PDA

View Full Version : So disapointed :(

Sookie
June 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM
I tried to order some products from www.amazon.com but they couldn't ship to Greece :( And we have none of these in my country so i can go and buy... i lost all my hopes for beautiful hair :( Αnyway i won't give up...i read somewhere that an LHCer sent some products to another member who lived in Germany...
So is anyone willing to help me please? :(

Braidy
June 22nd, 2011, 03:37 AM
I can't help you with the product thing but I can tell you that you don't necessarily need that specific product to have beautiful hair. There's plenty of ways to take care of your hair to make it shine healthily, both with and without products so no need to despair. I basically rinse my hair every other day with just water and every now and then I put on some coconut oil. Recently I did a coffee rinse experiment to enhance shine, which was a success so I'll be doing that again. Just saying, don't focus too much on specific products. They may work for other and not for you. Or they may work for you but not for other. There's no clear cut way/product/treatment that will guarantee you the perfect hair. Go ahead and do some funny experiments and you might get a pleasant surprise :)

Maverick494
June 22nd, 2011, 03:45 AM
Sookie, you don't need specific products to get long hair. I grew my hair long using average shampoo and conditioner. If any, growing long hair requires leaving it alone. Don't brush it all the time, use your fingers or a wide toothed comb. Don't think about it too much. Don't trim too often. I'd say twice a year would be good to make progress unless you have a lot of damage.

Here's my hair result: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1398/schermafbeelding2011061m.png

Mesmerise
June 22nd, 2011, 04:05 AM
One of the funny things I've noticed... is that when I read the routines of the "super long hairs" so many of them just use regular shampoo and conditioner! A lot of us who are growing our locks try this and that and the other, and are always after the best and brightest new hair thing...but many of the real long hairs are just gentle to their hair and use regular products!

You don't need to buy from Amazon or import to Greece to get great hair I am sure! However, I'm also sure that there will be people from the US who would be happy to ship stuff that you really want to you :).

IanB
June 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
The basic ingredients of most hair products are usually very similar, so if you have a look at the ingredient list of the products you can't get, and match them with the products you can buy, it may be an answer

Madora
June 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
@ Sookie...

Please also remember that having beautiful hair, no matter the length, is not 100% dependent on the products you use.

Hair health is based on genes, the type of food you eat, plenty of water, exercise, and proper hair care.

Your hair should be brushed every day with a pure boar bristle brush (no nylon, no plastic). Airdrying only. No blowfryers! No curling irons/hot curlers/straightening irons!

Always detangle your hair FIRST with a wide tooth comb before you brush it. Do not brush wet hair!!

Detangle your hair in the "bent over at the waist" position. Bring all your hair in front of you, then using your wide tooth comb, and taking a small section of hair, start at the ends and gradually work your way up the strands until you reach the scalp. Repeat until all hair has been detangled.

Brush, starting at the nape and down to the ends. Follow each swipe of the brush with the palm of your other hand. This cuts the electricity made by the brushing.

Brushing is beneficial to your hair, depending on HOW you brush and the brush that you use.

Brushing gives your hair softness, a lovely shine, exercises the hair follicles and distributes the natural sebum in your hair down your strands. Also removes the dirt and lint from your hair.

Protecting your hair from the sun and the cold is also important!

Wear your hair in updos to protect the delicate ends.
If possible, trim your hair every 3 months to get rid of ragged ends.

Feye's self trim is an excellent method if you want to do it yourself (and if your hair is long enough to do it on).

The quality of the actual shampoo and conditioner you use has a great bearing on your hair health. Avoid sillicones, if possible. There are plenty of tips here on the Mane Forum on what shampoos to use..or perhaps a "do it yourself" variety might aid you in caring for your hair.

Above all, try and be patient as your hair adapts to the new shampoo. And do NOT use a "two in one product"..i.e. a shampoo/conditioner combination. A shampoo is meant to cleanse the hair. A conditioner helps improve the hair quality.
Hair needs to be washed. It need not be washed every day! Unless you live in a very hot..or dirty atmosphere..or have a job that necessitates daily washing. Each time you wash your hair, you remove some of the sebum that is there naturally. Too much washing, and your hair will end up looking like straw (unless you do something to restore the oil).

EVOO treatments are fantastic for helping your hair and I can't say enough good things about them. Very easy to do, with superb results. There are other oiling treatments as well.

Good luck on your hair quest!

curlymarcia
June 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Sookie, as a curly girl I was always looking for the miracle hair product that would tame my curls. I tried every product that I found, from cheap to expensive. From the new products to the recommended ones for stylist or friends.

I only found out, that my homemade hair mask, my home modified shampoos, and oils are the best of the best. I also quit heat styling and alcohol based products.

Sookie
June 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Thank you all for your replys.
I am not looking for miracles products..just the basics...some oils like coconut and camelia, aloe vera gel and a good clarifying shampoo to remove all the silicones because my hair is so freaking built up :( I can't find these things in my country unfortunately.. But thanks for all of your advice :D I guess i have to experiment with what i have...

Alaia
June 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Sookie I went on holiday to Greece and discovered a brand called Korres.

They have lovely natural shampoo and conditioners that are a bit pricey but they are Greek so you should be able to get them. I can't remember if they had oils and aloe vera etc but do try the pharmacy for those, I'm pretty sure I got aloe vera out there. It was a few years ago however (back when I first joined!), so I do hope that Korres has survived the troubles.

Olive oil is good, and you definitely have that in Greece ;)

ETA: Try Amazon from the UK or France or Germany.

Gypsygirl
June 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Those are actually pretty basic products...are you sure you can't get them from any other online shop, either? I am sure there are European shops out there that sell these things and that do ship to Greece. The girl who first pointed me to LHC /LHL lives in Europe- she doesn't post here any longer but I am 100% sure she could send me a couple of links. I have actually ordered stuff from europe myself because- this is going to make you laugh- I don't like many of the products you can get over here. lol Let me know if you are interested and I'll ask her.

pinknika
June 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I totally know what you mean, even if you neccessarily don't need these products, it still bums me out when I don't have the things I want. The items you mentioned are pretty much staple items imo. Aloe vera gel seems to be a common plant, you can grow one and use it. As for camelia oil, the good one I think ships from japan, I haven't bought anything from there yet but I am sure its a hassle for shipping. And coconut oil, I love it are there any natural food stores/vitamin shops you can look into?

|Xei
June 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
I got my camellia oil off of ebay, so maybe you can give that a try? Ebay is safe as long as you buy from sellers who have at least a 97% positive feedback.

Mesmerise
June 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Thank you all for your replys.
I am not looking for miracles products..just the basics...some oils like coconut and camelia, aloe vera gel and a good clarifying shampoo to remove all the silicones because my hair is so freaking built up :( I can't find these things in my country unfortunately.. But thanks for all of your advice :D I guess i have to experiment with what i have...

You don't need to get products from Amazon, by any means! Try online stores in Europe or the UK (postage may be cheaper to Greece from there), and you are sure to find what you're looking for!

I sometimes buy products from overseas, but get them from Australia if I can because shipping can be really expensive. I find ebay is often a good source of bargains, and many sellers in the US will ship to other countries.

And also check to make sure they definitely DON'T sell these products in your local stores! I went out of my way to buy the AVG recommended on LHC (Fruit of the Earth or whatever it is) and then later saw it in my local supermarket :rolleyes:. At least I know where I can buy it again!! I just assumed it wouldn't be available in the stores here because it's from the US and because I hadn't heard of it before.

dragonette@1
June 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
There are some lovely Greek haircare products here:
http://cosmoliva.com/text/olive_care.html

and here:
http://www.greekinternetmarket.com/soaps.php

If you live near a larger city, find a health food store and shop there. You can find hair oils at Indian stores or online.

Good luck!

Jules2910
June 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Amazon Uk ships to Greece! Hurray hopefully they can solve your problem!

xovictoryxo
June 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
I was going to suggest ebay as well!

Sookie
June 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Sookie I went on holiday to Greece and discovered a brand called Korres.

They have lovely natural shampoo and conditioners that are a bit pricey but they are Greek so you should be able to get them. I can't remember if they had oils and aloe vera etc but do try the pharmacy for those, I'm pretty sure I got aloe vera out there. It was a few years ago however (back when I first joined!), so I do hope that Korres has survived the troubles.

Olive oil is good, and you definitely have that in Greece ;)

ETA: Try Amazon from the UK or France or Germany.

They are still on the market..the problem is that i tried them and didn't work for me..btw my cousin who is a hairdresser advised me not to use them because they are not natural products but with chemicals..

Sookie
June 25th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Oh i didn't knew it was amazon Uk also...hmm thanks for the ebay suggestion! I took a glance and it looks amazing! :D

Dacia
June 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Certified organic or natural stuff: http://www.aroma-zone.com/aroma/accueil_fra.asp

And iHerb.com (http://www.iherb.com/Hair-Scalp)ships everywhere :D

Sookie
August 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Hey thanks! :D But i found the basic products i needed. :) I told my cousin who lives in America to ship me hihihi