PDA

View Full Version : I donīt know how, but I DID IT ! NOw I want to keep it. Photos included.

jaquelines
June 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM
So, after 4 years of tryings and errors, bleaching and heen-ing, doing so many stuff with my hair, I have finally managed to have a shiny healthy looking hair.
Here is the proove : http://www.flickr.com/photos/25483836@N07/5852966282/in/photostream

what i want is KEEPING IT THAT WAY ! but i donīt know exactly what i have done.
basically i have used the past months coconut oil as a pre-wash Co-washing, from time to time cleasing with VO5 clarifying, Aubrey peppermint shampoo, and SMT.oh , and of course carefully dillutet ACV rinses. I used to do from time to time home made mask , made out of smashed avocado,olive oil, honey, egg and bannana.ocasionally kiehlīs olice oil treatment conditioner, or sunflower.
very often my hair looked dully and without any shine ( see previous posting ) . even after those treatments i still couldnīt see any improvements. I was angry because no matter what i was doing, nothing changed .
not even when i have used a 99% plant based semi-permanent dye, not even than did my hair look shiny, or healthy.
but NOOOOWWWWW . itīs like waaaw. for me, of course. because i havenīt seen my hair in YEARS looking like that. or maybe never.
maybe itīs the dye ( semi-permanent mix out of manic panic, līoreal, etc..) , i donīt know. it fainted already a bit, but itīs still shiny and soft.i am afraid that once the color itīs fully out, my hair will get back to the dull , shineless "thing" that i had before.
one of the things worth mentioning, is that - no other conditioner has ever worked so good for me other than VO5 ( SKS ). no other! and my biggest problem at this moment is, as mentioned in the swap board, that i donīt have it anymore ( i live in germany, i canīt get it here ) . i have tried at our local store ( DM) for silicon-free products, which they also have, but they make my hair look greasy and not so soft as with VO5.
i washed my hair today and used at the end kiehlīs oilve oil conditioner, which has silicones on it. and well....i am afraid of build up, and donīt wanna use SLS-shampoos.
havenīt figure out how to use silicon conditioners, but not sls-shampoos.

so,my question - how to keep my hair like this ?
and : if i use silicon conditioner, but still using coconutoil as a prewash treatment - will the coconut oil be able to penetrate the hair ? or will the silicones stop it from doing that ?
what should i avoid doing ? what is the common risk when you have "normal" hair , but who needs conditioning ( my hair was obviously chemical treated before ) ?

and again, because i am so happy, my hair : :cheese:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25483836@N07/5852966282/in/photostream

Gaelle27
June 20th, 2011, 08:42 AM
that's a brigth colour! Congrats!

jaquelines
June 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
that's a brigth colour! Congrats!
:othank you

Gaelle27
June 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry i cant help, but I never die my hair and simply dont know how to treat it. But it must be a tot of sites in internet...or you can also ask anya: http://www.rainbowhaircolour.com/
Let me say, it takes a lot of courage to do some think like this! Again, congratulations!

Gaelle27
June 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM
sorry, its this one:http://www.rainbowhaircolour.com/blog/

Peggy E.
June 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Well, I guess I'd just continue what it is you've been doing all along now to get it to this point. I don't dye my hair, either, so am not sure how long you can expect a semi-perm color to last, particularly one as vibrant as that you are now wearing.

After a while, you may find that the processing - even though a semi-perm - will begin to wear on your hair and you might have to let the coloring go for a while.

Looks like it's nice and thick!

teela1978
June 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Hmmm... this shiny soft thing is a new development since the last dye? Did you use the conditioning packet that came with the semi-permanent portion of the dye? That stuff is usually full of cones. Not a bad thing. I use cones all the time, my hair isn't nearly as shiny or easy to handle without them. Perhaps try cones for a bit? I find that coconut oil still penetrates through cones.

RitaCeleste
June 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I color my hair. I'm doing more for it than I was. I'm usually co-washing but somethings I like have cones so occasionally I use shampoo if I condition and it doesn't seem to soak in. I really like oils. I tried going without them for awhile, didn't work. Sometimes I need a protein treatment. That's it for me. But the color looks great on you too!

vanity_acefake
June 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I love your hair. My hair used to be many bright colours but pillarbox red was my favourite. Sadly as I am so dark my hair suffered so much from the bleaching. Ah how I miss those rainbow bright days.
:)

pink.sara
June 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hiya, very nice colour :)

I have also been a bleached bright colour addict for forever, I can't answer all of your questions as I personally don't use and acid ACV rinse, protein masks, or go cone free.
What I can say is I always coconut oil before bleaching, and I also use it for heavy overnight oilings and wash in the morning. I use a mild almond shampoo but always a heavy cone conditioner and never clarify and the coconut still sinks in. (I use serums too.)
The v05 conditioners are nowhere near moisturising enough for my dry ends as a result of repeated heavy bleaching and only coconut oil and henna have improved the condition.
Also I found throwing every treatment under the sun at it in one go was the worst thing to do, mainly because bleached hair is porus and soaks up whatever you put on it like a sponge resulting in coated hair build up and dullness, and even in the case of too much protein brittle crunchy ends :(
I would pick one thing and stick to it for at least 2-3 weeks then change to see what works for you. Like keep CO with no cones and use coconut oiling OR SMT, note results
then change one thing in your routine.
This is how I discovered that for me eggs=brittle, ACV=dry and tangly and no cones=breakage. But coconut oil=soft shiny lovely hair!

Good luck! :D

KittyLost
June 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Wow. Awesome hair!!

jaquelines
June 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
thank you for the input so far.
@pink.sara - yeah, what you wrote kept me thinking too. except that i used from time to time cones, i did mixed everything together. maybe i had build up, i don´t know.
especially when the color fades out, my hair starts looking not healthy and shineless.
no, there were no conditioner packing together with the dye. i simply applied it and let it sit. it was about 2 weeks ago and the color is still there.
i wanted to start using a bit of cones, but since i use regularry coconut oil, wich i get very very good along with, (@pink.sara my hair sinks too in that thing ) , i was concerned about the real benefits of the usage of coconut and if the cone-film is blocking the oil to penetrate the hair.
i am afraid that my hair will look good for another week and than will start all over with the dulliness and all the rest.
by the way , that site of anya was impressive !

i am at this point where i see that from time to time cone is good, but i still want to be able to use my coconutoil with the same benefits as if i wouldn´t use cones.

CurlAhead
June 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I LOVE the color, absolutely stunning!! Congratulations!

jaquelines
June 29th, 2011, 09:19 AM
thank you !