PDA

View Full Version : Measure the thickness of your hair

Igor
June 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Okay, before I give the link I need to say that I couldn’t this method it to work, but my laser pointer is one of those with a USB storage device and a pen in it as well so we think with a better pointer it may actually work

Anyways, here is the link:
Measure the thickness of your hair! (http://www.fysikbasen.dk/English.php?page=HairMeasure)

:toast:

orangeeyecrayon
June 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
I looked at it but i wont be trying it,
just cause if you tape your hair to the laser pointer it will change the spectrum you recieve and things like that

basicly there are to many factors to this experiment

jojo
June 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM
I am being really thick here, but I really don't understand what you do?

Patrycja
June 21st, 2008, 06:27 PM
I know I have thinner ii hair.As for inches and such...I'd rather not know.And I don't have a laser pointer :(

Poolsoflaughter
June 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hmm...it seems like a neat experiment and all, but I don't have a: the proper equipment b: thick hair, so I'd get depressed and c: any kind of attention span, so I would fail miserably..huh, what was I saying? :silly: Thanks for the information about it, though.

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I don't have a laser pointer either. I just measure it around with a measuring tape. :) 6 inches.

jojo
June 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Whats a laser pointer? Im totally clueless on this one!

flapjack
June 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think orangeeyecrayon is onto something, here. I am seeing a lot of variables that will throw things off in this experiment.... surrounding air being one of them, actually, hahaha.

AprilElf
June 21st, 2008, 07:04 PM
From my understanding, you're measuring an individual hair's thickness in this experiment, aren't you?

I love this sentence:
"You should probably be two persons when performing the experiment."
:p

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Oh... yes! You are correct! I misunderstood. There is a link with a demonstration off of the first link. I still do not have a laser pointer though. :/

freznow
June 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
From my understanding, you're measuring an individual hair's thickness in this experiment, aren't you?

I love this sentence:
"You should probably be two persons when performing the experiment."
:p

Yes, it's measuring F/M/C not i/ii/iii (in LHC terms)

I don't have a laser pointer, but I wish I could try this!

Riot Crrl
June 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
I think that all my laser pointers were stolen by cats. They probably thought it was too mean since they chased the dot all around and could never catch it.

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 07:34 PM
:lol: I can just picture that!! :D

julya
June 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Oh wow, thanks for posing this. I want to try it out. Now if only I can find one of our laser pointers.