PDA

View Full Version : Warped wooden comb :(

eri401
June 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM
I own a wooden comb from the Body Shop. It was left on the counter today and became soaked with a bit of water in the center of it. I didn't realize it until it was too late -- the wood became swollen at the center and bent as a result. Now the entire comb is completely curved now.

I left the comb under a stack of books hoping it would straighten out. Has this happened to anyone? I assume it is still okay to use....just not as easy to travel with.

monsterna
June 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
That's really weird. I don't own any and hopefully someone else can help. But if water caused it to warp, maybe try wetting it again and then stacking it under the books or something to flatten it while it dries?

Sundial
June 21st, 2011, 11:00 PM
It happened to me. My comb snapped into half when I tried to coax it back into shape

greygoth
June 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
The same thing happened to mine the other day. I put it under a stack of books and it dried flat.

IanB
June 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
It hasn't happed to mine - yet - but it's still my favourite, in fact my only, comb

Kyaatje
June 22nd, 2011, 01:59 AM
My first did snap when I tried to put it right. My second I put (wet) with the curved part on the counter (so the two ends pointed up) and it dried baxk in shape. Hope this helps

Neneka
June 22nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
Oh, maybe I shouldn't keep my wooden comb in the bathroom. It's sometimes really humid in there...