PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who are fine and cone friendly

Fadedbluedreams
June 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
What is your favorite shampoo and conditioner? I've been using Pantene for quite some time. I like it. However, I've become somewhat tempted to try herbal essences long term relationship shampoo and conditioner. Has anyone tried it and what do you think?

MandyBeth
June 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Redken Clear Moisture is the shampoo for me, and worth the price. Condish - Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship or the Straight version, Biolage Conditioning Balm or knock off, Pantene always works, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

Jeni
June 21st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ive used LTR before and I believe I liked it...

Ive been using Tresemme (big bottle, cheap price) 24 hour body (or something like that) and I like it. I also use Fructis sleek and shine leave in everyday after my shower.

Shampoo isn't really a big issue for me, my hair is good with just about anything. Right now I am using either Tresemme Naturals (probably the volumizing stuff) which is low sls or the Organix Tea Tree shampoo which I believe has no sls (does make my hair feel slightly dry when its wet but it feels fine when dry. I plan to use it up but not buy it again).

spidermom
June 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
My hair is fine, medium, and coarse, so not exactly the demographic you're going for, but I wanted to throw out the idea of using cone-free shampoo and conditioner followed by a coney leave-in. I like to be in control of how much coney product I'm using and where on my hair it goes. (I don't want it on my scalp.)

dulce
June 21st, 2011, 11:41 PM
I love Pantene products,they work really well for me.

Teufelchen
June 22nd, 2011, 02:17 AM
I do it very similar to Spidermom, I use no-cone products on my scalp and sometimes cones on the length, I just be very careful not to overdo it to prevent build-up.
I very rarely out my conditioner for the length on my scalp, maybe twice a year, but I do CO, so these hairs get there conditioner, but just a cone-free one.

Alaia
June 22nd, 2011, 02:48 AM
I tend to enjoy most Herbal Essences products.

I'm not using cones at the moment but my favourite HE was the red one for long hair, followed by Seductively Straight.

I never really got along with Pantene or Loreal. I think they were too coney for me.

Renbirde
June 22nd, 2011, 03:13 AM
I've been using Regis Designline Clarify Shampoo and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner. The shampoo is lovely, citrus smelling and non-drying, and the conditioner is only slightly coney-- there's more scent than cones! (I think this is a new change-- most of the ingredient list I'm finding online list cones as the 2nd ingredient.)

Water, Actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, Citrus gradis (grapefruit) fruit extract, Citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower extract, disodium oleomido PEG-2 sulfosuccinate, cocamido-propyl betaine, sodium laureth sulfate, Quillaja saponara bark extract, ascorbic acid polypeptide, tocopherol ploypeptide, Daucus catrota sativa (carrot) root extract, retinyl palmitate, sodium sulfite, panthenol, tetrasoduim EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, citric acid, benzophenone-3, fragrence, amyl cinnamal, Blue 1 (CL 42090).

Water, stearyl alcohol, behntrimonium methosulfate, orchid extract, Prunus serotina (wild cherry) fruit extract, Zea mays (corn) silk extract, fragrance, cetyl alcohol, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, dicetyl dimonium chloride, disodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, red 33, blue 1.

SwordWomanRiona
June 22nd, 2011, 04:16 AM
The shampoo I'm using now is Klorane's Sweet Almond Extract Volumising Shampoo For Fine Hair. It claims to give fine hair more boost + shine and softness. So far it has been working quite well, and I think my hair has a little more boost to it than it had before :) Before that, I spent nearly a year with henna-based shampoos (Corpore Sano and Radhe Shyam brands), and my hair seemed to like them too.
However, my hair seems to despise Herbal Essences products, every time I used them my hair came out sort of greasy and limp...Dunno why!
About conditioners, I'm starting to experiment with them now, sometimes I apply a bit of Radhe Shyam's henna-based conditioner to the lower length, but it's still very random. I never apply conditioner to my scalp because my roots get greasy too soon.

Teufelchen
June 23rd, 2011, 02:01 AM
I never really got along with Pantene or Loreal. I think they were too coney for me.
The pink Loreal Treatment, not the Conditioner, is Silicone free, at least the one I got at boots a month a go. ;)
This is the one I've got: http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/haircare/women/elvive-nutri-gloss/intensive-shine-masque.aspx

pepperminttea
June 23rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
My hair is fine, medium, and coarse, so not exactly the demographic you're going for, but I wanted to throw out the idea of using cone-free shampoo and conditioner followed by a coney leave-in. I like to be in control of how much coney product I'm using and where on my hair it goes. (I don't want it on my scalp.)

Ditto. I'm mix of F/M, but using just a bit of 'coney leave-in, after 'cone-free shampoo and conditioner, really works for my hair. It gives it just the right amount of 'coney slip without drying out the ends. :)

Alaia
June 23rd, 2011, 03:31 AM
The pink Loreal Treatment, not the Conditioner, is Silicone free, at least the one I got at boots a month a go. ;)
This is the one I've got: http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/haircare/women/elvive-nutri-gloss/intensive-shine-masque.aspx

Aha! That might be good. I have always wanted the pink ones to work for me (those are the ones I tried actually, but not the mask). :eyebrows:

jennydaesy
June 23rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
I like dove

Nymph
June 23rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Pantene and herbal essences have too much cone for me. Dove works and Garnier stuff as well, and basically most shampoos or conditioners with a limited amount of cones will do.

Zesty
June 23rd, 2011, 04:51 AM
The only coney conditioner that hasn't worked for me is Dove -- I got some gross waxy buildup after a week. Now I've pretty much settled into various Tresemme conditioners; I think the last one I used was labeled "anti-breakage" and this one is labeled "shine" or something (I never notice any difference). There's lots of product in it and it's inexpensive, and my hair likes it. I use Suave conditioner on my scalp for CO and put the Tresemme on the length from my ears down. Works like a charm. :)

11eleven
June 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Most of the time I use cone free Shampoo and conditioner but every once in a while I use the Long Term Herbal Essence one. It smells divine and leaves my hair smooth and shiny.

long&blonde
June 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
My hair is fine. I have the Herbal essences LTR shampoo & conditioner now. But I definitely preferred the Totally Twisted conditioner: especially. It is the only one in the HE line my local stores stopped stocking. Anyone's guess as to why!

BroadwayBeauty
June 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I'm fine and cone friendly, but I CO wash so I can't help you with the shampoos.

I CO wash with Aussie Cleanse & Mend conditioner, which actually has dimethicone, but I seriously haven't had any real problems with buildup. I use a sulfate-free shampoo only after I use too much product (like trying to put gel in to define waves), but never because of coney buildup.

I follow that with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner on my lengths, and most days I even put their leave-in conditioner/protector in. I also have the Organix argan oil serum which is coney, but my hair reacts fine. It seems to adore cones, actually.

vanillabones
June 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I always liked herbal essences when I had longer virgin hair when I was younger. I will be trying out LTR when my hair is longer for sure.

Redken I like but I found something even better at Sally's and recommended from a girl's website who has long hair, I think she's a member here.. well it's L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture (picture in my product album) it has a cone that I believe is water soluble. It's a dream. Oh the slip and non heaviness! I thought redken allsoft was my favorite but this is amazing.. highly recommend.

Oh and I always use organic shampoo because otherwise I'll get cone overload in just a few days.

PS: My hair loves cones :P

Rivanariko
June 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I use Aussie Moist most of the time and I'm pretty happy with it. Tresseme is too heavy for my hair and it gets oily and stringy a lot faster. I've had good luck with Pantene, but haven't really tried anything else. I'm of the theory that once I find something that works, why change it?

woodlandnymph
June 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Daily washer and avid conehead here.

I've used HE's Long Term Relationship for a long time. The conditioner is wonderful, but my scalp is becoming sensitive to the Ammonium Laurel Sulphate [sp?] in the shampoo [product build-up, itchy scalp, and flakes...:(] So I dropped the shampoo from my rotation, but kept the conditioner on hand. The LTR leave in treatment is also quite nice for smoothing your ends/detangling.

Currently I alternate mainly between:

Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Anti-Breakage shampoo/conditioner [love the conditioning mask too]

George Michael's cream shampoo/Dove Nutrioil conditioner [the one in a tube]

Earthly Delights Herbal shampoo/any coney conditioner I'm inclined use that morning.

Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly shampoo/conditioner [lovely fragrance and no itchy scalp]

Herbal Essence Color Me Happy shampoo/conditioner [lovely fragrance too]

ZeppHead
June 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Since HE came out with their new lines (I much preferred their older original stuff) I have tried the long term relationship conditioner and leave in creme and the leave in was okay if used sparingly but the conditioner seemed to leave a greasy weighed down feel when it dried. I also have fine, thin hair. I have figured out though if I use it sparingly only from ears down and do not let it sit long it works nicely. Not my favorite but I use it every so often to switch it up.

Charlotte:)
June 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
So far, none of the Herbal Essences conditioners have given me any trouble. Every other brand I have tried has fried my hair, so I definitely recommend it :) I just use a cheap diluted shampoo for my scalp (Suave Naturals), because Herbal Essences is a bit expensive, and the conditioner is really all that matters to me.