PDA

View Full Version : I found a cute braid picture.

KittyLost
June 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Whilst browsing for some hair inspiration I came across this adorable multi-braid picture of different colours. I think it's cute :) I've seen photographs similiar from community meets and think they're fun!

I found it on a photobucket account so I'm not aware of where credit should be due so I hope it's still okay to share this picture find.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/ValhallaVixen/LHC/tumblr_lgxj70cUNb1qbiz8oo1_500.jpg

Yozhik
June 21st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Very cute! Now I just need to get more longhaired friends or go to a community meet so I can replicate this! :D

Lollipop
June 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to get my sister to grow her hair out right now. Hopefully, both of my sisters will grow it out to a reasonable length so we can have a multi-colored, friendship braid.

(one sister is a bleach blond, one is a henna head, I am a darker hennahead and intend to go black with indigo)

MissManda
June 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
I love these kinds of photos! :crush: I'd love to take one like this with my and my DF's hair in a braid, but I don't know if he'd agree to it if I asked him...

skara_brae
June 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Interestingly enough, all the women I know in real life who have hair BSL or longer are blonde -- some by nature, some by the dye bottle. (Also interestingly enough, most of them don't do anything with it other than a ponytail.)

I absolutely love the multicolour effect on the braids though. (Those girls must have been very patient to sit still for the braiding and photo. I know I wouldn't have been at that age.)

Lollipop, best of luck in your quest. My sister and mother are both dedicated to short hair, so I have no chance of convincing them. Also, my sister's hair is the exact same colour as mine, so it wouldn't have the nice variegated effect.

CaityBear
June 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
I did a photoshoot where a friend and I did that but we had a fishtail braid. :) She's blonde and I'm a henna head so it looked pretty cool. It helped that we were close in height but we still had to have heels to find out how to balance the height. lol

vintage88
June 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
aw i love it! :)

umbrellabones
June 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Adorable! Maybe I'll do this one day >:D

heatherbelle
June 21st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ooh too cute!!! I LOVE the diversity!:D

agoddess2die4
June 21st, 2011, 08:13 PM
that's cute! I didn't notice the inter-weaving at first though. I was drawn to the red-head first because I love read hair, but sat for a second wondering why her braids were so far apart and how they got it to stay. I had a brief Pippi Longstockings thought. :D

owlathena
June 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
awwwwwwwww

Gulbahar
June 22nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
I have this one of me and a friend.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3209&pictureid=105970

Tapioca
June 22nd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Must find my pictures from the California Science Center meet. Three of us did this. My hair was waist at the time, and it was the shortest.

McFearless
June 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
I love this idea. Very cute.

I have this one of me and a friend.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3209&pictureid=105970

This is really cute too!

KittyLost
June 23rd, 2011, 01:23 AM
Lollipop and MissManda you should try to convince them to let you! It'd be lovely.

Caitybear that sounds great! I've only seen them do with an english braid before.

Gulbahar that's a great picture too!

My best friend's hair is blonde and I'm brunette, we both dabble with unnatural colours from time to time and we're both growing our hair out. She's a lot further than me at APL but I'd love to do this with her when our hair is long enough. I just have to hope my growth speeds up and I get a chance to do it with her before she gets bored and cuts her hair.

jennydaesy
June 23rd, 2011, 03:51 AM
nice find..

missoj
June 23rd, 2011, 06:00 AM
I love this :) Especially the colour combo between the blonde and redhead, so sweet.