PDA

View Full Version : How to wrap short hair?

georgia_peach
June 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I've been searching for any threads/posts on hair wrapping as an alternative to blow drying the hair. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have ear-lenth hair with layers and I've been blow drying to keep my hair somewhat decent looking. But I notice that the ends seem to be getting dry. I'd rather find a heat free alternative and think I remember seeing something about hair wrapping. But can this be done on short hair? Thanks!

Anje
June 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Well, it's an alternative to blowing hair out straight I guess. I'd consider airdrying to be the most standard alternative to blowdrying, though.

Without actually knowing, I'd suspect that wrapping can probably be done more easily with shorter hair than with long. You might need more pins to hold it all in place, but it seems like it would be a lot easier to get hair to spiral around the head if you're not having to wrap it around a couple times. If you're 1b/1c, though, I don't know whether it'll get your hair that much straighter. I just airdry mine myself.

dorkfish
June 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yes it can. I use to do hair and that was almost easier to do on short hair. The only thing is, you will have to use some type of product on your hair to help hold it in place. Maybe some leave in conditioner.

After you have put the product in your hair, You start by parting your hair from front to back, straight down the middle.
Next, part your hair across the top from ear to ear. You will have 4 sections.
Now, you want to start and the crown of your head, with a small comb, and make like a swirl. Combing and joining a small section of hair from each of the four parted sections.
Like you are making yourself have a mock cow like. lol
Use your free hand to hold the hair in the swirl and comb around your head.
Gradually adding more and more hair, until all the hair is "wrapped" around your head.
It will be combed across your forehead.

You may need to take a bobby pin or straight pin to hold the end of it in the direction of the wrap.
When you comb it out. Start from the end and comb out around your head the opposite direction of the wrap.
You may have one side that doesn't want to lay right, since you had it wrapped an opposite direction from the way is wants to lay. Just wet your fingertips and moisten that little spot.

That should make your hair nice and straight, but still have body to it.

Hope this helps.
Let it air dry and when you take

georgia_peach
June 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Yes, Anje, I should probably just get used to the look of my hair air dried. That would be less pulling on the hair and less chance of breakage, too.

Thanks for the detailed directions, Dorkfish! It does seem like a lot of work, especially if I wash my hair nearly every day. Maybe it's something I should consider doing when I want my hair to look especially "finished".