PDA

View Full Version : Tapered ends?

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Will it matter if i'm growing to terminal if i have layers in my hair already?
Because if it grows to terminal, i am assuming the hairs all have different times to grow and shed off to even then, it will not be a straight blunt look. It'll all be like fairy tale ends right?
And it's curly anyways so i don't think i could ever really achieve a great blunt look.
I don't know if it matters or if it will affect my hair in any way to have layers in.

jaine
June 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
That is correct - all of your current "haircut" will shed eventually, and it will be replaced with new hairs growing towards their terminal length.

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
That is correct - all of your current "haircut" will shed eventually, and it will be replaced with new hairs growing towards their terminal length.
So it will all be uneven anyways right in the end?

IanB
June 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think your layers or curls will affect the way your hair would look at terminal. I think the somewhat "ragged" look is more interesting than a blunt hem, just my opinion. Your choice of course and whatever you choose, it will look fantastic

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I don't think your layers or curls will affect the way your hair would look at terminal. I think the somewhat "ragged" look is more interesting than a blunt hem, just my opinion. Your choice of course and whatever you choose, it will look fantastic
Ah alrite :) Well if it will just all be uneven and "ragged" anyways, no point of bothering with those cuts anyways then. :)

ericthegreat
June 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
If your personal goal is terminal length, then no there really is no reason to keep trimming away to a straight one-length look. Everyone's hair naturally grows out in layers, with the hair at the back of the neck being much longer than your bangs and the hair at your sides given their natural respective positions on your head. Keeping a straight hemline is really more of a aesthetic preference, however I will admit that I myself actually prefer the one-length look, because it does make my ends look their fullest and thickest.

For you my friend, your hair looks great just the way it is, you don't need to trim at all, unless at some point in the future you may want to get a straight hemline again. Congrats again on reaching midback length! :beercheer:

spidermom
June 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Exactly. Over time it won't matter at all. You will always have hair of every length because old hairs shed out and new hairs grow in every day. I like to keep the bottom trimmed so that it looks thicker; maintaining a chosen appearance and controlling damage are the only reasons to cut.

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
If your personal goal is terminal length, then no there really is no reason to keep trimming away to a straight one-length look. Everyone's hair naturally grows out in layers, with the hair at the back of the neck being much longer than your bangs and the hair at your sides given their natural respective positions on your head. Keeping a straight hemline is really more of a aesthetic preference, however I will admit that I myself actually prefer the one-length look, because it does make my ends look their fullest and thickest.

For you my friend, your hair looks great just the way it is, you don't need to trim at all, unless at some point in the future you may want to get a straight hemline again. Congrats again on reaching midback length! :beercheer:
Ah ok so no worries at all! :D Thank you! :)Now on to waist!

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Exactly. Over time it won't matter at all. You will always have hair of every length because old hairs shed out and new hairs grow in every day. I like to keep the bottom trimmed so that it looks thicker; maintaining a chosen appearance and controlling damage are the only reasons to cut.

Oh, man, why didn't i realize this earlier? Duh moment here, i look at my new hairs everyday :o
I love your hair in your picture

QueenJoey
June 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Were you the one who posted that link of the woman on youtube with floor length hair tossing it out a window? Her name was Samantha or something. She had some shorter strands, the shortest at about tailbone. It looked amazing, more amazing (in my opinion) than if it had had a blunt cut. The layers gave it a more mystical look.

EtherealOde
June 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Ah ok so no worries at all! :D Thank you! :)Now on to waist!
There's a good attitude! :)

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Were you the one who posted that link of the woman on youtube with floor length hair tossing it out a window? Her name was Samantha or something. She had some shorter strands, the shortest at about tailbone. It looked amazing, more amazing (in my opinion) than if it had had a blunt cut. The layers gave it a more mystical look.
Yes i am :D Now that i think of it, that is the reason why i did think it seemed "magical". :p Reminds me more of the medieval times actually.
I may not be able to have magic, but at least my hair will make me feel like i do :p

Xandergrammy
June 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think of fairy tale ends as "uneven" or "ragged". I think they are beautiful, and yours are going to be amazing. :inlove:

gthlvrmx
June 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think of fairy tale ends as "uneven" or "ragged". I think they are beautiful, and yours are going to be amazing. :inlove:
Hahaha! That is a great way to look at it, it's unfamiliar to see and hear those things about hair that isn't cut or "styled".