PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Growth & Warm Climates...

LaceyNg
June 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM
is seasonal growth affected by year-round warm climates?

just something i'm interested in everybody's thoughts on.

since most ppl tend ot agree that the average person has more growth during the warmer months and less during the cooler months, what about those of us that live in year-round warm climates? is this change in hair growth be cued by the actual temperature outdoors, or does the body just grow, grow grow for x amount of months, and then have slower/stalled growth for another x amount of months, all on its own, with no external cue from seasonal changes?

thoughs?

InHeels
June 14th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Interesting! I've got no idea, haha!
I always thought that it had to do something with vitamin D. When it's warmer (in my country) there's more sun and that's the reason your body makes more vitamin D. But someone once said that her hair grows faster when she went to the sauna.

Vespertine
June 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm in Texas, pretty warm all year, though we do get a couple months of cold weather in the winter. I don't think my hair grows faster during our 9 months of summer or three months of fall/winter/spring. (Can you tell I'm already fed up with this heat?)

jojo
June 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM
My hair slows down in growth during summer but increases a lot in winter; were all different I suppose.

SheaLynne
June 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I'm also in a hot climate (lower US), and I have been measuring monthly for over a year and a half and have gotten absolutely the exact same amount of growth year round, no changes at all.

LaceyNg
June 16th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Interesting! I've got no idea, haha!
I always thought that it had to do something with vitamin D. When it's warmer (in my country) there's more sun and that's the reason your body makes more vitamin D. But someone once said that her hair grows faster when she went to the sauna.

makes me want to take a vitamin D supplement! i've heard its good for a lot of stuff, too! :)

I'm in Texas, pretty warm all year, though we do get a couple months of cold weather in the winter. I don't think my hair grows faster during our 9 months of summer or three months of fall/winter/spring. (Can you tell I'm already fed up with this heat?)

i'm in TX too! and MAN, the HEAT! i'm trying to be optimistic and be like "maybe my hair will like it better than the cold weather?" lol!

My hair slows down in growth during summer but increases a lot in winter; were all different I suppose.

I'm also in a hot climate (lower US), and I have been measuring monthly for over a year and a half and have gotten absolutely the exact same amount of growth year round, no changes at all.

ahhh!, hair's so crazy! why cant it al lplay by one set of rules?

thanks for your responses though, it's helped settle my curiosity!