PDA

View Full Version : Can I use AVG-rinses everytime I wash my hair?

Safira
June 16th, 2011, 02:34 AM
So, Iīve read that ACV-rinses are bad when you use it more than once a week, but then I read that people use it all the time. So, what is the truth, can ACV be use safely with every wash (I wash 2-3 times/week) or once per week?

Sundial
June 16th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Can I clarify if you are asking about AVG (aloe vera gel) or ACV (acid cider vinegar) rinse?

Safira
June 16th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Oh my.. Iīm so, so sorry :doh:

:laugh::laugh:

ACV, vinegar rinse, thatīs what I meant. :lol:

I shall correct that..:D

pepperminttea
June 16th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I wash once a week or thereabouts, and use an ACV rinse at the end of every wash. I find it helps with the hard water build-up, but you should know it imparts a reddish tinge on your hair after a while, which I quite like, but it isn't for everyone.

Una
June 16th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I think it is okay to use ACV each wash, just as long as the vinegar is quite dilute. I use one tablespoon of vinegar to one cup of water. I wash my hair with this ACV mixture about twice a week and my hair is in much better condition that it ever has been. Maybe just experiment and see what works best for you :D

Safira
June 16th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you sweethearts. I have used acv now three times and I love how my hair is smooth and donīt get tangled. It is amazing. Thank you for warning that reddish tinge I donīt mind red. Red is good.

Now I really have to tell you, Iīve always been a little confused, why people want to put apple cider vinegars as a leave-in, and with SMT. :lol: And I was thinking that " wow, thereīs truly something I donīt seem to figure out" :lol:

*giggling* :silly::rollin:

Sundial
June 16th, 2011, 07:23 AM
It's ok! Now you know ;)

Mrspuddinhead
June 16th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I do an ACV after every wash and I wash my hair 4 times a week. If anything it makes my hair extra soft and shiny. I don't leave the ACV in seeing it causes my hair to be greasy. I've been using apple cider because it is all we have in the house and it brings out the red tones in my hair. So if you are a blonde I suggest using white vinegar.

UltraBella
June 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I must admit, I have never tried this. I really should. What is wrong with me ?

nazzooyzo
June 16th, 2011, 09:12 AM
i started using this last week and my hair does feel silkier. am planning on doing it every 2-3 days.

LisaMonster
June 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I use an ACV rinse after every wash.

I've also decided to start infusing my vinegar with herbs. I'll have to report back on how that goes.