PDA

View Full Version : Wonky gnarly velcroey dry hair transformed!! Thanks LHC!!!

shikara
June 15th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Before joining LHC, I didn't really pay too much attention to my hair. I had stopped using conditioner, and I'd wash, comb out when dry, and braid - no problems noticed, and all of a sudden, it was long again! One day when I wore my hair down I realized it didn't really have much if any body, it tangled too easily I thought, and it seemed somewhat dry closer to ends. Google searches on hair care led me here. In trying to care for my hair better it seemed to be getting worse and worse. I tried almost all the methods and suggestions here (CWC, CO, clarifying, chelating, hard water issues, porosity tests, protein tests, moisture tests, jojoba, olive oil, shea butter, cones, no cones, ACV rinses and on and on). Three things that I hadn't tried, I now did, and so far they seems to have transformed my hair. From all things read, it's very possible more improvement will show itself. Coconut oil (which for me far surpasses any other oils I have tried), shampoo bar, and lemon juice rinses. Hair has way more body without the slip (updos stay) , combs WAAAY better, has shine and just overall looks and feels like hair!!! Thanks LHC!!!

Amber_Maiden
June 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Yay! I hope my experiments pay off soon too!!!!:)

Ligeia_13
June 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hooray for you and your gorgeous hair! :cheese: These kind of stories really give me hope ^_^

Madora
June 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Great to hear, Shikara! Good for you!

Firefly
June 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm really happy for you, Shikara!

Intransigentia
June 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Glad you found something that makes your hair happy!

Mariacus9
June 15th, 2011, 08:24 PM
That's amazing! Congratulations! I hope I'll be able to get healthy hair too.

Sundial
June 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'm happy to hear that you finally found a routine that works for you! It seems quite frills-free too ;)

Roscata
June 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM
That's awesome. I'm glad you found some things that work. Coconut oil and lemon rinses are awesome! :D

jojo
June 16th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Its so lovely when a plan comes together. I am really happy you have found a solution to your problem.

Sweetie
June 16th, 2011, 02:54 AM
thank you for this inspiring post!!!