PDA

View Full Version : Hair acting up

Jeno86
June 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM
So I have no idea what is going on with my hair lately. I haven't changed anything with my hair or done anything odd with it. But no matter what I do as of late, it gets tangled really easy and gets greasier faster than normal. Has anyone else had their hair randomly act up like this?

krissykins
June 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
It sounds like you need to clarify. :)

Anje
June 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Definitely time to clarify.

It's possible it's something else, but what you've described is textbook for buildup.

jojo
June 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
mine is doing this too, a clarifying treatment followed by a smt does the trick. I am doing mine tomorrow.

Jeno86
June 20th, 2011, 08:04 PM
This is going to sound ridiculous but how does one clarify? The only thing I really have knowledge of is clarifying shampoos. I know there are others ways involving things like vinegar but I have no idea how to do it.

Helix
June 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM
This is going to sound ridiculous but how does one clarify?

With a clarifying shampoo as far as I'm aware, but there may be other ways to do it.

krissykins
June 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
You can wash with a clarifying shampoo or with baking soda. Some people can even get away with washing with any sulfate shampoo a couple of times in a row. ACV rinses don't clarify your hair, they just help rinse away any residue left on your hair :D

Helix
June 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
With a clarifying shampoo as far as I'm aware, but there may be other ways to do it.

to clarify (no pun intended)...just use the shampoo as you would any other shampoo. You're just trying to get your hair really clean and remove buildup. In my case I would follow that with a deep conditioner b/c clarifying shampoos tend to have a stripping effect.

Jeno86
June 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
You can wash with a clarifying shampoo or with baking soda. Some people can even get away with washing with any sulfate shampoo a couple of times in a row. ACV rinses don't clarify your hair, they just help rinse away any residue left on your hair :D
Brilliant! See so glad I ask about thank. Thank you so much!

Anje
June 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Personally, I think clarifying shampoo is the best. However, the other option is to make a solution of baking soda in water (roughly 1 Tbsp per 8 oz of water) and work it through hair. Rinse out, follow up with a dilute vinegar rinse to restore the proper pH. Then lots of conditioner, because baking soda is seriously drying and kinda nasty on hair.

Jeno86
June 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Personally, I think clarifying shampoo is the best. However, the other option is to make a solution of baking soda in water (roughly 1 Tbsp per 8 oz of water) and work it through hair. Rinse out, follow up with a dilute vinegar rinse to restore the proper pH. Then lots of conditioner, because baking soda is seriously drying and kinda nasty on hair.

I'll probably stick with a shampoo. Would one like suave clarifying work or something more fancy? Thanks for answering all of this by the way.

krissykins
June 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Lots of folks here swear by Suave Clarifying shampoo. I used it when I first started on LHC and I really like it.

Jeno86
June 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Lots of folks here swear by Suave Clarifying shampoo. I used it when I first started on LHC and I really like it.

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

KatiSasha
June 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
It looks like you're in a hard water state. This map really helped me out http://water.usgs.gov/owq/hardness-alkalinity.html.

Clarifying shampoo will help with some buildup, but not with minerals. There are different chelating treatments out there that you can use. Most of them have citric and ascorbic acid as bases. ION crystals from Sally's is a really good one to try. Good luck!