait, what? Where did you hear that? All hairs have a cortex!

Maybe she meant they don't all have medullas?

CaityBear
June 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'd say don't worry about what others say. My hair is not quite as fine as yours, but very close and my hair is currently an inch or so from classic (I make myself feel better by just saying classic haha)

Helix
June 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Jojo no disrespect to your friend but shes coming off as a bit envious.

YesitsReal
June 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
I have very fine hair, and people in my family tell me all the time that they didn't think my hair could grow this long (past BSL)! I think you'll make it to your goal just fine. :D

JadeTigress
June 22nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
I've got fine hair, and I had classic length up until about 4 years ago. Even with horrible harsh shampoos, no conditioner, box dyes, and just general bad care. About the only good things I can say that I did (though not for the sake of hair health, but simply for convenience) were rarely ever using heat on my hair and I bunned it most of the time.

I never had any problems with my length. Even as a baby when I really had fine hair, I didn't have any problems with length. So you should be able to grow yours out without too much hassle. :p

skyblue
June 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
no I don't think you have anything to worry about really, I was at waist, it seemed forever! Then one day it was past waist yay!! I think there are certain points where hair just slows down to a very slow crawl lol it happened again at hip (not as long) then at tb but I was trimming more often to thicken my ends now I'm spacing my trims to about 2 1/2 months or so and it's growing again yay!! Another thing, your hair is thick so I feel you'll have a better chance at growing supper long then I would as I have thinner hair so don't worry ok ;)

Squeak toy
June 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
My hair is very fine and I am at classic.

NotInPortland
June 22nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
My hair is fine too, before I even joined these boards I had grown my fine, relatively thin hair to a bit below waist with absolutely no effort whatsoever. I just did regular shampoo and conditioner washes, wore it down all the time and I mean all the time even to bed and used a very damaging brush. And it looked pretty okay too although the very ends were a bit dry and damaged but the rest was healthy. If I as a fellow fine hair can get to waist with no effort I'm sure you'll get much longer no problem, I don't think having fine hair is going to stop you unless you are doing a lot of damage like using heat all the time and dyeing. With a bit of care (because lets face it fine hair is a bit more frail) I'm sure you'll get to classic eventually.

Mesmerise
June 22nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I think one thing that needs to be pointed out is that not all fine hair is the SAME. There are people whose fine hair takes a lot more abuse than others without crumbling away! I'm sure there's more to the problem than just fine hair vs coarse hair (I've seen coarse hair that splits like crazy and fine hair that hardly splits at all).

But all that being said... it sounds like your friend was just being a jealous cow jojo ;). Honestly. I think it's best NOT to discuss hair goals with friends sometimes, because many WILL try to cut you down.

With 4.3" circ hair, there is NO reason why your hair won't grow to classic length, even if your ends do get a bit thinner (and most people's do... some very lucky folks get hardly any taper). Your fine hair isn't just going to collapse because it's fine! Even if your hair damages more easily than most, with the right care you will get there. You even said yourself that you find hardly any splits now, so that's a really good sign!

Slinks
June 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
WELL !!! :-) Jojo this thread was very reassuring, thanks for starting it .. my hair is finer than yours .. lol .. and boy did I agree with those about chemicals on fine hair !! I streaked my hair a couple of times in my early 20's and it just used to snap all the time even tho I used to take care of it .. I never dyed again after that but I did always keep my hair around BSL for convenience .. now I'm growing for the first time and all the horror storys come out, here on this forum, sometimes I'm too scared to read the thread due to the title, it makes me paranoid !! ;-)

vanity_acefake
June 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Jojo I think your friend is totally wrong, perhaps a tad jealous. You have beautiful, well cared for hair and I believe you will easily reach your goal and beyond.
I too have fine hair and lots of it. I think that we can achieve the lengths we desire as long as we treat our hair with love and the right knowledge, which I know you have.
:)

leslissocool
June 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Jojo maybe you are just hitting a slow phase, sometimes it takes for ever to grow and you trim quite often, so really don't listen to her nonsense.

I've seen really thin long hair, and it can be and it's gorgeous. Funny that your friend said "child like hair" because I'm around tons of kids, and young girls can grow their hair super long (I just saw a 5 year old with classic hair, and it was gorgeous). Seriously ignore it and keep on growing!

McFearless
June 22nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Haters gonna hate.

jojo
June 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
thank you all for your support, i guess we all have bad hair days!

|Xei
June 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I have very fine hair and I've been maintaining it at hip length with little problem. My mother, who has finer hair than I do, used to have very long hair as a young girl. Back then, they didn't use anything other than cheap soap to wash their hair, and she managed to have twin braids past her waist.

Also, fine hair does not mean weak hair. My mother's hair is pretty much indestructible. She shampoos the entire length twice with sulphate shampoos daily, has box-dyed it many times, and blowdries on high heat after every wash. But her hair is still very shiny, silky, strong, and overall appears to be in MUCH better condition than my own, even though my hairs are a little thicker, and my hair routine should be much less damaging.

I've also seen many children with very fine hair anywhere from waist length and onwards. So just because you have child-like hair, it doesn't mean that you cannot grow it to your target length.

Zesty
June 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I think that "you can't grow long hair because of X" is a common misconception among people who don't know about non-salon hair care methods. Most people have no idea that hair is typically able to grow quite a bit longer than they're used to seeing -- because they're used to seeing hair that is damaged or gets cut too often/too much for it to grow long. As others have already pointed out, there's no REAL reason that you can't reach your goal.

In my experience people tend to say things like that when they're jealous or just don't understand. For example, my mom was looking at how long my hair was a few months ago and said "It probably won't grow very much longer because my hair never got longer than that." Despite the fact that a) she's never just left her hair alone, and has used chemical treatments for years; and b) even with layers I have very, very little loss in thickness down the length of my hair, and it's healthy and is still growing strong. So don't listen to the haters or the people who don't get it. If your hair is healthy, it's extremely likely that you'll be able to reach classic. That's what LHC taught me. :D

virgo75
June 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I didn't read all the responses but wanted to say that nobody can predict how long your hair can grow. Period.

They also can't predict that it will break off at a specific length.

Your hair seems to be doing just fine, so I wouldn't worry about someone else's predictions.

Happy hair growing! :flower:

SilvraShadows
June 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
I have yet to see how long mine will grow... but don't be discouraged, I have seen many fine (and thin) haired ladies grow to longer lengths. At least we can try ;)

virgo75
June 22nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that my mom has baby, BABY fine hair.
It's extremely soft as well.

Her hair keeps growing to her waist and beyond against her wishes. :lol:
All she does is wash once or twice a week with the cheapest shampoo she can find(usually VO5) and she only started using conditioner now and then because I gave her some of mine. Otherwise she wouldn't even use that. No oils, no deep treatments. Nothing. The only other thing she does is brush it and keep it up in a barrette because otherwise it gets in her way. She only takes it down to sleep or if she has a headache.

I have no doubt her hair would continue to grow even longer because when I was little her hair was past classic length at times. But she gets it trimmed(or has me trim it) when it gets to be too much for her.

Hope that helps. :flower:

McFearless
June 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
thank you all for your support, i guess we all have bad hair days!

You might think that way but your hair is beautiful. You have photos showing that it does indeed grow. So believe it. Fine hair has to be protected a little more than coarser types but it is a small sacrifice.
:)

dragonchickx
June 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
I have a similar concern, becasue about the last 3 inches of my waist length hair is damaged moderately so I dont know how long it is going to take to grow it out, I dont know if I should do a big chop or cut small amounts every 3 - 6 months, but it has grown and grown its just the damage bothers me, so if you keep it growing than yes it will get to the length you want it. It just depends on how you take care of your ends and not trim as much as normal.

Becky9679
June 22nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
I have very fine hair and have had it at hip length in the past. Though it's fine I think it must still be pretty darn strong. At the time I had it that long I wasn't a member of LHC and was doing a lot of big no-nos such as wet dantanglng with a brush and ripping the brush through my tangles from the top. It probably wasn't in very good condition but I never seemed to suffer too much from excessive breakage.

Charlotte
June 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Jojo, my hair is super fine (you almost couldn't call it hair - it's more like almost invisible spider web). I only have just over 2" circumference and I'm now past hip (without braid waves anyway). I'm sure that even if you have a bit of breakage, you will pass me by as you have twice as much hair as I do to start with. :D Good luck! :blossom:

Avital88
June 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
I have medium thick hair and my hairdresser used to tell me that i would never be able to grow past bsl.. Some ppl just have no idea.Oh the revenge:)
But personally jojo im sure you will get your hair to classic with some patience and dedication,it already grew tons so i believe in your fine hair :) xoxo