PDA

View Full Version : Your Hair's Own Page on Facebook?

darkwaves
June 18th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Tonight, I stumbled across Elena Yeung's Hair Facebook page.

In November, this Canadian musician shared some of her hair story on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/elenayeung/blog/540410588), mentioning 30" (measured how? I don't know). In the photos I've found, it doesn't look much beyond waist or hip -- but perhaps pictures are old?

Anyway, I'm curious -- anyone know how long EY's hair is? It looks lovely in her long braids, but not long by LHC standards...

And, okay, the real reason I'm posting... This makes me wonder: How long does your hair have to grow to warrant its own Facebook page? (Mine is now tbl, but no Facebook page.)

sycamoreboutiqu
June 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I love that idea - dang, my hair is getting it's own page tonight !

How long does it has to be, any length I suppose. It is all about the journey.

UltraBella
June 19th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I think it has to be pretty extreme for it's own page. Super long, super thick, or even super funky maybe. Quite a ways out of the ordinary gets my vote.

sycamoreboutiqu
June 19th, 2011, 12:04 AM
And since it looks to be waist with braids ( Indian braids, one on each side) I would guess it is at least hip.
I am at about 37" right now and barely at hip, so it depends on your height.

sycamoreboutiqu
June 19th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Ultrabella - Come on now, don't you think your hair deserves it's own page ??

You have some fantastic hair, give credit where credit is due. Give it it's own page !

jaine
June 19th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Hmmm, I personally wouldn't make a facebook page for my hair regardless of length... it's just a bit much.
(but my cats are both on facebook... :))

UltraBella
June 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Ultrabella - Come on now, don't you think your hair deserves it's own page ??

You have some fantastic hair, give credit where credit is due. Give it it's own page !

Lol, definitely not happening. Thank you for the compliment though.
Now my chihuahua ~ Tito ~ he could have his own page. He is naughty enough for several status updates daily !
My current FB status : Dear Tito, please try to refrain from dragging my most expensive shoes into the living room and peeing on them. Also, that bra you chewed up was my favorite. Considering you are 5 yrs old I can no longer blame it on the "puppy stage". Please quit being a turd when I go to work.

Qamar
June 19th, 2011, 12:51 AM
30 " was a bit past waist for me. At 39", my hair doesn't have its own facebook page, but it has its own dedicated FB photo album. My albino rosy boa snake has her own FB page however, and quite a few friends!

Renbirde
June 19th, 2011, 01:05 AM
30 LHC inches is just shy of waist on me, and 30 inches from my hairline down the front of my body (my best guess for a "street" 30") is just past hip. Long, very pretty, but not extraordinary. I wouldn't make a FB page for it. :shrug: Of course, I'm also not trying to forge a Presence. I don't need to market myself, where she should use everything at her disposal (that suits her morals) to sell her music. If she's okay with it, good for her.

Juneii
June 19th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I think it's like the people who make facebook pages/accounts for their babies or pets... what is the purpose?

IanB
June 19th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Perhaps an album on something like Flickr would be better?

Maverick494
June 19th, 2011, 04:08 AM
In November, this Canadian musician shared some of her hair story on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/elenayeung/blog/540410588), mentioning 30" (measured how? I don't know). In the photos I've found, it doesn't look much beyond waist or hip -- but perhaps pictures are old?

Well, My hair is at waist now and it's 33" inches measured according to the LHC method. I'm 5'10 so it takes longer for my hair to get to a certain milestone than it does on shorter people. If there's a downside to being tall, this is it :mad:

pepperminttea
June 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Well, My hair is at waist now and it's 33" inches measured according to the LHC method. I'm 5'10 so it takes longer for my hair to get to a certain milestone than it does on shorter people. If there's a downside to being tall, this is it :mad:

I feel your pain; we're the same height. Lucky darn shorties! :p