PDA

View Full Version : Thining hair !

Bller
June 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
My hair has grown quite alot lately, it`s near my waist, but I feel it considerably thinner. I don`t know why i think that this is done by my conditioner. Anyway, i would like to know, if you had my problem, and how did you cope it ?

Thanks !
:confused:

ange1ito
June 19th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I had a major shed last year but it was due to stress and poor diet. Conditioner is a must for me since my hair becomes very dry when past bra strap. Have you tried any without cone's they are apparently supposed to be better.

Bller
June 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I had a major shed last year but it was due to stress and poor diet. Conditioner is a must for me since my hair becomes very dry when past bra strap. Have you tried any without cone's they are apparently supposed to be better.

I don`t comb my hair anymore, and it didn`t shed too much untill a few months ago, when i started to shed a bit of hair. I only see sheded hair, on my hair bands, but still it ain`t much. But overall, i feel it thinning, at least my ends are trimmed by myself quite so often, but they are still dry, and so thin, and brake easely.

I tried using house soup made by my grandparrents for a while, to stop using commercial shampoo`s, but didn`t quite work at all.

Jcv-Shelley
June 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
My hair hasn't been thinning at all recently but I know of ways that others have suggested that might help you. If it's just at the ends then a simple trim now and then usually fixes the problem. Have you tried srunchies? I heard something about cinnamon and honey paste for thinning hair as well. Also, if you pull your updos back to hard it creates tension and headaches. You might want to see if your hair has too much protein.

Bller
June 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM
My hair hasn't been thinning at all recently but I know of ways that others have suggested that might help you. If it's just at the ends then a simple trim now and then usually fixes the problem. Have you tried srunchies? I heard something about cinnamon and honey paste for thinning hair as well. Also, if you pull your updos back to hard it creates tension and headaches. You might want to see if your hair has too much protein.

Hmm, i don`t know about the protein of my hair, i wash it at about a week, and yeah, it`s hot as hell in my country this time of year, and i usually keep my hair tight in all sorts of positions to get it off my body. and when i untie it, i have a lot of broken hair on my hair band, but in the rest, when i keep it loose, it doens`t seem to sheed as much.

Red_Wednesday
June 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
My hair has grown quite alot lately, it`s near my waist, but I feel it considerably thinner. I don`t know why i think that this is done by my conditioner. Anyway, i would like to know, if you had my problem, and how did you cope it ?

Thanks !
:confused:

You might be allergic to your conditioner. I had a similar situation where I found I was allergic to an ingredient in Herbal Essence Conditioner. When I used HE, my scalp started to itch and i shed like crazy whenever I used it. As first I thought it was just in my mind, but when i tried just using a cheapy V05 product, it didn't happen, so I put two and two together and realized it was the HE conditioner.

If I were to make a suggestion, I was say try clarifying your hair to remove any old products you might have on it. Then try conditioning with 1 jar of baby food bananas, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice, and 1 table of EVOO. This has always made a huge difference for me. It sounds like the ends of your hair might also have build up on them, so by clarifying it will remove any of this, and then the bananas will add back some strength without the protein effect. If the EVOO seems too heavy or oily after you have tried it you can always switch is out for jojoba oil, which is lighter. If your hair feels too mushy afterwards, which I doubt it will, but if it does you could try adding coconut oil in place of EVOO. You will probably need to do some experimenting, but this combo will allow you to do it without adding any more damage.

Bananas are very good for hair. It's the top ingredient in the Caramel Treatment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=454).

I would NOT use real bananas though because you'll have to pick the pulp out:rolleyes:. Baby food bananas eliminates this. Also, you can see from the caramel recipe that you can add honey and other things, I didn't suggest this initially only because everyone's hair is different and honey doesn't agree with everyone's hair, particularly mine. So, if the basic recipe I suggested above seems to work, then you should be able to try adding those other things no problem.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

pinknika
June 19th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Are you trimming? I find that when I don't trim my hair regularly, even like a few milimeters, my ends start look very thin compared to my hair closer to my scalp. I know there are a lot of no trimmers here, but it has helped me with the fullness close to my ends. I would def switch up the condish and also try for more growth and possibly do a treatment with your scalp with essential oils mentioned in this thread: Essential Oils for Hair loss and Shedding (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2001)

Madora
June 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
First of all, eat healthy and drink plenty of water and exercise.

Secondly, brush your hair! With a pure boar bristle brush. Your follicles need exercising too! Do it daily! Brushing invigorates your scalp, makes your hair shiny and soft, exercises the follicles and removes lint and stuff from your hair AND distributes the natural sebum down your hair strands.

To help the overall appearance of your hair - and make it look thicker - try giving it a good trim - at least 3 inches. Scraggly ends only makes thinning hair look worse.

If the condition persists, then a visit to a trichologist (a hair doctor) is a good idea. Also have a complete blood panel workup and have your thyroid checked too.

Good luck!

homeeduk8tor
June 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
First of all, eat healthy and drink plenty of water and exercise.

Secondly, brush your hair! With a pure boar bristle brush. Your follicles need exercising too! Do it daily! Brushing invigorates your scalp, makes your hair shiny and soft, exercises the follicles and removes lint and stuff from your hair AND distributes the natural sebum down your hair strands.

To help the overall appearance of your hair - and make it look thicker - try giving it a good trim - at least 3 inches. Scraggly ends only makes thinning hair look worse.

If the condition persists, then a visit to a trichologist (a hair doctor) is a good idea. Also have a complete blood panel workup and have your thyroid checked too.

Good luck!

All good advice, Madora! I totally second the brushing with the BBB and trimming.