PDA

View Full Version : Did switching to shampoo bars change how often you needed to wash?

shikara
June 16th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hmmm, not sure what to put here, other than repeat the title hehe..... Once you switched from liquid shampoos to shampoo bars, did you need to wash more often (or less)?

pixi_stix
June 17th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I have to wash more often when I use a shampoo bar. But that could be because I end up using too much to get a bit of a lather

young&reckless
June 17th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I was about the same.

I am a daily washer because I work out almost every day. However, I do sometimes skip a wash when I'm using poo bars as my roots look better on day two if I do not get all sweaty.

ladyfey
June 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
less often for me.

kouran
June 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Yes it did. I have oily hair, and I have noticed that my hair became less oily. I've been washing my hair twice a week, but I will wash it once a week again, thanks to the shampoo bars. The bar I have been using lathers very well, better than my shampoo actually.

Gabriel
June 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
The same. I've been using shampoo bars for a couple of years now. I scalp wash every other day (I work out almost daily too) and full wash once a week.

Sabriel
June 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM
They definitely help stretch washes. I think the biggest reason for that is they don't contain sulfates - I haven't done enough experimenting with non-SLS liquid shampoos to say how they compare for me, but it's definitely a HUGE difference from SLS shampoos. Also, if you're trying to stretch washes, I recommend trying some shampoo bars that are recommended for oily hair.

(Some shampoo bars do contain sulfates - Lush is the only brand that comes to mind - but the ones that the majority of LHCers use don't - CV bars, PLH, ect)