PDA

View Full Version : Another compliment :D

tinti
June 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
From my sister this time. We have a pretty special relationship, and I love her to death. So me, my sis and my dad was at my dads place eating dinner to celebrate his birthday, and when I was on my way home and she was going the same way to visit a friend she suddenly says "Wow, your hair smells so good!" I was like: Oh really? because it was like six days since I washed my hair last time (but it was perfectly clean still, due to rooibos tea I suspect). She said "yeah, it smells like coconuts!" Then I just told her about coconut oil and how I used it as both a leave in and a deep overnight treatment. She was like "Wow, I would love to have my hair smell like coconuts!" I was kinda wow'ed, and I started wondering what coconut oil would do to her hair. She has fine i hair that is getting really wurly, especially at the ends. And I think it's pretty damaged from flat irons and dyes.

BroadwayBeauty
June 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Congrats on the great compliment! I always love it when someone tells me hy hair smells good or asks me about my hair :)

littlenvy
June 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
That's great :)
It is so nice when our loves ones notice our efforts and our hair. :) Congrats!

bunzfan
June 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Sweet. There's nothing better than a hair compliment especially from a sister:)

QueenJoey
June 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I don't know what it is, but one of my favorite hair compliments is when people comment on how good my hair smells. Congrats! And from a sister? that's almost better than a compliment from a child. :)

IanB
June 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Yep. compliments are great, they cancel out the negative comments and give you even more reason to carry on. Congratulations by the way.

tinti
June 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone! Yeah, compliments are great and shows that you're doing something right :)
QueenJoey: take a peak at this article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71) if you want to know more about oiling!

vanillabones
June 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I have F 'i' hair and I love coconut oil...

tinti
June 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Cool! Then I'll take my tub with me when I'm there next time and see ;)