PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love hair compliments? : )

nankipoo
June 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

I went to a party yesterday and caught up with a few friends I hadn’t seen in years. I received compliments on my outfit etc. but also a couple on my hair – about how long it was and how nice it looked and so on. It felt good because I’d cut a lot off recently (it was past waist length when straight but now is just about w/l at the longest point).
I’ve also switched hair care regimes and gone back to a leave-in with cones and it seems to have done the trick – my hair looks pretty good! It’s coarse and curly and I’m soooo glad that the serum I use doesn’t relax all the curls. ; )

Just wanted to share and ask you if you’ve received any hair compliments lately.

nankipoo.

Riot Crrl
June 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Mine are usually from older/drunker type of guys who like the color. :? Or occasionally the employees at Sally's.

groque
June 22nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
yes!! I have been recently been getting compliments from friends about how healthy it looks. I am now listening to my hair instead of doing what I think would help. it has been talking to me for years but I just wasn't listening.

Siava
June 23rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
My mother gave me one this weekend. A compliment coming from her is a big deal for me because she's usually telling me I should do this or that to change it, but not this time. This time she said she loved the curls and the natural hi-lights the sun has given my hair. Felt warm and fuzzy all day.

crystal_89
June 23rd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Every now and then I get from some of the girls in my circle of friends "wow, your hair has gotten really long" or "I hate you cos your hair is so long".

And I love it. Its good to know they think my hair is long when on here I feel like my hair is still short in comparison to some of the uber long lengths out there :o

I sometimes also get the "pretty hair" or "shiny hair" compliments from my friends as well.

FrannyG
June 23rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Yes, I do! I admit it! :p I've recently had a rash of teenagers compliment me on my hair, and boy it felt good. It's more than enough inspiration to keep it growing.

Delenn
June 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
I get them on the rare day when I wear it down to work. Most of the time it's bunned, but maybe once every 2-3 weeks I let it fly.

Last week I wore it down and my boss was playfully cutting on another coworker's need for complete and total attention by saying I need to stop wearing my "flowing red hair" down because when I do "I get no attention!" I took it as a compliment. =p

SHELIAANN1969
June 23rd, 2008, 07:21 AM
Mine are usually from older/drunker type of guys who like the color. :? Or occasionally the employees at Sally's.

Lol at this remark, but hey, a compliment is a compliment eh?

:eyebrows:

:cheese:

DavidN
June 23rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Although compliments are not that common, I have had a couple from my co-workers in the last little while, and they are definitely appreciated by this old guy! It certainly makes the journey worthwhile!

wintersun99
June 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM