PDA

View Full Version : Good hairstyle for a raven costume?

Becky9679
June 16th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I'm in a parade to celebrate Midsummer this weekend and I'm playing the character of a raven. My hair is already black and I was just going to wear it loose but I wondered if anyone could think of a good updo for a bird costume? I'm about halfway between APL and BSL so can't do anything too intricate!

RadiantNeedle
June 16th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Are you wearing a mask or headdress?

allnight avenue
June 16th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Putting it in some sort of crazy updo with bits sticking out all over the place and black feathers tucked into the sections would be neat.

Or like this: http://www.polyvore.com/no-sew_costume_raven_bird_martha/thing?id=24166559#

Becky9679
June 16th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Actually it'll be a 3 foot high puppet that straps to my back and sits on my shoulders! There won't be anything obscuring the view of my face and head

RadiantNeedle
June 16th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Perhaps two buns, one on either side of the head, with black feathers pushed in haphazardly? Or make some wing-shaped arrangements with feathers to clip in, so you sort of have wings on either side of your head?

Becky9679
June 16th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Putting it in some sort of crazy updo with bits sticking out all over the place and black feathers tucked into the sections would be neat.

Or like this: http://www.polyvore.com/no-sew_costume_raven_bird_martha/thing?id=24166559#

I like the idea of having bits sticking out all over, might just twist random sections up in bobby pins or something

Perhaps two buns, one on either side of the head, with black feathers pushed in haphazardly? Or make some wing-shaped arrangements with feathers to clip in, so you sort of have wings on either side of your head?

I'd love to arrange my hair in 'wings' but I'm not entirely sure how I'd do it!

myotislucifugus
June 16th, 2011, 09:56 AM
cornrows with feathers woven in. It'll be striking.

Sagi1982
June 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Wow, feathered cornrows sounds very creative! :cheer:
I love that idea!

I thought of cornrows too, but with large ends fiddled up - think of Elainehalis Peacock loop in the articles section, but with several small Dutch braids. Maybe you could define the ends with some coconut oil or something.