PDA

View Full Version : My first brais waves attempt, with pic

CastaDiva
June 16th, 2011, 06:28 AM
This is a picture of my first braid waves attempt from last night. I didn`t have time to keep the hair braided for longer than two hours. I had made four braids, and it shows, because the hair is partly separated into four sections, and I don`t have waves all the way down to the ends. Also I didn`t brush or comb it because I was afraid that the waves would be less visible. Next time I`ll try only one or two braids and keep the hair braided a bit longer and maybe gently brush or comb it so that the ends, hopefully, stay a bit more gathered and look a bit better. Anyway, even if it wasn`t a huge success the first time, at least you get an idea of the length and color.

ETA: Deleted the picture.

Gypsygirl
June 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Gorgeous! I love your hair color, too!

Braid waves work better on layered hair, I think... try bunning or rag curls instead if you are unhappy with your braid wave result. :flower:

UltraBella
June 16th, 2011, 07:42 AM
So pretty !!!

Madora
June 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Casta Diva, your hair looks fabulous! I think the braid waves are beautiful..and your hair color...like sparkling champagne! What's not to love?!!!

Mrspuddinhead
June 16th, 2011, 08:13 AM
So pretty!! Love the length and color. If you want waves a little closer to the roots try Dutch braids. Tis what I do and I love the way they make my hair look. Picture below.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qizf6c.jpg

pixiestar
June 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Love waves and colour:D

CastaDiva
June 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Gypsygirl, UltraBella, Madora, Mrspuddinhead and pixiestar, thank you so much for your kind comments:flower:

Mrspuddinhead
June 17th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Gypsygirl, UltraBella, Madora, Mrspuddinhead and pixiestar, thank you so much for your kind comments:flower:

You are ultra welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Your hair color is close to my natural color. Is this your natural hair color??

CastaDiva
June 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
You are ultra welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Your hair color is close to my natural color. Is this your natural hair color??
Yes, this is my natural hair color. What would you call it?
And I so regret that I posted the picture because I guess my hair looks really awful:( So no more pics from me in a loooong time!!
But thank you for your comments, Mrspuddinhead, I really appreciate it:flowers: Your braid waves look so much better than mine, I`m not sure if I can call mine waves anymore...

Slinks
June 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
nice looking waves :-)

CrystalStar
June 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Your hair is so pretty and silky looking!

ArienEllariel
June 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I wish I had your hair! So so pretty!

Valdeon
June 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM
It looks like silk :)

CastaDiva
June 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Slinks, CrystalStar, ArienEllariel and Valdeon, thank you for your kind comments:flower: Feedback from fellow LCH`ers is always greatly appreciated!

ArienEllariel, your hair looks so healthy and thick!

CrystalStar, your hair has an amazing shine!

Valdeon, love you hair color!

Dragon
June 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Nice braid waves :)

FarmGirl
June 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Nice!! I've found that making 1 or 2 rope braids gives me more realistic looking spiral waves.. instead of the "crimping" that braids give me. But I love how they look on you! :D

CastaDiva
June 18th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Dragon, FarmGirl, thank you:flower: And thanks to you who have given me advise on how to make braid waves:)

Dragon
June 18th, 2011, 04:23 AM
One thing I find helps with braid waves is to plait it while damp.

Mirsha
June 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I'm having some serious hair colour envy at the moment, your hair is gorgeous!

Charlotte
June 18th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Lovely first attempt! :flower: I have found the more I braid my hair the more "memory" and "hold" my hair has. I have a photo or two in my album of braid waves (only using one french braid).. Makes my fine and only just 2" hair look way thicker with more body. :D :blossom: PS: I wash my hair in the evening and braid before bed, sometimes leaving it in until the next evening if I go out - looks pretty fabulous by then! hehehe :D

CastaDiva
June 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Lovely first attempt! :flower: I have found the more I braid my hair the more "memory" and "hold" my hair has. I have a photo or two in my album of braid waves (only using one french braid).. Makes my fine and only just 2" hair look way thicker with more body. :D :blossom: PS: I wash my hair in the evening and braid before bed, sometimes leaving it in until the next evening if I go out - looks pretty fabulous by then! hehehe :D

Mirsha, Charlotte, thank you:flower:

Mirsha, your hair looks stunning, so shiny and healthy!

Charlotte, it was how your braid waves look I was aiming for. They look gorgeous and perfect!! I`ll try again and I think that maybe brushing would have given my hair a bit more body too. On my picture it just lays all flat. I just loosened the braids an left the hair hanging there.

Mrspuddinhead
June 18th, 2011, 08:02 PM
@ Castadiva Beautiful is tis what I call it. Or you might say dirty blonde. Oh I miss that color. I used to get compliments on my natural color. Now I understand why mama never allowed me to color it.

Oh, I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was not my intent. Please forgive me and what ever you do don't stop posting. Your hair is very beautiful and I'm very envious.

blondecat
June 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Very lovely hair.

My hint, I tip my head upsidown and plait downwards, it gives nice body. I sleep that way.

CastaDiva
June 19th, 2011, 03:02 AM
@ Castadiva Beautiful is tis what I call it. Or you might say dirty blonde. Oh I miss that color. I used to get compliments on my natural color. Now I understand why mama never allowed me to color it.

Oh, I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. That was not my intent. Please forgive me and what ever you do don't stop posting. Your hair is very beautiful and I'm very envious.
I really appreciate honesty, and dirty blonde is just fine:D
I guess I`ll keep on posting but I won`t post more pictures until I have better ones:o
Thank you for your kindness:flowers:

CastaDiva
June 19th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Very lovely hair.

My hint, I tip my head upsidown and plait downwards, it gives nice body. I sleep that way.
Thank you for your comment, blondecat:flower:
You have beautiful hair, and I love your braid waves! Thanks for the hint:)

Charlotte
June 19th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Mirsha, Charlotte, thank you:flower:

Mirsha, your hair looks stunning, so shiny and healthy!

Charlotte, it was how your braid waves look I was aiming for. They look gorgeous and perfect!! I`ll try again and I think that maybe brushing would have given my hair a bit more body too. On my picture it just lays all flat. I just loosened the braids an left the hair hanging there.

Why thank you so much CastaDiva, :flowers: Your hair is naturally much, much nicer than mine (just like my two lovely daughters ie all natural and with no greys/artificial highlights, ha ha ha :p) and you will get even better results than me with a little practise - I promise!

It is best to braid hair when still slightly damp and sleep in it - leave it in for at least 8 hours but preferably 12+. That way, the waves have time to really "set". You will then have fantastic waves that last much longer. Start as high up on the top of your head as you can with the french braid and go to the very ends. Oh, and I never ever brush as this just causes fluffy frizzy mess for me. :o I finger comb firstly and then use a "Kent" comb (it has no seams - from UK). If your not adverse to it, and if you're going out to a nightclub etc, you can gently mist your hair with a little soft hold hairspray - hold it a long way away from your hair - shake can furiously first. :)

Good luck! :blossom:

CastaDiva
June 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Why thank you so much CastaDiva, :flowers: Your hair is naturally much, much nicer than mine (just like my two lovely daughters ie all natural and with no greys/artificial highlights, ha ha ha :p) and you will get even better results than me with a little practise - I promise!

It is best to braid hair when still slightly damp and sleep in it - leave it in for at least 8 hours but preferably 12+. That way, the waves have time to really "set". You will then have fantastic waves that last much longer. Start as high up on the top of your head as you can with the french braid and go to the very ends. Oh, and I never ever brush as this just causes fluffy frizzy mess for me. :o I finger comb firstly and then use a "Kent" comb (it has no seams - from UK). If your not adverse to it, and if you're going out to a nightclub etc, you can gently mist your hair with a little soft hold hairspray - hold it a long way away from your hair - shake can furiously first. :)

Good luck! :blossom:
I have looked at your albums, and I think your hair looks fantastic! And a little grey is just wonderful, and so are highlights:) Thank you so much for explaining in detail how to make proper braid waves. I`m going to try it real soon and if it turns out as wonderful as your braid waves I`ll put a picture of it in my album:)
Thank you for being so kind:flower:

Charlotte
June 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Also, I don't have any layers as my hair is too fine for them to look nice. I have tried them in the past but they looked as though a small animal (rat!) had chewed my hair! :o PS there is no hair spray in any of my photos -I rarely use it but when I do; WOW - crazy hair! Heh heh :D

CastaDiva
June 19th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Also, I don't have any layers as my hair is too fine for them to look nice. I have tried them in the past but they looked as though a small animal (rat!) had chewed my hair! :o PS there is no hair spray in any of my photos -I rarely use it but when I do; WOW - crazy hair! Heh heh :D
Hair spray and crazy hair; believe me I know:D