PDA

View Full Version : Growing out again from short hair!!!

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Im really angry that I cut my hair it was at all layered at BSL and I decided I wanted it all one length so I got it cut, boy was that a mistake especially having really thick wavy hair, long story cut short Ive had about 4 haircuts this month from butcher hairdressers so now its like a short shag and now Ive got to start all over again growing it out :(

vanillabones
June 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Oh no :( is it all at least one length now..... since that is why you cut it to begin with

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
No its like a shag cut the one length made my hair too thick so Ive had it layered again think I will be staying away from hairdressers for good this time and just trimming it myself again thats how I got it longest its been since I was a child in the first place

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Will have to update my profile pic

ange1ito
June 20th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I cut mine recently to get ri of all the layers. I found it really upsetting at first but a few weeks in and I'm not too fussed. It felt like boring hair until I rediscovered all my hair accesories. Have you tried using pretty slides, headbands, ribbons or scarves to add some interest?

Rosie23
June 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
You are not alone. I did the same thing and somehow ended up from mid back length hair to chin length hair...yes it was a one week process. I thought I could be my own hairdresser but it did not work out as I planned. Guess you will have to wait it out! your hair will grow back but yeah I can understand how frustrating it can be.

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
yeah I will have to pull all the hair accesories out of the cupboard lol I got some wax as well to mess it up and control it a bit, it will be another long journey but Ive done it before so I can do it again, its just a bit depressing going from long hair to really short

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
If you click on my avatar you can see my hair length before the cut :(

InTheCity
June 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ugh! Why are so many of us going through this again. It seems we repeat our own (and others') mistakes over and over when it comes to hair.

Last weekend I went from 26" to like 17" (longest layers) with short layers at chin length. I was willing to give up 4" and maybe get layers to thicken because the length of my hair was scraggly and sparse but I made the mistake of not being clear with my stylist. Plus he's kind of a bad listener :(

I'm still in shock that I let it happen. I can't deny that my hair looks good and thick and voluminous now but what the hey? Not what I meant to allow.

Good luck, all!

stargazer028
June 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Yep Im an idiot I should have just tyed my hair up and waited and thought about it instead of rushing down to the hairdresser like a maniac lol....

IanB
June 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM
Always a good idea to remember the two week rule. If you start thinking about the scissor brigade, do nothing for two weeks to make sure, very sure that's what you want. Any doubts, don't do it, wait another two weeks.

QueenJoey
June 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
It actually looks kinda cute in your avatar. Kinda rock and roll, you know? Now you can experiment with different styles. I remember right before I came here, I wanted to get a bob and curl my hair or tease it out. Because I thought, while long hair is beautiful, short hair is cute. You're hair will grow back out, for now you get to have fresh ends and start almost from scratch, like a do over.

Pretty sure this isn't helping, but that's just a little optimism to throw in the mix. Good luck.

SilvraShadows
June 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
It is a cute cut!

My daughter did the same. Long to short, it was Christmas time. She was always teasing me about cutting her hair by wearing a cap or knit hat with just the fringe showing saying she had cut her hair, pretending it was short. Well, she came down the stairs that morning with just her fringe showing and she said "mom I cut my hair!" She took off her cap and, yep, she had cut her hair about one inch all around the back with the front fringe long... really, really cute! But after a month she was so sad about it, but it was something she was wanting to do for months and months!

As it has been growing out she is going though such cute styles... and just this week, with summer's beginning, she trimmed up the lengthy fringe to match up the rest. Sometimes I wish she would stop and really look at her hair, it's so dang cute! And what fun while it grows out.

Hang in there, the journey to long again can be fun and enjoy all the lengths from now until then. With all your pampering, your hair will be at its best!

hs_atreides
June 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
I have had a few moments over the last year where I would get to 6-7 weeks between cuts (pixie) and then get so frustrated that I would get a cut that set me back to square one. I try not to think how long my hair would be if I just stuck through it.
We have to remember we are here now so let's get on with the growing :)