PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Leave-In Conditioner?

BroadwayBeauty
June 14th, 2011, 09:34 AM
So I'm pretty much a leave-in conditioner fanatic, although to be honest I don't have a lot of variety in my products. While I was browsing around on LHC, I saw something about diluting your regular conditioner in a spray bottle of water. Has anyone tried this? Is this supposed to be any better than spray leave-in conditioners that you can buy at the store?

Thanks for the help!

BroadwayBeauty
June 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Bump! Hoping for some insight :)

Dr. Girlfriend
June 14th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I love leave-ins as well. TBH I will use regular conditioner as a leave in sometimes, but I don't put it in a spray bottle, I just rub a little bit on damp hair.

caiti42
June 15th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I dilute one of my hair treatments with water in a spray bottle. I don't know if it's better than regular leave ins but it's cheaper and cone-free.

Works for me!

Roseate
June 15th, 2011, 01:05 AM
For a homemade spray conditioner, I love Kimberlily's recipe. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277)

Renbirde
June 15th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I haven't tried the dilute-and-spray thing, but when I'm washing my hair, I leave a lot of the conditioner in the length. What type of conditioner is matters a LOT, I've found-- I get awesome results with the mildly coney Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, but when I left in various VO5 and Suave cone-free conditioners, my hair tangled really badly and I kept getting this sticky, greyish buildup (I could see it on the bristles of my brush).

BroadwayBeauty
June 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the insight!!! I think I'll have to play around and find what's best for my hair :)

Scarlet_Heart
June 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Have tried to leave-in with just plain oils? I find that my hair really likes this, particularly camellia.

McFearless
June 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I don't own enough mister bottles to put all of my experiments in them, but I use old conditioner tubs and mix water and a rich, deep conditioner in them to use as a leave-in. For me, expensive deep conditioners can't be wasted and I use a lot of product while doing DT's so I want to make the product last instead. By adding water and diluting it slightly, it is less thick and heavy and can be used as a leave-in. I think the difference between that and a store bought leave-in spray is that you can determine how heavy or diluted you want it depending on what your hair needs at the time.

wvgemini
June 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I haven't tried diluting anything, but I have used oils before and I like this vanilla silk blow dry cream from Organics (about the only thing I like from them, lol). I don't really use it for heat protectant, but it works well as a leave-in and smells yummy.