PDA

View Full Version : Can I have Everyones Honest Opinion?

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
I recently cut my hair to have bangs... I had no bangs for the last 14 years. I still cannot decide if I want to keep the bangs, or grow them back out to full length. (layered length anyway)

I am going to post some pics of both ways so you can see them. Please give me your honest opinions on if you think I look better with the bangs or without them. I will not be offended no matter what you say. ;) I put a few different styles of each, so you could see the different ways I would look depending on hair style.

http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Collage of No Bangs.jpg

<BR>
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Collage of Bangs.jpg

<BR>
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/June 21 2008 Hair Length1a.jpg

Marcipangris
June 22nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
I like the first style!

Cinnamon Hair
June 22nd, 2008, 02:04 AM
I like with, but prefer without (ie: no bangs). It just looks more fresh/clean to show the whole face. They're not bad at all though.

Your length photo is awesome too! I love the waves and the v-shape hem. First time I've seen it.

ETA: First time I've seen your length pic, not the first v-shape hem. Sry! They are unusual though.

Duchess of Erat
June 22nd, 2008, 02:08 AM
I like no bangs better, though I think the second style with the bangs swept to the side would look very good on you if they were a bit longer (say between ear and chin). You have lovely hair, such nice colour and waves.

Saranne772
June 22nd, 2008, 02:09 AM
I would say that I prefer you without bangs. You have a high forehead and I always think they are best uncovered

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Thanks! Yes, I used to have my hair all 1 length, but I was having a lot of trouble with my neck, so I layered it to lose some of the weight of the hair, since mine is very thick and heavy. I specifically asked for that V cut, although I didn't realize it was uncommon really. :)

I'm glad everyone is leaning 1 way, makes me feel better than split down the middle. :) I actually was leaning that way myself, but I am not a very good judge of myself... I have that artists eye and I'm too critical. lol

I don't know what made me cut them... just wanted a change, and made a snap decision. Oh well. :rolleyes: At least I know that no bangs is better and I won't get the urge to do it again. lol They will grow out soon enough. Then at the in between stage, I can see how the long bangs look that you mentioned.

Riot Crrl
June 22nd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Both are pretty but I prefer without the bangs!

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Cool, that is 5 without. :)

eadwine
June 22nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
I like without better on you :)

Aronomy
June 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
I prefer without on you. However, change is fun :D

Liluri
June 22nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
I like both! I know not much help there. Oh and your hair is gorgeous :)

DecafJane
June 22nd, 2008, 02:28 AM
I prefer without bangs, but I think you would also look great with slightly longer bangs, swept to the side. :)

Melisande
June 22nd, 2008, 02:29 AM
No doubt here: without. You have a beautiful Madonna shaped face (not like the singer Madonna but the Madonna as painted by Raphael and others). The no-bangs look emphasizes this, it makes your eyes larger and more expressive. The oval shape of your forehead echoes the shape of your smiling lips and chin. I like this kind of regularity and symmetry very much, it's very feminine and alluring. Clean lines.

Bangs are fine though ;-) they don't make you look ugly or something. Still, IMO no comparison to the bangless look.

rapunzhell13
June 22nd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Another vote for without, but still good with! :)

Nat242
June 22nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
The bangs are nice - side swept might be a good style for you, but in all honesty, I think your features are shown to better advantage without bangs.

HTH! :flowers:

-- Natalie

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 02:45 AM
YEAH! Everyone agrees so far. :) So I am not crazy after all... all my friends keep saying they love the bangs... I had my doubts about the bangs. lol
Good, I think I kinda miss my long hair in the front.

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Wow, thank you Melisande, those are wonderful compliments.

DavidN
June 22nd, 2008, 02:49 AM
Welcome to the LHC, LongForLife, and I would like to add that your hair is shiny and healthy, and has the most beautiful waves. Your hair looks wonderful both with and without bangs, but my preference would tend to lean towards "no bangs".

sandrak
June 22nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
I like both too, but I like no bangs just a little more. Your hair is beautiful!

Mi-chan
June 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM
You are very very pretty! But I have toadmit I also like the "No bangs"-style a little better!

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Thank you all. Wow, overwhelming majority. :)
Oh, sorry Cinnamon, I had misunderstood. ;)

lynnala
June 22nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
I vote for without!

DrkAngel
June 22nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
I prefer no bangs. Just avoid parting in the middle, that doesn't flatter many people.

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Great advice. I almost always part on the right side now. Those middle part pictures are a couple years old. :)

yogachic
June 22nd, 2008, 04:05 AM
You honestly look great in both. I just prefer no bangs, and I think your style in the first picture of the 1 set is really pretty!

Tap Dancer
June 22nd, 2008, 04:07 AM
No bangs. :)

Silver & Gold
June 22nd, 2008, 04:27 AM
Although you look fine either way, my preference would be with no bangs or with longer, softer bangs that can be swept to the side. I think the reason I prefer the no bangs/softer side swept is because in the first pictures your eyes really jump out and you have very lovely eyes. The short bangs draw your eye more to the bangs than to your eyes if this makes sense.

Of course you're lovely either way, I just really like those eyes.

brok3nwings
June 22nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
I like better without! But im suspect cause i naturally im not in love with bangs and i only like short bangs when they cover all the forehead and when they are full bangs. Like modern style...i dont know, but your hair is awsume anyway and i think that hair styles sometimes is too personal ;)

FrannyG
June 22nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! Your face is beautiful too, so it's a shame to hide it. I vote no bangs too. I've officially jumped on the bandwagon. :)

noelgirl
June 22nd, 2008, 04:57 AM
I also vote no bangs for you! That said, I've been there, done that myself. I cut bangs a few months ago, and I'm growing them out already. They just don't sit on me in a flattering way, especially in this humidity!

Periwinkle
June 22nd, 2008, 05:09 AM
I like better without, but you look fabulous with as well! Some people get all the good looks :(

That length shot is absolutely stunning.

AutumnLeaves
June 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Have to go without bangs too. I have bangs and wish I didn't feel I need them. Sigh...you look great without them!

Toadstool
June 22nd, 2008, 05:41 AM
I prefer without too. You are very pretty either way!

tiny_teesha
June 22nd, 2008, 05:47 AM
you rock both, but if you were to grow out i suggest trying a side sweeping fringe, i think that may look best (im biased) I have a side fringe right now but i like to change it instead of getting a new hairstyle!

Guenever
June 22nd, 2008, 05:51 AM
Picture no. 1 - definitely.. so no bangs :smile: your long hair really suits your face.. softens it.. like in picture no. 1..

Stunning length shot, btw!^^

biggeorge
June 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Just another who thinks the "no bangs" look fits you better! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/e142.gif

Poetic
June 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
I prefer without the bangs. It shows off your face.

HappyKarin
June 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Like every one else voted: without
Your hair is verry beautiful :)

peachy.pudding
June 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
No Bangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carina
June 22nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
I think you look better without bangs.

JessTheMess
June 22nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
I think you look more elegant w/o the bangs. You look good with the bangs too, but I say without :)

girlcat36
June 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
I vote for no bangs. You have a pretty face, why hide it?

LadyMoon11
June 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
I also am going to vote no bangs. The bangs look ok, and I totally understand your want for change, but really the no bangs suits your face and face shape very well.
Also, the side part, such and in the first pic, is your best look.
Gorgeous waves and length, BTW! :flowers:

Florida Mom
June 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Another vote for no bangs - the first picture/ hairstyle is my favorite on you!

LaurelSpring
June 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
My vote is no bangs. This is always my eternal question too! Bangs or no bangs. I am currently growing mine out after years of bangs. Its really difficult getting use to seeing my forehead but now I am over the hump and love it and dont want to go back to bangs.

Speedbump
June 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Honestly, I think you look good either way. However, bangs are always a two-edged sword because they limit your look, and I would never have them personally just because of that. I would rather make "fake bangs" with hair pins and not cut.

Indigo Girl
June 22nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with the majority vote - you have lovely features that stand out more without bangs.

Beautiful length shot! :bluesmile

Sherri
June 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
I think that I prefer the pic with no bangs.

Stagecoach
June 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Another no banger here! You have a very pleasant face and my personal opinion is that the bangs detract from it.

levelek
June 22nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Yep, also voting for without. You have a beautiful forehead, eyes and brows, and a sweet face that can carry of the no bangs, even with a bunned look, without looking harsh.

Sian100
June 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
My honest opinion is that I prefer the look without bangs.

ladystar
June 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
I say without!!! Your hair is beautiful!!!

Prettypolly
June 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I much prefer how you look without them! The bangs look quite distracting but maybe they just aren't the right style?

spidermom
June 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
I like your look without bangs the best. Your hair is beautiful.

Xandergrammy
June 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Another vote for without. Your hair is gorgeous.

LilyMunster
June 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I favor no bangs. :D

Blueglass
June 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
I would say you did a nice job on them, and for some reason I like them. You could grow them out somewhat longer and just have a face framing layer.

nankipoo
June 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi,

You look great -- lovely smile. Without bangs looks more youthful in my opionion. You could always have your hair layered/ graduated at the front -- not bangs, but varying the length at the front might give the look more interest when worn down but also gives you enough hair to create a very clean look when you tie it back. Don't know the hairdressing term for what I'm describing, sorry, but I hope you know what I mean. My hair is long and one length mostly, except at the front where it gradually gets a bit shorter.

nankipoo

Jan in ID
June 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
I like your bangs, but perhaps they would look better longer. You look great both ways.

nissamholtz
June 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
I would go without bangs

greek_lady
June 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
I like the first picture in each row.
I prefer the no-bangs look, but I also *think* that once your bangs are a little bit longer the overall effect will be much nicer.
Great smile!

Kirin
June 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Honest answer coming up.

You have a beautiful classic and sophisticated face, and I'm afraid, at least to me, the bangs "childlike" your looks, and not in the most positive way. It seems to broaden your face taking away from those spectacular cheekbones and brilliant eyes.

I say grow out the bangs.

danacc
June 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
You have a beautiful hairline. And like others who posted before me, I think your face has a lovely shape and form.

I vote no bangs, too.

Beautiful hair, by the way.

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Although you look fine either way, my preference would be with no bangs or with longer, softer bangs that can be swept to the side. I think the reason I prefer the no bangs/softer side swept is because in the first pictures your eyes really jump out and you have very lovely eyes. The short bangs draw your eye more to the bangs than to your eyes if this makes sense.

Of course you're lovely either way, I just really like those eyes.

Thank you. I know what you mean. I always have comments on my eyes, so they are my best feature, and then they are hidden...

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
I also vote no bangs for you! That said, I've been there, done that myself. I cut bangs a few months ago, and I'm growing them out already. They just don't sit on me in a flattering way, especially in this humidity!

Me too. They are much harder to style than my hair, and they do not like to stay put in this weather. :)

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Yep, also voting for without. You have a beautiful forehead, eyes and brows, and a sweet face that can carry of the no bangs, even with a bunned look, without looking harsh.

Great! Thank you. I think that was one of my issues. I tend to wear my hair up or back more, due to small children. lol And I am so critical of myself, that I thought that I looked bad with my hair all pulled back with that forehead showing. But obviously not! lol

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Honest answer coming up.

You have a beautiful classic and sophisticated face, and I'm afraid, at least to me, the bangs "childlike" your looks, and not in the most positive way. It seems to broaden your face taking away from those spectacular cheekbones and brilliant eyes.

I say grow out the bangs.

Thank you! I felt the same way when I first saw them. I asked my friends if they made me too childish looking and they said no, but that is my impression of them too!!

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thank you all for responding! I never thought I would get so many opinions. :) That is awesome!!! So almost everyone thinks no bangs. A couple thought bangs, but maybe longer ones. I thought they hid my eyes too, rather than enhancing them. So I think I will grow them out starting now. I will have that in between stage where I can play with them at the long side swept length, and then I think they are going back in with the rest of the hair. :D

I was already leaning towards this anyway, and obviously most agree that would look better, so grow, grow, grow bangs! LOL

getoffmyskittle
June 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Your hair is really excellent.

I actually don't have much of an opinion on the bangs, but that length shot... :thud:

frizzinator
June 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I like your face and hair better without bangs.

Ndnlady
June 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Wow! That length shot is beautiful! And I am agreeing with the majority and saying I like the first row of pics without the bangs!:)

Lady Godiva
June 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I prefer the photos without bangs on you. :grin:

MissHair
June 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I think you look better without bangs. Ive had bangs almost my entire life and I think I looked best without them.

Caldonia Sun
June 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Without suits you very well.

Kiraela
June 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
they're both very pretty, and the sideswept bangs would look good, but I've got to vote for 'without bangs' too...

ktani
June 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I like both - but prefer without.

However - the beauty of bangs is that you can play with the length.

I like the side swept bangs the best on you.

What is very fashionable right now is pieces of hair on the sides - chin length - you can wear them straight or curled or wavy to soften a look - so you have lots of options.

Darkhorse1
June 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
I like both ways. I think with the bangs, you get a bit more diversity, so maybe so more long layers in the front? IE--keeping your bangs past your chin, so it's long, but you can curl it to shorten them and add a bit more style and keep the weight lower?

katiana
June 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
You look beautiful both ways..but I am going to say.. without bangs.

Medvssa
June 22nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I do prefer no bangs in general, just so you know ;) and on you what I find nicer is as you wear your hair in the first picture, with the part on the side :flower:

wintersun99
June 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
chiming in late - but I too, prefer without :)

<She>
June 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
No bangs - that is my opinion ( as everyone else's ). You have really beautiful hair! :)

SHELIAANN1969
June 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Oh I definately like the longer "bang-less" pics, your hair just frames your face so much better.

mhiap
June 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
I like the no bangs look too :)

MadHatter
June 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Without gets my vote.

Gladtobemom
June 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I like the first one best, The sideswept bang (5th) is nice too.

I think the "all down" one sort of eats up your face.

IMHO
You have beautiful eyes too

manderly
June 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
While I prefer you without bangs, I would like to see you part it in a less harsh manner.

But I'm just personally not a fan of tight center parts, so if you love it, good for you :D

Gladtobemom
June 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
While I prefer you without bangs, I would like to see you part it in a less harsh manner.

But I'm just personally not a fan of tight center parts, so if you love it, good for you :D

That's a good point! Have you ever tried maybe a zig zag part and let it fall over the part? I do that cause I don't like the scalp showing, when I do braids.

Nanny always said to, "Keep the line of the part off the line of your nose . . . unless you have an awfully cute nose."

Chromis
June 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
I vote no bangs, but I like the centred part!

saman
June 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I think you look nicer without bangs although you looks nice with them too.may be longer or at sides suits you more

Patrice
June 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
It's beautiful both ways, but the pictures without bangs do you more good. I think half-long bangs (like to your shoulders, framing your face) would look amazing on you.
Just an honest opinion.
Byebye.

psvzum
June 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful : ) I prefer you without the bangs.

mimi1153
June 22nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
I prefer without also.

Mary <><
June 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Without, but you look great both ways!

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
That's a good point! Have you ever tried maybe a zig zag part and let it fall over the part? I do that cause I don't like the scalp showing, when I do braids.

Nanny always said to, "Keep the line of the part off the line of your nose . . . unless you have an awfully cute nose."

Actually, yes. I used to zig zag all the time. I almost never part in the center anymore. Those pics with the no bangs were from a couple years ago. I normally part on the far right now. :)

Cinnamon Hair
June 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Is this right? Are we on page 10 and no one voted for bangs yet? Incredible.

longhairedfairy
June 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Honestly, I prefer without bangs. I especially like the first picture :)

Gladtobemom
June 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
It would be interesting to see an updo with the bangs.

I wish I could wear bangs, but mine just frizz and stick straight out.

I always wanted long wispy bangs.
[sigh]

hairymonster
June 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I like how your hair frames your face in the first picture :flower:

ZaBasDa
June 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
I would love to go against the majority, but they are completely right this time. Your face looks lovely without the bangs.

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Is this right? Are we on page 10 and no one voted for bangs yet? Incredible.

LOL Yes, I think so! A few like bangs, but longer ones. Really an overwhelming majority. :) I'm glad for that though. If it was split down the middle I would still be in limbo deciding. lol

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
It would be interesting to see an updo with the bangs.

I wish I could wear bangs, but mine just frizz and stick straight out.

I always wanted long wispy bangs.
[sigh]

Well, since I still have the bangs for now, I could do an up-do with them and post it. ;)

Notice everyone likes the very first picture the best? That was my issue with getting bangs in the first place. I wore it the 2nd or 3rd way more times than down in the 1st. And I didn't think I looked very good in those, so my original thought was to have bangs, because it would look better when my hair was pulled back.

FlipHunny
June 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
I also like the way without the bangs look, however both with and without have their charm!

after hours
June 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
I agree with everyone that your hair is gorgeous! I think you look better without bangs. But I also wanted to say that I like the second bangs picture where they're swept to the side and more natural looking. This is just my opinion- I don't like the way you styled your bangs in the first picture. It looks like you attacked them with a curling iron or round brush, and to me it is a very dated look, like early 90's mall bangs. (Which I used to have in jr. high, heh.)

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I agree with everyone that your hair is gorgeous! I think you look better without bangs. But I also wanted to say that I like the second bangs picture where they're swept to the side and more natural looking. This is just my opinion- I don't like the way you styled your bangs in the first picture. It looks like you attacked them with a curling iron or round brush, and to me it is a very dated look, like early 90's mall bangs. (Which I used to have in jr. high, heh.)

I'm almost done growing my impulse decision bangs(disaster); the time goes by really fast!

LOL YUP! That is the way the stylist did the bangs, so I followed suit. lol
Good, I'm glad they grow fast. :) I'll bear with them until they are nice and long again.

LongForLife
June 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'm amazed at how many posts this thread has now!! Again, thank you everybody for giving such great advice and comments. I really appreciate it.

share801
June 23rd, 2008, 01:51 AM
[/quote]
Notice everyone likes the very first picture the best? That was my issue with getting bangs in the first place. I wore it the 2nd or 3rd way more times than down in the 1st. [/quote]

I like no bangs, like you've already heard 100 times, but wanted to add that maybe you could move the part a bit in the 2nd and 3rd picture hairstyle? I like the style generally, but I think most of us look better with an off center part. I usually have no part when I do a half up as I look goofy every other way.

goldenwaves
June 23rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
I think none, but maybe with if they were a tad bit longer! You look very pretty in your pics!

toodramatik
June 23rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
Without looks prettier :]]

krazykirsty07
November 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I actually like the 4th picture best with the fringe =)

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I like with. :)

Nae
November 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I am sure that the OP looks great with whichever hairstyle she decided on 3 years ago.

I don't think our opinions at this point really count too much. (But it is fun to look at pictures.)

jaine
November 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM
The #1 reason those bangs aren't the best look for you is that they're cut too wide.
Next time you want to try blunt bangs, cut a smaller section of hair.

[ETA: Oops I didn't realize it was a 3-year old thread! Sorry.]

holothuroidea
November 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM
It's an old thread but I want to give my 0.02

You don't look bad with the fringe and if they're really fun for you then you could definitely :rockerdud them. However, the shape of your face is beautiful and one of your best features and the fringe breaks up the shape. I prefer without.

Melisande
November 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
The OP hasn't posted since 2010, so it's a safe bet she won't look at this old thread anymore...

I love it though when old threads pop up, with nice pictures.

lw8666
November 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I like the pics without the bangs. But when it comes to bangs, I prefer longer side bangs... So if you made a side part and had side bangs, I think that would be nice too! That's just me though! :)

Oh and, your hair is beautiful!!!

lw8666
November 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Oh, oops, this is an old thread!!! Lol

LaurelSpring
November 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I like no bangs. Now I want to grow mine back out.

*oh darn I just saw this was old...well it did give me some incentive about growing mine out again.

blondie9912
November 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I prefer you without bangs, the first style is my favourite photo!

slz
November 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
What's wrong with you and the year 2008, krazykirsty07 :p ???

Emerald88
November 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I vote no bangs and your length is gorgeous!

krazykirsty07
November 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
What's wrong with you and the year 2008, krazykirsty07 :p ???

lol i'm new to LHC and i'm working my way through all the posts backwards so i can learn everything there is to know about long hair...i'm on page 896 atm :rolleyes:

luciferia
November 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Definitely no bangs, though long (chin length or longer) bangs would work too.

princessp
November 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Very pretty both ways. You look more mature with no bangs. I bet you would look great with long bangs so I say grow them out and let them frolic around your face.

holothuroidea
November 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
lol i'm new to LHC and i'm working my way through all the posts backwards so i can learn everything there is to know about long hair...i'm on page 896 atm :rolleyes:

wow that's dedication!

Rocket22
November 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
No bangs is my vote

eta: OMG I didn't realize this thread is 3 years old!!! sorry!!!

whichypoohs
November 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
yep get rid of the bangs...grow them out.

justgreen
November 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I like without, but to clarify....I think your bangs are too thickly cut. Thinner bangs might have suited you better. Anyway, maybe you'll come back and visit us and bring us up to date one day! :smile:

Helenae
November 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I prefer you without the bangs. But I think once they grow out 3inches, you could brush them to one side and have a big lovely side bang?

Signe
November 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I like without better, but I think it is just because I don't think that the fringe you have is the right kind of fringe for you..a tad longer and choppier/side-swept I think would be really fantastic....which is great because if you decide to grow out, that's what you'll end up with for a while. win-win.

Keepitgrowing29
November 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
They both look fine. So, I say if you just aren't feeling the bangs anymore...grow them out.

iszolda111
November 12th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I like the no bangs better, I think that face framing length bangs would look great on you.

honeybunny_1996
November 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Without bangs is more flattering on you.

Slinks
November 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I LOVE bangs but I think you look gorgeous with-out them, your middle parting suits you :-)

Lamb
November 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I'd say, you look better without bangs when your hair is all down.
When you have your hair in an updo, you look better with bangs.

Make of it what you will, I can hardly explain why I see this difference... You look pretty either way. :)

Sorry, didn't see it was such an old thread.

Slinks
November 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
oh ^^^^ :lol: so we've answered to an old thread eh ??? too funny :-)

ETA: OMG !!!!! 2008 !!! :lol:

LongForLife
November 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone! Wow, awesome seeing posts after this long. Well, I now have the best of both worlds, basically. I have bangs still, but they are long, to my chin. So I can wear them down, or tucked behind my ears, or even put them back if needed, since they are long enough. Here are a few updated pics, what do you think? :)

http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 Long Bangs1.JPG
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 BangsTucked1.JPG
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/IMG_0508a.jpg
And my new extra long length. :)
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 Length1.JPG

PrairieRose
November 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I like your pics without the bangs:)

krazykirsty07
November 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Beautiful!!!

PrairieRose
November 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I just saw the new pics your hair looks very nice!

MasCat
November 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
You definitely chose the best option :) Also beautiful length!

haibane
November 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM

Did you know there is an archive too? going all the way back to 2003:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9&page=1018&order=desc
/probably not really helping. :p

LongForLife: Your long bangs look really cute! :)

jacqueline101
November 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I like both ways.

krazykirsty07
November 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Did you know there is an archive too? going all the way back to 2003:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9&page=1018&order=desc
/probably not really helping. :p

LongForLife: Your long bangs look really cute! :)

cool thanks sooo much!! :D

akilina
November 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
without looks very flattering on you :)

CurlyCap
November 12th, 2011, 05:14 PM
No bangs. For some reason, even though bangs cover the forehead, in your pictures, they emphasize it. Hunh.

Yosha
November 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
When I saw the first post, I liked the ones without bangs best, but now that I've seen your update with the very long bangs (well you can hardly call them bangs anymore :p) I think this style looks most beautiful on you :D Your hair is even more beautiful and looks so healthy, thank you for posting the update!

Nae
November 12th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the update!! I think you made the best choice, I like the no bangs look on you very much!!

AnimaSola3o4
November 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I like both ways, but with the bangs, I'd have to say no to curling them under like they are in the pic. Keep them straight if you're gonna wear them. You also seem to have a natural middle part, or maybe a cowlick, which makes bangs wearing difficult.

I have the same thing, and I tried bangs numerous times. It turns out that I love my bangs at their current length, an inch or so past my ears when pulled behind my ears, because then when they are loose, they frame my face with a little curl at the ends. I've decided to keep mine at this length.

KwaveT
November 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I am one that likes the no bangs look too. I definitely like the new pics too. It always makes me wonder why people revive topics like this. Topic starter's last post was 17-18 months ago until she popped in that update. How would you even know that all these new opinions is even being heard by person that made the topic? A lot of accounts are active that are no longer being used anymore. Maybe I am just overanalyzing.

akuamoonmaui
November 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Agreed. No bangs. You have a nice forehead, brows and eyes. No need to hide them!

tanpopokitty
November 12th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I'm going to have to agree, you look great without. :)

UltraBella
November 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Can I just say that I find it irritating when ancient threads are posted on, bumping them to the now and tricking us into thinking they are a current thread. It doesn't bug me if it's just one, or an update or something that is meaningful, but when someone repeatedly posts on very old threads it drives me bonkers.

Slinks
November 12th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone! Wow, awesome seeing posts after this long. Well, I now have the best of both worlds, basically. I have bangs still, but they are long, to my chin. So I can wear them down, or tucked behind my ears, or even put them back if needed, since they are long enough. Here are a few updated pics, what do you think? :)

http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 Long Bangs1.JPG
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 BangsTucked1.JPG
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/IMG_0508a.jpg
And my new extra long length. :)
http://www.countryartistantiques.com/Nov 2011 Length1.JPG
Good to see you !!! wow !! you look amazing and your hair :cheese: :thudpile:

prunus.capulim
November 12th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I prefer without you, or maybe you could try a different style of bangs. You can try maybe a little shorter than your eyebrow and straight? Huuum I don't know, but its always fun to change, and hair always grow :P Don't be afraid to try something new

prunus.capulim
November 12th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Oh damn, so this was an old thread? ahah

holothuroidea
November 12th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I am one that likes the no bangs look too. I definitely like the new pics too. It always makes me wonder why people revive topics like this. Topic starter's last post was 17-18 months ago until she popped in that update. How would you even know that all these new opinions is even being heard by person that made the topic? A lot of accounts are active that are no longer being used anymore. Maybe I am just overanalyzing.

You can set your options to have LHC send you an e-mail when someone posts in a thread you've posted in.

I think this topic was revived because it is simply irresistible to give your honest opinion when someone asks for it, especially when that someone has excellent hair and pictures. :)

@LongForLife- I'm so glad you came back! I like your bangs now and how versatile they are. They are very flattering.

julliams
November 12th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Whoops - realised it's an old thread - sorry.

teela1978
November 12th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Can I just say that I find it irritating when ancient threads are posted on, bumping them to the now and tricking us into thinking they are a current thread. It doesn't bug me if it's just one, or an update or something that is meaningful, but when someone repeatedly posts on very old threads it drives me bonkers.

Really? The zombie threads always just make me giggle. I love how everyone answers as though its a new thread :)

holothuroidea
November 12th, 2011, 11:04 PM

I agree that it can be annoying to read a thread and then you want to respond but then you find out it's old and now you just wasted your energy on a thread with little chance of the OP seeing it.

I don't think anyone is trying to trick us, though! It's innocent enough just let it sink.

It's so cool that the OP came back, though, isn't it!? How often does that happen?

LongForLife
November 12th, 2011, 11:39 PM
When I saw the first post, I liked the ones without bangs best, but now that I've seen your update with the very long bangs (well you can hardly call them bangs anymore :p) I think this style looks most beautiful on you :D Your hair is even more beautiful and looks so healthy, thank you for posting the update!
Thanks! Yes, I kind of found the perfect in between, and you are right, they are hardly bangs. lol But compared to the rest of my hair, they are so short to me. ;) Thank you! I am using new wonderful hair products, which have had amazing results with my hair. :)

LongForLife
November 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM

You can set your options to have LHC send you an e-mail when someone posts in a thread you've posted in.

I think this topic was revived because it is simply irresistible to give your honest opinion when someone asks for it, especially when that someone has excellent hair and pictures. :)

@LongForLife- I'm so glad you came back! I like your bangs now and how versatile they are. They are very flattering.

Thanks! I missed being here. Life got so crazy, I have had 5 kids in the last 7 years, plus a new business, and I just slowly lost touch up here. I have to make a better effort to make time. :)

LongForLife
November 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Oh, and somehow I managed to not subscribe to the thread, so wasn't getting notices. However, justgreen, was so sweet and messaged me, letting me know the thread was revived. :) So the credit for me knowing goes to her.
I'm glad too! And the responses are not wasted, I am still me, and still appreciate all the opinions. :) Sometimes getting others opinions makes you look at something from a little different angle. ;)

RecklessCharlie
November 13th, 2011, 12:18 AM
As a former fringe wearer I know exactly what you are going through, and frankly I think both looks can be excellent. Something I learned when I had bangs that may be helpful to you is that with fringe its all about the styling - how you wear them.
I think that you would look superb with your bangs styled similar to this - http://1000celebrityhairstyles.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/catherine-zeta-jones-bangs-hg-de.jpg
You have a similar fave shape to her and this is a really elegant way to wear fringe. I'll be totally honest since you asked for honest opinions, I think that curling bangs under as you have in the first fringe photo is never very flattering and a bit dated.
You have a lovely face and I think you can suit both styles very well!

ETA: Ahaha just noticed that this thread is rather old, D'OH! That'll teach me to read the thing before I post :)