PDA

View Full Version : Coloring it AGAIN!

RitaCeleste
June 17th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Well, I haven't tried to turn it blue yet. I'm just trying a new shade of red. And no, I didn't do a test. I like surprises! I have 35 mins til I rinse and 30 for deep conditioning. Then in about another hour it'll be dry enough to see what color it turned. I'm hoping for a really bright, unnatural shade. The last time I used this brand, I don't think I left it on long enough. I got a classy auburn instead with the other shade. Its almost to my waist now, I loaded it down with coconut oil first to help protect it. Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm not brave enough to commit to henna. I'm here in my cap thinking about HAIR! I've been at my ex's for the summer and my hair routine has been haphazard at best. Its great to see everybody, I've missed being on the boards.

Slinks
June 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm curious .. I know the differance between dye and henna, what I don't know is, what's the differance between using them .. I see lots of "I'm not ready to commit to henna yet" yet both the dye and the henna have to be grown out ? what am I missing .. :-)

Are you going to show pictures ..

twilight_faerie
June 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'm curious .. I know the differance between dye and henna, what I don't know is, what's the differance between using them .. I see lots of "I'm not ready to commit to henna yet" yet both the dye and the henna have to be grown out ? what am I missing .. :-)

Once you use henna, it's incredibly difficult to get it out of your hair, much more so than chemical dye. Not to mention, chemical dyes fade over time, while henna doesn't.

Valdeon
June 17th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Are you going to show pictures ..

With henna it is all or nothing - it is absolutely impossible to get rid of, hennaed hair doesn't hold dye at all. It is either you grow it out or keep hennaing till the end of the world.

Box dye fades pretty quickly and if you want to you may change the color, the intensity at your own will. Blond, brown... you name it!

So that is why if someone is not ready to become a red head forever and ever and ever, they say they are not ready to commit for it is the commitment, indeed.

Slinks
June 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
ah .. thank you twilight and valdeon :-) much explained ..

KittyLost
June 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
What are you colouring with? I enjoy a colour change :)

RitaCeleste
June 17th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, sometimes I color it red in different shades, burgundy, auburn, brown. I want a very blue blue black for this winter. Henna is forever. With even dark chemical dyes I can use a color remover and take the dark out and go lighter pretty easily. It does damage the hair and henna doesn't though. I don't intend to try and grow my hair out all natural again, ever, if I can help it. If I can get a thick hemline at waist length, I'm happy. If it gets to my hips that's more than I dream of.

This time the color turned out fairly dark red at the roots which should be a bit hot rooted. I'm thinking this is gonna be a pretty natural dark red color. I might be able to get my sister to take a pic tomorrow when she comes over so I can post it. I'm sure if I asked my ex to photo my head he'd die laughing at me and pick on me. So far all the Satin developlus brand hair colors have turned out pretty natural looking, very classy high-end colors. I was going for cheap and tawdry!:D Anyway, the cocnut oil works amazing to protect hair when you color. I didn't put it on heavy at the roots and you can really tell the difference. My roots feel dry even after deep conditioning but the areas that had the most oil were protected best and it didn't affect the even coloring of the hair at all.

RitaCeleste
June 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Kittylost, I LOVE that color! I've been wanting to try Adore semi permanent colors but I've been worried about the color bleeding onto clothes and pillows. Still, I want the fun colors of the semi-permanent colors. Right now I have color stripper and a bottle of blue and a bottle of black that make indigo when mixed just waiting to be used...

vanity_acefake
June 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ooh can't wait to see your new colour.

Glad you had a lovely holiday.

curlymarcia
June 17th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm curious about your hair color, how it turned out? do you have pics?

IStand4u
June 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Pics? PLEASEEEE!!!!!

KittyLost
June 18th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Kittylost, I LOVE that color! I've been wanting to try Adore semi permanent colors but I've been worried about the color bleeding onto clothes and pillows. Still, I want the fun colors of the semi-permanent colors. Right now I have color stripper and a bottle of blue and a bottle of black that make indigo when mixed just waiting to be used...

Thank you :) I've not used adore before. I've tried most major veggie dyes such as SFX, Manic Panic, Crazy Colour but I always go back to my personal favourite of Directions. I never really recieved bleeding with my blue but I do know someone who was a smurf the first few days of dying her hair blue. Purples always bleed worse for me. You can always try a white vinegar/water rinse to minimise bleeding of dye and the colour staining materials it works quite well :) it sounds lovely the blue/black. Post pictures when you are ready to do it!

RitaCeleste
June 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I'm stuck waiting my sister and her phone camera :(. Its not too different from the pic I have up, just a little darker. It ended up having more brown in it than I was expecting. It had faded so bad it seemed like more of a change. Next time I color it, I'm gonna strip it and try to get it blue. Then I'll fight with purple and hope that rinse works. I have to tone down my colors some so the kids teachers don't look dirty at me when I go to meetings.

RitaCeleste
June 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I put up a new pic but the color isn't showing up as well. I stuck one from the front in my album.

Slinks
June 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
oooooohhhhhhh ... that's a lot darker than you said !! lol :-) you said it wasn't much darker than your other avatar .. wow .. smokin' hot .. you also say it's not showing up well .. lol, your eyes deceive you !! nice colour :-)

Kathie
June 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
That is a very pretty dark red/auburn :thumbsup:

RitaCeleste
June 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks! The other picture had better lighting even though I went outside for this one. Her phone cam is evil sometimes. I like this color better than the last one. It was Developlus Satin hair color 6CV and it looks nothing like the swatch on their site. That happened with both reds, they looked more unnatural on the site than they do in RL. I have a brown by them also but I've put off using it because it'll need to be stripped out to go to any other color.