PDA

View Full Version : Silk scarf cap/headband style

Roseate
June 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hello LHC! I've been enjoying this style as a way to wear my hair for bed; it protects the hair more than just a braid, and is very comfortable. Using a thinner scarf, it looks more like a headband and is a nice way to keep my bangs out of my face if I want.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5301/5834251379_380cc03841.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5157/5834801518_0e7f6e7ef6.jpg

The one on the left is with a large square scarf: I fold it into a triangle, put the center of the triangle on my forehead and let all three points hang down my back. In each section of my braid, I include one of the points of the scarf. Braid to the end, tie off the braid with the scarf itself, and sleep!

Of course, eventually my hair will get longer than the scarf; currently the middle point of the triangle runs out before my hair, but I just keep braiding and it stays in.

Just thought I'd share this style, I've been using it a lot lately. Give it a try!

LoversLullaby
June 14th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I've done this a few times myself. It's really really pretty, and I especially like the striped scarf on the right. :)

Hotrox
June 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
That is very clever and very pretty. Seems a shame to only wear it to bed!! The thin scarf especially looks very chic. I am off to the beach on Saturday and may copy this style to keep the sun off and keep it out of my face. Thanks Roseate :)

proo
June 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Nice, thank you so much - I'm always looking for scarf styles since they seem so gentle.

Roseate
June 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
That is very clever and very pretty. Seems a shame to only wear it to bed!! The thin scarf especially looks very chic. I am off to the beach on Saturday and may copy this style to keep the sun off and keep it out of my face. Thanks Roseate :)

Thank you! I actually wore this style out of the house the first time today, with a thin scarf, which is what made me think to post it. Should be great for the beach!

AnnaJamila
June 14th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I do one where you make pigtails with the scarf and then tie them up like Frieda Kahlo? Not sure how to spell that.

But then I learned how to do the real thing! Lol.

WaitingSoLong
July 22nd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Resurrection...

Anyone tried this on longer hair? (I have some long scarves but they are rectangles, not squares, more like one you wear around your neck in winter but decorative, I also have a source to buy more.) I LOVE scarves but they always just seem to slip off. I wear a T-shirt material one when I mow, completely covers my hair and I tie it around my bun. No more grass clippings in my hair and acts as a sweat band, too.

I recently made a post about using cut off T-shirt sleeves as headbands (sweatbands) and they even look cute sometimes. I really like this idea and want to try it SOON!

Does the scarf not slip off over your forehead at night?

OH I just had an idea. I had cut up silky/stretchy pajama pants and used a leg from it to make a sleep stocking. My hair is sticking out the ends at this time but maybe I could use the other leg for this technique somehow. A pajama leg is TBL on me LOL that sounds funny.

Jing
July 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Interesting! I'll have to try to remember that one for when my hair is long enough to actually try it.

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
I really love how that looks. Very cute.

Sewas
July 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you so much for this tip. I use a sleep bonnet and sometimes it is still on in the morning and other times its on the floor or someplace else and my hair is all frazzled and tangled.