PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a low hairline in the back?

cloud29
June 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone. I have a particularly low hairline at the back of my neck.

I am very anxious to grow out my hair so that the short layers in back can all reach when I put it up. I am constantly pinning up the ones that fall.

Has anybody else had to deal with a low hairline in back?

longhairdntcare
June 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes! I hate mine, I want it lasered off. I really need longer hair for this reason lol, so annoying to have to worry about them falling out of a pony!

skyblue
June 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I don't mind mine it's in the back I never see it lol

torrilin
June 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Not sure what you mean by "low"?

I do have a lot of short tendrils at the nape of my neck. They've got a short terminal, so they're a forever sort of thing. Doesn't matter how long the main body of my hair gets, they won't catch up. Same for my sister-outlaw, who is a solid hip, and a friend of ours who is edging towards tailbone. We all tend to wear updos that are on the nape of the neck, or fairly low on the head, probably for the same reason. Tangles containment.

curlymarcia
June 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Yes, I have some curls at my nape that are a lot shorter than my hair.

Seharia
June 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
How about non existent?
Well mine isn't really that bad it's just very gradual so I have a lot of short hairs on my neck. They don't bother me much though cause I can't see them. The ones in front are much more annoying sometimes people even think I have bangs/fringe but my hair is just like that. :shrug:

Juneii
June 17th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I do, they run down the sides of my nape to around the middle of my neck. They're like little devil horns since the center of my nape hair is high up so it makes an inverted U shape. If that makes any sense at all.

Dr. Girlfriend
June 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I have a fairly low hairline all around. I was nicknamed 'three head' when I was younger because it's too low for a forehead, yuk, yuk. I also have the shorter hairs that curl at the nape of my neck but I like them, think they kind of soften my ponytails and buns when I wear my hair up.

cloud29
June 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Oh, how nice to hear that other people understand that feeling. Sometimes I am thinking, "hey there shoudn't be hair all the way down here." I guess Ill always have those little hairs that grow further down my neck then I would want, but I dont like the look of bangs :) on the back of my neck when the rest my hair is up.

Audrey Horne
June 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I do. And it's still impossible for me to make a bun because I grow my bangs out too. Everything falls apart. I hope it's going to work in a year.