PDA

View Full Version : Newly brunette and need help! (longish)

Kristamommyx3
June 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I decided that I no longer want to bleach my gair, so I waited the appropriate two weeks, and went to my hairdressers and had her color my hair a warm chocolate brown. The problem was that once I got home, my roots were a good few shades lighter than my ends. :mad: The lighting was too dim in the salon to tell. So I broke down and bought some Suave clarifying shampoo, and washed the ends at least ten times in the last three days. Ugh, I hate that part. Anyway, now it's nice and even, I really love it, and I did a good olive oil, coconut oil and honey treatment tonight. My problem is this, I always just wash my scalp and let the suds run down the length and rinse, so I don't wear out the ends with my daily washing( which due to allergies is not an option, unfortunately) . I only wash the ends thoroughly about once every fourth wash or so. I am worried that this routine, which is perfect for my hair and scalp, will fade out my roots faster than my length again!!! :(. What can I do to help it fade evenly or prevent the roots from fading to lighter than the ends. I do realize that the porousness of the ends caused this to happen, but I don't know how to keep the status quo now. Any suggestions?:confused:

|Xei
June 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM
When I used Punky Colours (deposit only crazy colour dye), it'll fade super quickly with shampooing. Then I started CO-washing, and the colour remained vibrant for 3 times as long. So maybe you can give CO-washing a try?

kitten1986
June 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
If I were you I would be on the look out for a colour friendly shampoo which will stop it from fading so quickly :D

vanillabones
June 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
You should have gone back right away and had them fix it!

caiti42
June 20th, 2011, 02:13 AM
It's pretty much going to happen until the bleach grows out. You can't put a colour over two different shades and have it come out exactly the same. By about your 3rd go at brown it will improve as the bleach retains the brown a little more :)

curlymarcia
June 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM
There are color shampoos, that avoid color fading (there are in red, brown and black, golden, etc). There are also color hair mask, but are better for maintainning the color than as hair mask. You can also make your own organic color keeper (for example coffee rinses). I do prefer the color shampoos.

jojo
June 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM
^^ the colour shampoos are pretty good or if you want natural, leave off the honey but use molasses in place of it!

bella77
June 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Add conditioner from ears down, shampoo scalp while keeping conditioner on the ends, then rinse it all out and condition the ends again.