PDA

View Full Version : vitamins: HAIR Essentials

Ellswyth
June 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
My sister got these Hair Essentials by NaturalWellbeing.com. Has anybody used them? Did they help you?

Thanks!

McFearless
June 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
This is their website. http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/products/hair-growth

If you scroll down you will see the ingredients. Hopefully someone can break them down for you.

MandyBeth
June 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM
As with any supplement, if they work, either you need to improve your diet or run to your dr to find out why you aren't using whatever properly. Vit A is too high, and as it's fat-soluble, it will build up, which is dangerous. That's just the start.

IanB
June 15th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Well, if you believe the blurb and the reviews on the web site it seems to work. It does contain a lot of the "hair growing" ingredients such as biotin, beta carotine, horsetail etc,, but I don't know if any of these are in toxic quantities. It also seems quite expensive. I don't think this brand is avaialable here in the UK, but most of the ingredients can be found in products sold by local health food stores, but not necessarily in one complete tablet.

x0h_bother
June 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
it may be more helpful to take a general multivite that you approve of and then add certain ingredients either in your diet or pill form. I know it is simple and convenient to take vites all in one pill though. In the ones you are showing I see MSM, horsetail, biotin and flax seed oil, all things that people on here have said they have taken for hair. If you are unsure about any of the other ingredients, I would try taking one or a few of these hair ingredients separately. GL!

McFearless
June 15th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I don't think anybody, unless told by a Dr., should take vitamins that are so easily found in foods like Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, Iron, and Zinc. Fat soluble ones don't just flush out of your system, they remain in your fat until completely used and build up until that happens. Water soluble ones are still very dangerous considering how much effort it takes for your organs to expell what you don't need. Certain vitamins hinder your ability to absorb others, too. Its way too complicated to stay on top of in my opinion.

jojo
June 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM
^^ agreed I must have repeated myself a million times but taking supplements is dangerous as I found out to my cost. I now have mild renal failure which could worsen as I get older. Eat a varied diet not a handful of pills!

McFearless
June 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
^^ agreed I must have repeated myself a million times but taking supplements is dangerous as I found out to my cost. I now have mild renal failure which could worsen as I get older. Eat a varied diet not a handful of pills!

Jojo! :(:(

MandyBeth
June 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I take supplements by the fist full. They may help my hair, but they are all for what my medical problems need or don't use right. Like I can finish a bottle of B vits in 3 days, I will barely reach normal levels.

Ellswyth
June 16th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys. She's tried them for a while, but hasn't noticed any big difference.

snakewitch
June 16th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm no doctor, but...

Those give you 100%+ of your daily value of vitamins that are easily found elsewhere. And before anyone tries to say something, you CAN overdose on vitamins, and it can lead to death or serious complications. At least I'm sure it can with some of those.

Maybe I'm just overly paranoid about those kinds of things.

If you want those vitamins, get them from food when it's possible. Not pills.