PDA

View Full Version : Proteins in no-cone conditioners vs. proteins in coney conditioners

Charlotte:)
June 22nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
For some reason, I have no problem using coney conditioners with proteins in them, but when I use no-cone conditioners with proteins, my hair freaks out. Does this happen to anyone else? Why do you suppose this happens?

krissykins
June 22nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
Maybe your hair likes cones?

Teufelchen
June 22nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
I have kind of the same. My hair doesn't like proteins very much. I think with the cones they block part of the proteins in the Conditioner, so you just get less of the protein to your hair. So it is fine and happy, with the non-cone ones, you get the full dose, which is just simply too much and it freaks out.

LunaMoon
June 22nd, 2011, 03:04 AM
I've tried to be cone free but no luck, my hair likes cones.
The only protein treatment that I use is the aphogee 2 minutes (once a week, light protein treatment) and this is full of cones. My hair really likes it.
I can't think about using protein and leaving my hair without cones...

Charlotte:)
June 22nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
I have kind of the same. My hair doesn't like proteins very much. I think with the cones they block part of the proteins in the Conditioner, so you just get less of the protein to your hair. So it is fine and happy, with the non-cone ones, you get the full dose, which is just simply too much and it freaks out.

Aha! That makes sense! Thanks!

vanillabones
June 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
When I tried just using a v05 conditioner that has no cones and protein in it for a week straight as a regular conditioner my hair freaked out too. Almost my whole head turned to splits, this is all probably just because I have SO much hidden damage but... regardless my hair freaked out. And I have similar hair type to all of you posting so maybe... *shrug* But what I do know is my hair just loves cones too.

gthlvrmx
June 22nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Maybe your hair just likes the cone :) Have you tried cone no protein?