PDA

View Full Version : super easy peasy styles for school?

darkrose
June 19th, 2011, 03:27 AM
in the morning before school my hair looks nice, by the end of school my hair is a frizzball.:/ so i have decided for proctection as well to always keep my hair up. yesterday i just managed a bun with one of those hair clip things :) . is there any hairstyles that will help keep the frizz away ? and braids always fall out, is there also anything im missing for braids that stay in?
im a complete newbie to hair, and im still beaming from achiveing a bun!:D:cheese:and a bun is supposed to be the easiest thing you can do with hair.....

bunzfan
June 19th, 2011, 03:29 AM
You could always try a simple braid with some gel put through your hair first.

Jules2910
June 19th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I am new and at shoulder length with some layers an inch or two shorter so don't have too much to suggest but I do the lazy bun and lice it, love cute doubles like double braids or double lazy buns!

darkrose
June 19th, 2011, 04:49 AM
im gonna try gel for double braids, thanks for the advice !:)

terpentyna
June 19th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I tend to leave a hairstyle in for a few days if I have morning classes. So I find that in my case, it's best to take a little more time doing something just a tad more complicated, so that I can save time later. Like two criss crossed dutch braids that I can put up with pins or something and be ready to go.

But there are a ton of hairstyle posts everywhere, just go to the hairstyle of the month forum - that's the easiest...

tinti
June 19th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Do you have a big claw clip? If you do then you can just twist your hair up, put the clip over the twist, let the ends fan out or poke up as they please and go.

Anje
June 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Definitely try double buns. From your measurements, I'm guessing your hair is pretty short and just barely goes into a single bun with quite a bit managing to fall out during the day. Two buns will shorten the distance the hair has to go to reach the bun. (Also, as your hair grows, there should be somewhat less frizz, though there will always be baby hairs that won't reach.)

It takes a little practice and patience, but french and dutch braids (single and double) also both contain frizz pretty well.

Finally, given that you've got curly hair, you might want to consider a leave-in. Alcohol-free hair gel is good at keeping curls from frizzing, and not fully rinsing out conditioner is also popular. I find I get way more frizz when I use shampoo at all, so if conditioner-only washing works for you, it's another frizz-reducer for many.

Arniky
June 19th, 2011, 10:03 AM
having a bun is simple and easy. if no tangles are there a pony tail is good, use to hav half braid, braid, pony tail and buns in school