PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin E Oil for Hair?

MissEarlGrey
June 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I don't ever recall seeing a thread about vitamin E oil on the LHC. I have a bottle of very thick 70,000 IU vitamin E oil that I had used previously in a lip-balm recipe and it works great for making my hands very soft, but I was wondering if it can be used on hair and to what effect? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks!

whisper
June 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I started thinking about trying Vitamin E oil when I saw that Vitamin E is in VO5 Free Me Freesia. I've added the oil to Kimberlily's defrizzer recipe with good results.

Beatrix_Kiddo
June 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I added some Vitamin E to my coconut bottle, which is also mixed with olive oil, castor oil and rosehip oil with good results

McFearless
June 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM
It is really sticky so I wouldn't use it straight but I've added many drops to my conditioner for a deep treatment and my hair was so soft after.

Mannaz
June 21st, 2011, 04:51 AM
It also works as a preservative in homemade mixes. Haven't tried it myself though.

CrystalStar
June 21st, 2011, 05:22 AM
I have added it to my hair befpre despite its stickiness and it has left me with soft ends, but I've never been particularly wow'ed by it! It's nice, but it didn't seem to cause a huge difference good or bad. I will probably add it to recipes for leave ins, but I would not use it as a leave in on its own.. mostly because as Mcfearless said.. It's sticky! Hard to spread too!

Avital88
June 21st, 2011, 05:57 AM
i heard and read a lot of good things about it, but i never actually tried vitamin E oil.
i will watch this thread..

Xepher
June 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
How funny, I was just thinking this the other day as well, since I bought some pure Vit E oil from the pharmacy for the first time. I've been using it under my eyes and on stretch marks and I like it so far. I'll try adding some to my next home made deep treatment and see what happens :)

carmenvanessa
June 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
I got Vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's. It also has soybean oil and coconut oil in it. I use a little bit as a leave in conditioner after washing my hair and it leaves my hair nice and soft. I also use it on my hands and nails, it absorbs nicely after a few minutes.

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 11:52 PM
I tried vitamin E not too long ago and slept with it in over night and my hair looked like I hadn't washed my hair in weeks when I woke up. A little too much for me. lol I just use Argan and Jojoba oil now

QueenJoey
July 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
I use vitamin E oil. I get it in liquid capsule form at this beauty supply store in LA. It's not as sticky as the liquid capsules meant for ingesting. It's very light and smells pretty good. Actually, the place I buy it makes it with different magic ingredients: aloe vera, apricot, avocado, ginseng, and royal jelly. I use the aloe vera one in my hair, and the apricot stuff on my skin. Those are the only two I've bought and tried, but I'm about to go back to LA and stock up as well as buy those other ones.

Two drops go a long way, as any more makes my hair stringy and greasy. But I think it's doing wonders for my hair. I use it as leave in conditioner, but I use to use it as a scalp treatment. It makes my hair soft and moisturized and healthy.

It's actually for skin. Moisturizing and anti-aging. I have very flaky, cracky skin. The kind that gets so bad if I don't put lotion on after a wash, it hurts to even smile. This stuff is a miracle worker. A bit greasy at first, then leaves my skin perfectly moisturized and lasts until my next wash.

I also use the aloe vera on my lashes and lashline at bedtime and it seems to be making them a bit longer and thicker. I have very sparce eyelashes, so this is huge to me. I've heard the avocado stuff is better for lash growth, so I'm making sure to get that one on my next trip.

My aunt says the aloe vera ones are great for soothing sunburns, Just break it open and rub it on. Or freeze them and lay them on the burnt skin like ice cubes.

You can buy this stuff online at adoro.com. It's a US company, I'm not sure if it will ship to other countries.

I'm not associated with this company. I'm just a VERY happy customer. :)

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
I use it mixed with other oils to make it slippery as an overnight deep treatment. I also love it under my eyes before bed.