PDA

View Full Version : Hair Toys for Shoulder Blade Length??

heatherbelle
June 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know what type of hair toys are best for shoulder blade length hair? I have a set of wooden hair sticks that seem like they are a mile long, too long to be wearing. I also have a claw clip that I wear. But I need more verity please.

Thanks! :D

Catladyintown
June 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
I have shoulder length hair and I like using my Flexi8.:D But my hair is too short right now for hair sticks or forks. HTH

monsterna
June 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
Goody spin pins and flexi 8s.

luthein
June 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Scrunchies and beak clips in small and medium sizes can help. Bobby pins are handy to have, too. You can also try half-updos.

epigrrl
June 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
I have just past shoulder-length hair and my favorite toys are my flexi-8 clips (for half-ups and pony tails) and a Grahtoe Studio mini fork that is perfect for french twists (link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1655303&postcount=2663)). The GTS fork was spendy, but is really quite amazing.

KittyLost
June 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
A good old sock or a hair donut for sock buns :)

QMacrocarpa
June 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Octopus clip used as a bun-cage.

No matter the length of your hair, lo-o-ong hairsticks may never seem very wearable. Personally, I like them to not stick out past the sides of my head when worn horizontally (as I usually do). For me that means under 7 inches long. You might experiment with different-length pencils to see what length(s) you like in hairsticks.

Malibu Barbie
June 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
I was going to say then same thing get shorter hairsticks. I have some that are 4 inches and 5 inches and they never stick out. I used flexi's but now my hair is too think. Also I have about 8 different kinds of clips I use. I wish I knew the names of them all.