PDA

View Full Version : help making a new spritz with almond oil

Slinks
June 16th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Following a recent thread, forget which one, in which a poster mentions that evoo and coconut oils are heavier oils better suited to thicker hair, while the lighter oils, almond and a couple of others were mentioned, were better suited to finer hair .. yesterday I went out and bought myself a bottle of almond oil and am happier with the lighter feel, a lot like argon (which I'm allergic to) I saw a bottle of apricot kernel oil anyone used this ??

So here is where I would like some help/suggestions, at this point I must say I'm a cone head :D .. I made myself a potion of root awakening condish, evoo and water last time .. I would like to do this again with the almond oil, I now have a larger stash of condishs :eyebrows: and can't make up my mind what I'd like to use in this new batch :stirpot: I have these as my choices, clear henna wax, schwarzkopf repair butter mask for split ends, pantene nourished shine or schwarzkopf hair repair leave in condish .. which would you use ?? would love to know your choices ..

krissykins
June 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I personally choose one of my VO5 conditioners with some olive and sunflower oil and distilled water. It works like a charm :D

Slinks
June 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
lol, thanks Krissykins !! it is nice to know what you use, both evoo and sunflower 2 oils, thats heavy, lol :-) .. I do find the evoo too heavy for my limp, fine hair, the reason I went ahead and got the almond oil to try .. I didn't use the evoo oil let alone the spritz I made cos it just dragged my hair down .. I did love the coconut oil but being winter over here it solidifies, too hard to make a spritz with that ..

hmmm so, no answers ?? .. I think I'll go with the clear henna wax, almond oil and rainwater then .. I'll report back :-)

Slinks
June 18th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I settled on 1 tablespoon almond oil and 200 mls rain-water, it's still damp from my cwc wash, I spritzed after I combed it thru .. will report back