PDA

View Full Version : My bangs itch, why is that?

Venefica
June 15th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I have bangs. Sharp cut, one layer, short bangs hanging over my face. But they itch, if I go over a week between washes my scalp itches, but my bangs itches all the time and itches far worse than any other part of my hair, why is that, it is getting annoying. Can it be they are growing more than the rest of my hair?

RadiantNeedle
June 15th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Is it possible you're getting a product on them that you don't get on the rest of your hair, such as a facial cleanser?

MonaLisa
June 15th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Maybe you wash them too often with a shampoo which might cause dryness?
Or the opposite, you touch and style them more which then requires more washing due to dirt and sweat?

I don't think bangs grow faster than the rest of hair. At least not regarding roots, perhaps they gain length faster because they are cut short and often and therefore don't break or have damage/splits.

Anyway, if you wash them often use mild shampoo, and try ACV rinse :)

Gypsygirl
June 15th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I don't think they grow faster, either, though it does seem that way sometimes simply because you notice it more! That said, there are people out there who believe in that theory...like George Michael.

I agree with Radiant Needle. It could be a product- even one that you use on your hands or nails if you touch your forehead/bangs a lot. Or...do you sometimes wash your bangs only in between regular washes? If so, then maybe it's a dry skin issue? If it doesn't clear up after considering all of these things, you might want to see a dermatologist. You want to be sure it's not a fungus infection or psoriasis or something like that. Hugs!

doro357
June 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Maybe too much conditioner. I try not to use that much on top.

littlenvy
June 15th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I agree with RadiantNeedle. It might be what you use to clean your face. Maybe the product is soap based and your hair doesn't like it?
This is a tricky area because it goes from one type of skin to another. It might also get more itchy because of sweat (salt).
Make sure you pay special attention to that area with your toner. That will even out the pH level.

Peggy E.
June 15th, 2011, 07:38 AM
When I had bangs a thousand years ago, they, too, seemed to itch. I found with mine it was due to the oil on my forehead which was causing problems with them. (I told you it was a thousand years ago!)

It could be caused by oily skin, or make-up - as the other posters have mentioned, this hair is subjected to what you use on your face, whereas the rest of your hair is not affected.

What I ended up doing was washing my bangs more often than the rest of my hair. And when this became too much of a pain, let them grow out and haven't had that problem since!

It would be nice to have them, to soften the hairline and frame the face a bit - plus they feel "youthful" to me, somehow. But my hair is too thin to risk cutting that off. :o(

Hope you find a way to live in peace with your bangs!

Venefica
June 15th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I do not use allot of face products but some might get into the bangs. I wash them as often as the rest of my hair, however I do spend more time styling the bangs then the rest as it is at times a nightmare to get them to lie properly over the forehead. I do have poraiosis I have had it since I was a child but that is more in the back of my head and very minor. It can be that I style them more and touch them more.

Thank you all for your advice I appreciate it.