PDA

View Full Version : Opinion/have you tried Walgreens Clear & natural?

Kirin
March 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I went out looking for a pretty benign, chemical free (and hopefully sls free) shampoo, that was completely devoid of perfumes, fragrance, parabens, so on so fourth. I didnt even want extracts in it, just super simple.

I came across this at walgreens, and i admit i am not the most shampoo ingredient savvy. I bought a bottle for 6.99, and compared some of the ingredients to other shampoos that were organic/natural so on so fourth, and it seemed comparable. I have not tried it, yet, just got it this morning.

Anyone used this? What do you think of the ingredients? Any opnions welcome.

Walgreens Clear & Natural Shampoo:

Description

Formulated without:
Masking fragrance
Formaldehyde
Parabens
Lanolin
Protein
Dyes
Clear & Natural Fragrance Free Shampoo has been formulated for people who want to avoid the common chemical irritants found in many other shampoos.
Clear & Natural Fragrance Free Shampoo gently cleanses both hair and scalp.
Daily use helps remove the flakes and scales of dandruff, controls oily scalp and leaves hair clean and manageable.
Recommended for all hair types, including color treated and permed hair.
It is a perfect daily shampoo for the whole family.
Clear & Natural Fragrance Free Shampoo is non-alkaline for compatibility with skin's normal pH.
It is also gluten-free, alcohol-free and a 100% vegan formula.
Not tested on animals.
Made in Canada.

Water - Aqua , Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropylamine Oxide , Citric Acid , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Tetrasodium EDTA , Potassium Sorbate

Awalia
March 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
PEG-12 Dimethicone, you got cones there :P

Kirin
March 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Arrrrrrgh! LOL. I just noticed that, apparently i cant read on the bottle that well but noticed it copy/pasting from the site listing of ingredients. At least its a water soluable cone LOL. Well if my hair doesnt like it, my huband probably will.

Awalia
March 13th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Well, at least it's not the first ingredient on the list. If it gives no harm to you, it's safe to use. I get itchies from cones.

wolf girl
March 13th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate is just as bad as SLS.

http://www.healthy-communications.com/slsalert.html

I tend to stay away from both....